The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 2:23 Quote
First time over there I thought my brake rotor was loose as it was squeeling, so I thought I'd check it when I got to the end of my run by giving it a wiggle with my bare fingers.

I swear my scream echoed from the other side of the valley!

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 12:05 Quote
cains08 wrote:
First time over there I thought my brake rotor was loose as it was squeeling, so I thought I'd check it when I got to the end of my run by giving it a wiggle with my bare fingers.

I swear my scream echoed from the other side of the valley!

I made that mistake too, first I thought hhmm what's that wierd sensation !

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 13:46 Quote
Left a really cool pattern in my skin!

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 5:59 Quote
Don't want to get tooo spam on it but if anyone is still looking for accommodation for the summer in Morzine, Les gets or Chatel drop us an email, info@mtbmorzinebeds.com

www.mtbmorzinebeds.com

All Pinkbikers will get 5% off if you quote 5PB16, that's from the total accommodation cost.

We still have some apartments for the Crankworx event also from the 15-19th June and our Hotel has some availabiltiy for the Passportes event. We have a few apartment available during June, July and August alongside our fully catered riders weeks where you get a 6 day PDS pass, airport transfers, luxury chalet, and fully catered at £449 for the week.

All our clients get discount on airport transfers, bike hire, bike and holiday insurance (new hook up and bloody good) free juice lubes products, karcher jet wash and ParkTool equipment in all our properties.

Or simply if you have any questions on pass, best travel modes, trails, day trips etc just fire away.

www.mtbmorzinebeds.com

Cheers...

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 11:02 Quote
andydd wrote:
iamsharpy wrote:
andydd wrote:
That's coz it's winter now.

No actual biks tracks in avoriaz. Just ski stuff but runs from top of lindarets bowl bit that overlooks avoriaz.

You could say that there are no actual bike tracks in Morzine, if you are saying that there are no tracks in Avoriaz. Lindarets and Super Morzine are both technically in the Avoriaz domain. They have more tracks and variety than Morzine does.

That is true, I was thinking of town itself and not area, I should know this coz I bought a Avoriaz track builders t shirt from lift.

How's MMM, you didn't have the van at Lindarets last year ?

MMM is no more, I stopped a couple of years ago and Gareth stopped the year after. This last summer there was a van in Lindarets run by the Avoriaz MCF bike school. We've both moved on to other things now, it was good while it lasted but wasn't terribly profitable. We got to meet some great people and ride a lot though so everything has it upside Smile

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 11:05 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Hows the skatepark in morzine town center looking? I always used to roll down there when I had nothing better to do in the evenings. Smile
The pictures I've seen make it look decent. Never saw it in person before it was finished though

The new skatepark is good fun. Not many people ride it on bmx as it's mellow and difficult to get speed/not many interesting things to ride. Seen one or two chaps ride in the bowl which is tight and tech. Would be terrible on a mtb, skate board is best.

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
Hi Guys, I'm heading out to Morzine this summer and want to visit les lindarets. Is it an easy ride back from there? Do you have to ride past Lac Montriond and into morzine that way or is there a way via lifts ?

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 12:59 Quote
OllieBallyn99 wrote:
Hi Guys, I'm heading out to Morzine this summer and want to visit les lindarets. Is it an easy ride back from there? Do you have to ride past Lac Montriond and into morzine that way or is there a way via lifts ?

It's just a short pedal over including a bit of tye Pass'portes trail to get there, and a green trail to get back, which is more fun than you might think, that takes you back to the super morzine trails.

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
get lift up to avoriaz from linderattes, then roll down bit of road and trail back down to middle lift on supermorzine.
you can ride down past lake and have swim on way home as some do, its not that far back up from lake to bridge in morzine..

Posted: Apr 9, 2016 at 4:44 Quote
OllieBallyn99 wrote:

As mentioned various ways up and down. Best way up is lift up super m and follow route past Avoriaz then when you reach road either follow road down to the bowl or there is trail down (part of the yellow passporte route),this joins the linderats runs into the bowl.

For way back either use same route or use road from bowl through goat village and past lake (stop to have beer ????) there is also passporte trail that turns off the road and eventually follows river into morzine, the trails map shows all of this. It's same route of you want to go to Chatel or up mossettes.

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 5:42 Quote
Hey guys,

I am going to be driving from Aberdeen, Scotland to Venosc (Les Deux Alpes) on the 31st of May/1st of June. I have space for 2 people plus luggage (and a bike if you need), and ideally want to car share to split fuel/ferry/toll costs.

I can pick up from anywhere in the UK (within reason) and drop off in Morzine/Les Gets or most resorts on the way to Les Deux Alpes (again within reason).

Please get in contact if you are interested and spread the word to anyone who I may be able to help

Rob

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 5:47 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
toddyf12 wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:

Didn't get to Airvoltage, but scared myself on Airline, hit everything apart from the ridiculous drop haha
thats the same with me on airline, that drop is ridiculous, and now im also on an enduro bike so i dont know if ill be able to do it this year

I saw it done on a Nomad! Its all down to the rider not the bike lol
Late, but I did it on my trek slash. Would have preffered any extra travel I could get, but it wasn't horrific on the 160mm travel bike!

Enduro bikes are perfectly fine for all of the portes du soleil. On tracks with a lot of braking bumps you're best to pick your lines on the outside/inside of the main line, but otherwise there's nothing that NEEDS a downhill bike

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 7:13 Quote
bobj wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:
toddyf12 wrote:

thats the same with me on airline, that drop is ridiculous, and now im also on an enduro bike so i dont know if ill be able to do it this year

I saw it done on a Nomad! Its all down to the rider not the bike lol
Late, but I did it on my trek slash. Would have preffered any extra travel I could get, but it wasn't horrific on the 160mm travel bike!

Enduro bikes are perfectly fine for all of the portes du soleil. On tracks with a lot of braking bumps you're best to pick your lines on the outside/inside of the main line, but otherwise there's nothing that NEEDS a downhill bike

ive been over few times but never on a dh bike and its been fine. Out this time on my whyte t130, looking forward to seeing how rough itll be on that

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 7:29 Quote
The thing is, if you are making the effort to go away to Morzine, its most likely to ride full on downhill trails, that test your ability and that are like nothing you can find in the UK.

I have both a 160mm Nomad and a 200mm V10, and on 90% of the steeper, more rooty, technical, rocky trails its the best by miles, the nomad will deal with the abuse but it certainly restricts your speed and give much less margin for error.

160 will work but that is what the UK is made for, a full DH rig will be a game changer if you have not used one before and it will also be much easier and enjoyable on the body allowing more riding and more fun.

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
Yea I definitely won't be taking my norco sight, so much more fun on a big rig your only ever gunna go down so do it in style Wink ...
Is this new line they are building on plenny the new red form last year?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015777
Mobile Version of Website