The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Author Message
Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 3:55 Quote
That's coz it's winter now.

No actual biks tracks in avoriaz. Just ski stuff but runs from top of lindarets bowl bit that overlooks avoriaz.

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 6:00 Quote
The mossetts lift is open in summer. It does close if it gets too windy. So does the Gondola at Champery. It has been shut for us a few days we have went over. If its shut its just roll down to linderattes bowl and head back to Avoriaz or Chatel. Its something to keep in mind if heading next Morgins or Crossetts There is 3 trails down from Avoriaz to Linderattes. the trail back from Avoriaz to middle lift station on super morzine is just a green trail to bring you back.

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 15:19 Quote
Right so myself and a mate are planning on doing a small road trip in the summer in last week of July and a few days into August. We are planning on camping it out, unless forced into submission by very bad weather! haha. We are planning on staying in Morzine for 5 days, I have been there before but can anyone recommend any decent campsites in Morzine or around the portes du soleil?

Thanks

Henry

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
down the bottom of town there is a carpark where people park campers and vans and use as a sort of makeshift campsite. not sure if its legal or if any cost involved bbut i reckon ruffing it there for a few days in a van on air beds and using a camping stove wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. its near the tenis courts and the swimming place so you could go swimming in the mornings and grab a shower there, go for breaky then get riding. thats poss my plan nexrt time.

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 16:15 Quote
[Quote="flowerman7"]Right so myself and a mate are planning on doing a small road trip in the summer in last week of July and a few days into August. We are planning on camping it out, unless forced into submission by very bad weather! haha. We are planning on staying in Morzine for 5 days, I have been there before but can anyone recommend any decent campsites in Morzine or around the portes du soleil?

Thanks

Henry[/Quote

Camping Marmotte in Morzine if you fancy going legit. Two minute ride down into town and you'll be able to shower buddy!

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 20:28 Quote
aquadude wrote:
down the bottom of town there is a carpark where people park campers and vans and use as a sort of makeshift campsite. not sure if its legal or if any cost involved bbut i reckon ruffing it there for a few days in a van on air beds and using a camping stove wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. its near the tenis courts and the swimming place so you could go swimming in the mornings and grab a shower there, go for breaky then get riding. thats poss my plan nexrt time.
. Yeah by Carrefour but they are cracking down and stopping that now there are various rocks on grass verges etc and hardly anyone camping last year, there's always a few vans n tents in car park bit by Les gets bottom jump park. There are some official sites too.

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 23:58 Quote
As far as I know, camping laws are very relaxed in France. You can basically set up wherever you want. Half way down Les Gets looks to be a good place as andydd mentioned.

Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 6:33 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
As far as I know, camping laws are very relaxed in France. You can basically set up wherever you want. Half way down Les Gets looks to be a good place as andydd mentioned.
. If you can put up with the sound of people crashing and howling in pain ????

Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 6:47 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
As far as I know, camping laws are very relaxed in France. You can basically set up wherever you want. Half way down Les Gets looks to be a good place as andydd mentioned.

Depends where you go, they provide camping in spots for free (parking pres la joux in chatel is free for example) but if there is a real campsite available they don't like you camping for free

Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 12:28 Quote
[Quote="dglobulator"]
flowerman7 wrote:
Right so myself and a mate are planning on doing a small road trip in the summer in last week of July and a few days into August. We are planning on camping it out, unless forced into submission by very bad weather! haha. We are planning on staying in Morzine for 5 days, I have been there before but can anyone recommend any decent campsites in Morzine or around the portes du soleil?

Thanks

Henry[/Quote

Camping Marmotte in Morzine if you fancy going legit. Two minute ride down into town and you'll be able to shower buddy!
Yeah we've stayed at that site twice now and although it is only like a 3 star, has a really friendly owner and there's a takeaway pizza place 10 metres down the road. It supposedly also has wifi, but that didn't work for any of us last year. There's also a campsite with a pool halfway up Mont Chery, but I can imagine it being a pain to get back to if the lifts close, meaning a long climb back up.

Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 23:14 Quote
Marmottes is a good site but lying on the lumpy hard ground when your body is battered from riding and crashing all day is no fun. Obviously it's cheaper but if you can stretch to 30 euro a night i'd go for b&b at the Rhodos.

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
andydd wrote:
That's coz it's winter now.

No actual biks tracks in avoriaz. Just ski stuff but runs from top of lindarets bowl bit that overlooks avoriaz.

You could say that there are no actual bike tracks in Morzine, if you are saying that there are no tracks in Avoriaz. Lindarets and Super Morzine are both technically in the Avoriaz domain. They have more tracks and variety than Morzine does.

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
iamsharpy wrote:
andydd wrote:
That's coz it's winter now.

No actual biks tracks in avoriaz. Just ski stuff but runs from top of lindarets bowl bit that overlooks avoriaz.

You could say that there are no actual bike tracks in Morzine, if you are saying that there are no tracks in Avoriaz. Lindarets and Super Morzine are both technically in the Avoriaz domain. They have more tracks and variety than Morzine does.

Lindarets never really floated my boat. All the trails seem a bit like they were built by xc riders looking for a way down the mountain. There are some very good tracks on Supermorzine, but you have to know where to look. The official tracks there are a bit dull if you ask me. Pleney is where its at in my books...

This is just my opinion, obviously, and if you've seen me ride you probably know my opinion aint worth much Razz

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
iamsharpy wrote:
andydd wrote:
That's coz it's winter now.

No actual biks tracks in avoriaz. Just ski stuff but runs from top of lindarets bowl bit that overlooks avoriaz.

You could say that there are no actual bike tracks in Morzine, if you are saying that there are no tracks in Avoriaz. Lindarets and Super Morzine are both technically in the Avoriaz domain. They have more tracks and variety than Morzine does.

Lindarets never really floated my boat. All the trails seem a bit like they were built by xc riders looking for a way down the mountain. There are some very good tracks on Supermorzine, but you have to know where to look. The official tracks there are a bit dull if you ask me. Pleney is where its at in my books...

This is just my opinion, obviously, and if you've seen me ride you probably know my opinion aint worth much Razz
depends what you're after, the pleney has some gnarly steep tracks, some of the 'off the map' tracks are nuts, but super fun, love the pleney

Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 6:20 Quote
some fun traks over on super morzine took in sections of the walkers trails but were steep and rooty and a righrt pisser to ride. remember flying out of the trees on a steep section and scaring the shite out of a group of walkers. also mont cherry was wicked. some excellent trails and the double diamond stuff was sweet. im not a big jumper or crazy man and i think this year mont cherry has some daft shit going on but still alot of fun.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011256
Mobile Version of Website