The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
We’ve booked morzine again this year but one thing is bothering me , what will a no deal brexit mean to the British company and reps that we booked with ie mtb beds ? Don’t suppose anyone will know but worth a shout as lots will be in the same situ !

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
We’ve booked morzine again this year but one thing is bothering me , what will a no deal brexit mean to the British company and reps that we booked with ie mtb beds ? Don’t suppose anyone will know but worth a shout as lots will be in the same situ !

They'll be forced to talk in French to you, thats Brexit man.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
stokedandbroke wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

They'll be forced to talk in French to you, thats Brexit man.
Brexit means brexit.

(as a disclaimer I am against the idea of brexit)

Tbh, I don't think there will be much change. I did wonder about this as my brother lives in Norway and does something similar (Check out anyexcusetoride). However, because the business is registered over in Norway I assume it shouldn't make a difference. I'd imagine it'd be the same in France / Wherever (Just guessing here though)

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:

Fear not dude we have a fully French registered subsidiary company, we are also covered by the Travel Vault for Financial Failure Protection, meaning if the very worst did happen and the business was in anyway majorly effected every single client's money is 100% safe and will be refunded.

We also have an Italian branch for our Finale Ligure and Aosta holidays, all this comes at a big cost but it protects the business and our clients and keeps the two wheels spinning.

Also keep your eye on the GBP - EUR exchange rate, it's the highest it has been in two months at current, support for the PM from the DUP has boosted it and we think it will creep up even more before the vote on the 29th March with no deal looking unlikely. However, it is still possible. It could be worth buying 50% of your Euro's for your trip soon to protect against a drop if the worst happens. Or risk it and maybe get an even better rate after the 29th March.

If you have any questions ask on here or drop us an email info@mtbbeds.com and we will try to answer you asap.

#Onepedalahead

Cheers

Rich

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
A lesson to everybody out there; this how switched on you have to be to run a successful outfit
Iike MTB. It's not Just dudes into bikes offering accomadation it takes real bussiness acumen to pull off what these guys are doing. Bravo boys, you're the nuts!!!!

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
mtb-beds wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

Fear not dude we have a fully French registered subsidiary company, we are also covered by the Travel Vault for Financial Failure Protection, meaning if the very worst did happen and the business was in anyway majorly effected every single client's money is 100% safe and will be refunded.

We also have an Italian branch for our Finale Ligure and Aosta holidays, all this comes at a big cost but it protects the business and our clients and keeps the two wheels spinning.

Also keep your eye on the GBP - EUR exchange rate, it's the highest it has been in two months at current, support for the PM from the DUP has boosted it and we think it will creep up even more before the vote on the 29th March with no deal looking unlikely. However, it is still possible. It could be worth buying 50% of your Euro's for your trip soon to protect against a drop if the worst happens. Or risk it and maybe get an even better rate after the 29th March.

If you have any questions ask on here or drop us an email info@mtbbeds.com and we will try to answer you asap.

#Onepedalahead

Cheers

Rich

Its worth setting up a Transferwise bank account and adding money to the account when the rate is good (it sets up virtual bank accounts in dollars, euros, etc)..ive been doing this for my forthcoming US/Vegas bike trip and also some Euros as no doubt Ill be back in Morzine for the summer....rate is ok at the mo but could either get a lot better or worse..depending on how much May cocks things up Smile

Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
If she goes to form , it’ll get worse lol . Aaaaarrrrrrr !

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 2:55 Quote
I am looking to do the Passportes Du Soleil, but I cant do it when it is on in June, I can get out in July/August this year, but i cant find a detailed route anywhere, I can see big maps but im after a trailforks/strava or equivalent that i can follow. Does anyone have a link or know where i can find one? Or have a link to an old PPDS route?

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
I am looking to do the Passportes Du Soleil, but I cant do it when it is on in June, I can get out in July/August this year, but i cant find a detailed route anywhere, I can see big maps but im after a trailforks/strava or equivalent that i can follow. Does anyone have a link or know where i can find one? Or have a link to an old PPDS route?

It always used to be well sign posted

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
thedad71 wrote:

It have signs and typically avoid all jump and difficult lines, fireroad up and down

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 4:37 Quote
If you can't wait to ride enduro or downhill before summer comes to your country come to Gran Canaria, our "miniature continent", direct flights from Europe in 3-4 hours flight. Gran Canaria in volcanic origin island, its highest mountain is 1958 meters above sea level and there around are some trails that go down in different technical levels. we can not say its for beginner because a beginner can have some struggling riding journeys. Media temperature of the year is around 23-24 degrees Celsius and average rain can be four weeks in a year (it doesn't mean in the hole Island). If you continue interested to ride in the island we live and work i leave you our links @DhGuideCanarias for social media and www.downhilldays.com our webpage.

cheers

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
Well I'm booked 8th - 18th July! Hopefully it will be as dry as last year when I had an unheard of 10 days of dust & sun. The Les Gets uci dh race falls on the 14th or so. I cant find any info about this, tickets, prices etc. Or just jump on the lift & go spectate?

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
Hi ppl been offered a dakine 120L split roller case by a mate for penny's was wondering if it's big enuf to use as my luggage for a week's trip I've got a evoc bike bag aswell I can put some stuff in. Thanks

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
Are you seriously asking what size suitcase you will need to carry your clothes for week holiday ? Ask your mum Wink

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
Ok ........ 7x pairs of pants : 7x pairs of socks ; 2/3 pairs jeans/shorts ; 5 /6 t’s/shirts ; hoddie ; bath bag ( forget condoms , no chics in morzine ) ; cap ; flipflops and trainers ; summer jacket to be safe ; all riding kit ; GoPro ; no tools or spares just borrow mates ! You should be fine with that bag !
Don’t forget your toothbrush / passport

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021500
Mobile Version of Website