The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 5:42 Quote
Jimfunn wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
I know this probably isn't the right forum but I thought I would get a great cross section of riders and places.

I am planning to NOT go to Morzine next year (many different factors, time, money, company etc) but instead will use the 6 week summer holiday (I'm a teacher) to tour the UK's best riding areas. Looking for a mixture of everything DH to fireroads, berms to drops, flow to tech etc.

I am based in Northampton which is pretty much the middle of England so fairly flexible on distance. I would probably do a day here and there across the whole 6 weeks.

If I was to hit the top 10 best areas in the UK where should I go?

Check Pearce Cycles website for their uplift days too. Proper race tracks, mostly all natural & plenty of bike time. Try & get on their day(s) at Ryd Y Fellin (bala) if you can - 5 mins past Revs so could do a double-header. Best tracks in UK IMO
Or try WDMBA for Rheola and Mountain Ash

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
marcusd09 wrote:
bouncinggav wrote:
Dyfi bikepark will be open soon too

I think you need a jet pack for that place ????

Ye some big jumps. But he has made some smaller lines. The natural tracks are steep and very technical. I have had the nets catch me a few times .

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
Anyone know where this track is ?
Quelqu'un sait où cette piste est?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGdpqKe-NoQ

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
plplplplplplplplplplplp wrote:

It looks like the off piste track down the side of chavannes main line. I might be wrong, just a guess.

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 12:21 Quote
not chavanns, too steep. Looks more like off piste on super morzine but dont recognise the road it drops out on at end. It might be the race track that brings you out down bottom of les gets next the 4x4 ofroad track, we hut at end looks bit like down there.

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
Think les Gets on the heading is a clue ! I would guess somewhere up mont chery !

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 5:35 Quote
My 10 year old says its 100% on Mt Cherry, as he has ridden it couple of times.

He also says its steeper than it looks in the video...

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 7:31 Quote
bigstudent wrote:

Yo , do you know where exactly it is on Mont Cherry.

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
bigstudent wrote:

Yo , do you know where exactly it is on Mont Cherry.

It's a not so secret secret track. Been there for many years now. If you know, you know Wink

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 6:52 Quote
P2v is a very fun track. Ride it most years.

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 2:31 Quote
Lads has anybody ever shipped a bike over before flying using a courier? Got a qoute there using a bike box dimensions I found on here and set the weight at 25kg and for 3 day delivery it was as low as £14.

That's a big difference from the €60 each way with Aer Lingus on top of €200+ flights

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 2:35 Quote
Be careful, in case of shipping delay you can loose few days of riding

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 8:01 Quote
Roguee wrote:
Lads has anybody ever shipped a bike over before flying using a courier? Got a qoute there using a bike box dimensions I found on here and set the weight at 25kg and for 3 day delivery it was as low as £14.

That's a big difference from the €60 each way with Aer Lingus on top of €200+ flights
WTF is up with Ireland and shipping, just checked crc and shipping for whole bike is less than 10gbp. I can guarantee you that shipping back will be way more expensive Big Grin

Posted: Dec 31, 2017 at 7:12 Quote
Roguee wrote:

Youd really want it to arrive in advance and have a shipping address to go..last year I ordered a French sim and postal vote (for referendum)..neither of which arrived ! I have bought bits n bobs from CRC, etc ok though..also the cheap couriers dont insure much as standard..it may cost a bit to insure it for £3k +

So getting it couriered maybe an ok idea... Aer Lingus sounds bit of a rip off though..you can fly from London often about £70 return.

I'm just doing another Las Vegas trip this spring with my bike and some take it for free which is cool Smile

Posted: Jan 1, 2018 at 1:59 Quote
Arrrh so brexit was your fault ! Lol
A mate once brought back a Mx engine in his hand luggage bag , halfway through the flight oil started to drip on some geezers head ! It caused a right cufaffle ! Anyway I’d rather just pay the extra and know the bike will be with you ! Driving is the best and road trip always entertaining Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014251
Mobile Version of Website