Post your 40+ pound (weight) hardtail

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Post your 40+ pound (weight) hardtail
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
bikerkid13 wrote:
because single crown can't handle as big hits.

Is that true all the time?

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
bikerkid13 wrote:
why do you think motocross racers use double crown

because the bikes weight about 5x as much, the jumps are bigger, the tracks are rougher

motocross bikes use small wheels lets get on that shit too! oh wait no lets not, we're not a motocross bike

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
gary1 wrote:
bikerkid13 wrote:

I wouldn't say they cant handle big hits, but i dont think they are as stiff as a duel crown for obvious reasons.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
webber123 wrote:
gary1 wrote:
bikerkid13 wrote:

I wouldn't say they cant handle big hits, but i dont think they are as stiff as a duel crown for obvious reasons.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/767/350__1_wb-groove-200-med.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/rockshox-totem-med.jpg
Tell me which will be stiffer?

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
webber123 wrote:
gary1 wrote:
bikerkid13 wrote:

I doubt you will feel any flex in a 66 or totem etc...

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
gary1 wrote:
webber123 wrote:
gary1 wrote:

Snip

You put up a duel crown that will be obviously more flexalbe due to being inverted so having no arch.

You might as well compare a SC shiver to a 888.

See what i mean?

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
JoshSt wrote:
webber123 wrote:
gary1 wrote:

I doubt you will feel any flex in a 66 or totem etc...

Chillaxe dudes im in no way putting down single crowns, up untilla few weeks ago i ran a single crown, now im onto my first ever duel crown. Personly dont think about things like flex when im riding.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
webber123 wrote:
gary1 wrote:
webber123 wrote:

Snip

You put up a duel crown that will be obviously more flexalbe due to being inverted so having no arch.

See what i mean?

No, Comparing a SC Shiver to an 888 is nothing like it. That kid said a Dual Crown could take bigger hits. In this case, No.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
gary1 wrote:
webber123 wrote:
gary1 wrote:

Snip

See what i mean?

No, Comparing a SC Shiver to an 888 is nothing like it. That kid said a Dual Crown could take bigger hits. In this case, No.

Comparing them is like it.

In terms of strength the duel crown is stronger. But they both perform the same.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
right, if you have a single crown fork that is long travel and compare it to a long travel duel crown fork like a 66 to a 888 the 888 will be stronger than the 66 because of its second crown. an inverted fork like a shiver DC will be weaker than an 888 as it has no arch giveing it more flex makeing it liable totwisting and snapping the rebound rod inside. the totem compared to a white bro's inverted fork is like comparing a shver SC to a 888, the white bro's inverted fork will be incredably weaker than the totem,because of its stantion size differance and also because its inverted diveing it more flex

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
oh and manitou metel rear shock are crap Wink

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 0:36 Quote
get some bikes up, enough of this asking why we make are bikes so heavy.

Mine is so heavy because of the frame, but its a classic and its bomb proof. I would love to shed some weight off her but its not going to happen cause of funds. going to build a street bike on the cheap tho, its going to feel so light!

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
katoomer wrote:
you guys are all retards.... mx and mtb are COMPLETELY different i race motocross so dont give me shit about me not racing.

mtb:
pedal power
weighs average 50lbs and under
gears switched by thumb if used at all
pocket size brakes
wear everyday clothes with helmet
100ft is considered a BIG jump
need like a 100ft run in to hit a 10ft jump
and more

motocross:
engine power
bikes (125-450) weigh more then 200lbs
foot back brake, lever front brake
full motocross gear(helmet goggles roost protector gloves jersey pants boots etc...
clutch, throttle, back brake, front brake, gears all at different times
100ft is the average triple jump on a good track
takes WAY more skill and strength to ride a dirtbike fast
gets nicer chicks

and tomohawk bike GTFO you cant say shit about motocross if you say "motorbikes" and you could ride a childs bike from walmart faster then your bike.

okay, now im done.
dick

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
katoomer wrote:
you guys are all retards.... mx and mtb are COMPLETELY different i race motocross so dont give me shit about me not racing.

mtb:
pedal power
weighs average 50lbs and under
gears switched by thumb if used at all
pocket size brakes
wear everyday clothes with helmet
100ft is considered a BIG jump
need like a 100ft run in to hit a 10ft jump
and more

motocross:
engine power
bikes (125-450) weigh more then 200lbs
foot back brake, lever front brake
full motocross gear(helmet goggles roost protector gloves jersey pants boots etc...
clutch, throttle, back brake, front brake, gears all at different times
100ft is the average triple jump on a good track
takes WAY more skill and strength to ride a dirtbike fast
gets nicer chicks

and tomohawk bike GTFO you cant say shit about motocross if you say "motorbikes" and you could ride a childs bike from walmart faster then your bike.

okay, now im done.
do you think your cool or something?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011228
Mobile Version of Website