How much would you pay for this bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How much would you pay for this bike?
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
thanks for the input

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
cchowe03 wrote:
I can get this bike for $500, what do you think, good price? really need some help on this one. Thanks

photo

photo

photo

that looks like the same desighn they use for a costco bike, that big single pivot is just fugly

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
if you can get 500 do it..

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
go to walmart and see what you can get for $500.00. Nothing like this I can bet, it may be old but for a starter I think it would be great, compatibility may be a problem though..

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
well theres no sparkles on it so its not worth the money...
*sigh*
what a shame

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
that front tire is like 4 inches wide i swear to god

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
I would get it but then again I love the old style big bikes. I doubt you'd have to worry too much about breaking anything, that's clearly a build from the huck bike era.

The one concern I would have is that a large percentage of the inverted forks from that era had terrible seal issues. 7 or 8 years later, I don't know how easy it would be to get new ones if they do start excessively weeping.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
dexmaster wrote:

You've never seen a 3" Gazzi on a Doublewide rim before?

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
I'd buy it for the fact that it's so old.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
dexmaster wrote:

You've never seen a 3" Gazzi on a Doublewide rim before?

HAHA cant say i have

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
odin333 wrote:

it probably weighs a ton though. single pivot doesn't hold up now compared to other bikes and it would be a chain reaction once one thing goes wrong.

even if you did something like broke the front brake, you would have to get a fork too because the mounts are on the wrong side since the standard now is on the other side that the mounts are on that fork. it probably has a 1 inch steerer tube so a new fork would probably mean a new frame.

Single pivot is fine, don't know where the hell you got that from.

I doubt is has 1 inch steerer tube, I have a 2001 Stab and it has 1 1/8" steerer and I think its a 68mm BB. It's all standard sizes, has taken an absolute beating and is still going strong.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
odin333 wrote:

it probably weighs a ton though. single pivot doesn't hold up now compared to other bikes and it would be a chain reaction once one thing goes wrong.

even if you did something like broke the front brake, you would have to get a fork too because the mounts are on the wrong side since the standard now is on the other side that the mounts are on that fork. it probably has a 1 inch steerer tube so a new fork would probably mean a new frame.

Single pivot is fine, don't know where the hell you got that from.

I doubt is has 1 inch steerer tube, I have a 2001 Stab and it has 1 1/8" steerer and I think its a 68mm BB. It's all standard sizes, has taken an absolute beating and is still going strong.

I think what Odin was trying to say is that Compared to other designs of the world today single pivot isn't generally the first choice. It definately doesn't have a 1" steerer and if it did why would you change the Curnutt fork anyway its like one of the greatest forks on the market ever.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 6:44 Quote
Orange 224 is an incredible bike and it's single pivot, if I was buying a new bike wouldn't just look at VPP or FSR bikes.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 6:49 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
Orange 224 is an incredible bike and it's single pivot, if I was buying a new bike wouldn't just look at VPP or FSR bikes.

I don't look at the Oranges as proper DH bikes but there are othe single pivots out there that you would call me insane if I was going to build into a DH platform. I could care less who has ridden and won on what bikes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012847
Mobile Version of Website