The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 4:45 Quote
Mea03pj wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:
Has anyone hit the big Scott drop on the Face in chatel bike park? Been eyeing it up, but having not seen someone do it, I'm wary of getting the speed wrong!
If you can ride the mont chery airline at les Gets then you'll be fine Wink

Funny that you mention the airline as that was yesterday's achievement... Looks like I'm running out of excuses!

All the videos I've seen suggest you start on the mound behind it and put in 3 or 4 pedal strokes... Fingers crossed!

Just make sure to video it!

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 5:15 Quote
Hi there!
Does anyone want to sell a season lift pass at the begining of August for 100 euros?

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 13:42 Quote
Mea03pj wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:
Has anyone hit the big Scott drop on the Face in chatel bike park? Been eyeing it up, but having not seen someone do it, I'm wary of getting the speed wrong!

Funny that you mention the airline as that was yesterday's achievement... Looks like I'm running out of excuses!

All the videos I've seen suggest you start on the mound behind it and put in 3 or 4 pedal strokes... Fingers crossed!

Anyone else think the disconnected northshore is super dangerous with the current take off? Either the take off needs altering or a few planks of wood removed but i almost had an OTB last week!

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 0:08 Quote
What is wrong with Morgins this year? Will it be open?

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 0:36 Quote
ride2hell wrote:

According to friends in Chatel who I spoke to last week the lift company has financial difficulties and they need a LOT of money to replace the lift cable... so at the moment nobody has any idea when the lift will next be operational!

Edit - found some info!

http://www.telemorgins.ch/en.html

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 9:45 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

Video to follow, but thanks for the words of encouragement!

photo

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
desman75 wrote:
ride2hell wrote:

According to friends in Chatel who I spoke to last week the lift company has financial difficulties and they need a LOT of money to replace the lift cable... so at the moment nobody has any idea when the lift will next be operational!

Edit - found some info!

http://www.telemorgins.ch/en.html

Hope they will find money soon!

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
Mea03pj wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:

photo

Fair f*cks man! How was it?

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 3:57 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:

Surprisingly smooth actually. I went two pedal strokes each leg in a tough gear and sent it perfectly. I was fully sh1tting my pants up there and there was a bit of wind for good measure, but the key for me was not looking at it from the bottom. Looking back up to the take off after, I'm not sure I would have done it seeing it from the landing!

My buddy stitched this together from some hasty iPhone shots (I didn't give him any warning that I was dropping, and only hit it once!), and its the best I'll get if I don't get up there again next year with an SLR:
photo

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
Mea03pj wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:

Surprisingly smooth actually. I went two pedal strokes each leg in a tough gear and sent it perfectly. I was fully sh1tting my pants up there and there was a bit of wind for good measure, but the key for me was not looking at it from the bottom. Looking back up to the take off after, I'm not sure I would have done it seeing it from the landing!

My buddy stitched this together from some hasty iPhone shots (I didn't give him any warning that I was dropping, and only hit it once!), and its the best I'll get if I don't get up there again next year with an SLR:
photo

Well fair f*cks to you man, Its on my hit list for sure, next year for sure! Did you hit the jump after?

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 10:00 Quote

Chatel Airvoltage, getting a bit loose off the first drop :/ but sick to get a top to bottom run of it!

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 23:19 Quote
Some mad cheep last minute deals for end July and August on MTBBEDS website chaps, have a look. Also throwing in a free bike service for the person who's card is used to book.

www.mtbbeds.com

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 3:16 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:

Well fair f*cks to you man, Its on my hit list for sure, next year for sure! Did you hit the jump after?

Good man, don't let the closed signs on the way over freak you out...

I didn't hit the jump after. You've plenty of time to stop before it if you don't fancy it.

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
Mea03pj wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:
Mea03pj wrote:

Good man, don't let the closed signs on the way over freak you out...

I didn't hit the jump after. You've plenty of time to stop before it if you don't fancy it.

Oh okay, no it wasn't the closed signs, i actually went over and looked at it, but it looked like you had to hit the jump after which i didn't want to do, and also the fact i was wearing a vest and not much in the way of armour ahah

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 0:41 Quote
Driving out to morzine tonight (short straw taking everyone's bikes and gear with 2 others) the weather looks terrible at the minute!!!! Hoping it changes, been praying for a dry year, looks like it wont be

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026013
Mobile Version of Website