The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 4:27 Quote
120L would carry enough kit for a season! What's your weight allowance though?

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Well I'm booked 8th - 18th July! Hopefully it will be as dry as last year when I had an unheard of 10 days of dust & sun. The Les Gets uci dh race falls on the 14th or so. I cant find any info about this, tickets, prices etc. Or just jump on the lift & go spectate?

It will be just turn up and spectate...I thought they are gonna use the crankworx/ixs track on months cherry ..the finish line/spectator area is a bit tight/steep....but if it's over the road on chavvanes then there is plenty of room at bottom

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
I will be in the area for the Les Gets uci WC DH , looking online I cannot find a single place to stay that is not fully booked. Not being a local, I really have no idea of how to get a room for july 12-14th. Anyone have any tips on finding a room?

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
rtjames wrote:
I will be in the area for the Les Gets uci WC DH , looking online I cannot find a single place to stay that is not fully booked. Not being a local, I really have no idea of how to get a room for july 12-14th. Anyone have any tips on finding a room?
have you just looked in les gets or in Morzine, Avoriaz etc as well?

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
the Harley days is on in morzine that weekend so will be fully booked by now..

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
I have just looked in les gets,. I will look around some of the surrounding cities. Without a car though we will be getting shuttles or taxis to and from the venue.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
If you do anything this summer, i urge you to get to Morgins, the place is sick!

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
If you do anything this summer, i urge you to get to Morgins, the place is sick!

Awesome riding but the apology wasn't enough for the break mate! ;-)

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
rtjames wrote:
I have just looked in les gets,. I will look around some of the surrounding cities. Without a car though we will be getting shuttles or taxis to and from the venue.
If you find somewhere in Morzine you should be fine getting there and back on your bike if you get the last lift to the top of the hill.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
Thanks for the help guys and the suggestions on looking in bordering towns. I ended up getting a place for a good price in Saint-Jean-d'Aulps. I should be able to take a 30 min bus ride to Les Gets and be there for the WC! Woohoo!

If any of you guys have questions for the world cup this year in the US (Snowshoe) hit me up!

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
rtjames wrote:
Thanks for the help guys and the suggestions on looking in bordering towns. I ended up getting a place for a good price in Saint-Jean-d'Aulps. I should be able to take a 30 min bus ride to Les Gets and be there for the WC! Woohoo!

If any of you guys have questions for the world cup this year in the US (Snowshoe) hit me up!

Cool..SJD is a nice quiet town..the big Carrefour supermarket is near and there is a trail that follows the river into Morzine...it's slightly up hill...according to the lift map there is a lift n DH trail in town that runs on certain days although details seem sketchy.

All the other towns Morzine, Les gets, avoriaz and even Chatel are easily linked together..you just don't want to get stuck at the bottom if a lift shuts. If you have s bike..just rude from SJD into Morzine then lift up plenty n ride to led gets..if no bike then yes there is bus into Morzine then Les gets..just check times.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 4:07 Quote
Got a question about transport in the area. Does anyone know which is the best way to get from Les Gets to Alpe d'Huez without hiring a van/car? Not yet old enough to hire one so I've been looking at trains from Cluses to Grenoble but any other ideas are welcome. Any transfer service recommendations would also be appreciated Smile

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
We used a private transfer from Geneva to Allemond (lower part of alp d huez riding area), but it was very expensive, around 300 EUR for a van.

If I were alone I'd indeed use a train to grenoble + a bus to bourg d oisans, maybe with a transfer from les gets to geneva first.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
Try Skiidy Gonzales or Alpy Bus for transfers.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 6:36 Quote
Skiidy are great but avoid alpybus. I've consistently heard a lot about them not showing up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014393
Mobile Version of Website