The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: May 14, 2018 at 2:17 Quote
cool thanks fellas!!

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 14:58 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
Pennyrisk wrote:
What's it like getting over to Chatel from Morzine? How long does it take?
you've to go up super morzine and zore lifts first. there can be quite a queue there first thing in morning, then 30 mins will have you down in linderattes bowl then take the lift up to top chatel bike park. I'd say about an hour total. there was a new lift being built that runs from bottom of blue trail up to avoriaz. if its running this year for bikes it will cut out the push on way up and make it easy to get to mossetts lift too for switzerland Smile

I’m lost here. What is this new lift you are talking of?

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 1:59 Quote
iamsharpy wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:
Pennyrisk wrote:
you've to go up super morzine and zore lifts first. there can be quite a queue there first thing in morning, then 30 mins will have you down in linderattes bowl then take the lift up to top chatel bike park. I'd say about an hour total. there was a new lift being built that runs from bottom of blue trail up to avoriaz. if its running this year for bikes it will cut out the push on way up and make it easy to get to mossetts lift too for switzerland Smile

down bottom of blue trail on way from zore to avoriaz, was building last year. Remember thinking it would link to top of avoriaz or maybe it was another lift that just wasn't running trying to remember back

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 7:47 Quote
Has anyone been out with young children? Looking to get a babysitter or a nanny for a couple of days here and there and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Going for three weeks in July / August and definitely need a couple of full days to explore!

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 8:39 Quote
bighitter wrote:
Has anyone been out with young children? Looking to get a babysitter or a nanny for a couple of days here and there and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Going for three weeks in July / August and definitely need a couple of full days to explore!
My daughter who is now nearly 3 has been twice.
We went with another couple with their little boy. What we did was me and the other dad went out first thing then we would swap at lunch time.
So sorry can't help with babysitters.
Last year I took my daughter down the 2 blue runs on the Pleney in her trailer on the back of my bike. She loved it, but she has done a lot of miles in it over here.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 11:23 Quote
If we knew some other couples into riding with young kids that is totally what we would do! The trailer is a good idea though. Our eldest is two and a half and I’m sure she would love it! I’ll maybe look into hiring one out there if I can!

As it is I think I’ll go out in the mornings and my wife will go out in the afternoons but still fancy a few days on the bike together so we can explore a little further afield!

O+
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 0:55 Quote
anyone know the opening dates for all the lifts in the area?

any new stuff on super Morzine?

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 2:56 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:

https://www.morznet.com/lifts/summer-dates

only new track I have heard is the French DH track on pleney, i have also seen on IG that super Morzine big table has got bigger!!

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
bighitter wrote:

There are quite a few nanny companies operating in the winter, and some of those do the summer too. Cheeky Monkeys, Jack Frosts to name a couple.

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 13:50 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:

only new track I have heard is the French DH track on pleney, i have also seen on IG that super Morzine big table has got bigger!!

No new tracks on super this year. Making changes to existing tracks to improve them, carrying on with maintenance and clearing all the trees that fell down over winter! The big table hasn't been touched since we enlarged the landing at the start of the season last year.

Les Gets is open weekends at the moment.

Pleney opens 9th June

Les Gets 16th June

Avoriaz 21st June

Champery open weekends at the moment then probably full time from Pass'Portes onwards

O+
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 1:27 Quote
iamsharpy wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
deadpool2e wrote:

No new tracks on super this year. Making changes to existing tracks to improve them, carrying on with maintenance and clearing all the trees that fell down over winter! The big table hasn't been touched since we enlarged the landing at the start of the season last year.

Les Gets is open weekends at the moment.

Pleney opens 9th June

Les Gets 16th June

Avoriaz 21st June

Champery open weekends at the moment then probably full time from Pass'Portes onwards

Thank you Smile cannot wait

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
Pennyrisk wrote:

Unlike morzine n less gets you will be a bit further from bike shops so take spares. ..there are a couple of tents/vans by chatel trails though.

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 13:12 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
iamsharpy wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

down bottom of blue trail on way from zore to avoriaz, was building last year. Remember thinking it would link to top of avoriaz or maybe it was another lift that just wasn't running trying to remember back
Serrasoix lift is at bottom of solent green and stand high patrol...prodains lift goes other direction to avoriaz...runs in summer but not sure if u can put bikes on.... I think so

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
andydd wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:
iamsharpy wrote:

Serrasoix lift is at bottom of solent green and stand high patrol...prodains lift goes other direction to avoriaz...runs in summer but not sure if u can put bikes on.... I think so

not the prodans, that's down in valley. think its prolocu, would link from serrasoix straight to top avoriaz if was running..

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 4:30 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
andydd wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

not the prodans, that's down in valley. think its prolocu, would link from serrasoix straight to top avoriaz if was running..

Looking at map..Prodains is near but I think if you go that way..youll fall off a cliff

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017117
Mobile Version of Website