The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
Sweet thanks a bunch! Do ya know if you can take bikes on trains in the area?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 0:13 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Skiidy are great but avoid alpybus. I've consistently heard a lot about them not showing up.

Id disagree..always used them and never had any issues..even rescheduled when flight delayed..know a few of the drivers too (although my comments are not based on that) and all great guys.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
gabbykiri wrote:
Sweet thanks a bunch! Do ya know if you can take bikes on trains in the area?

Good question..Ive taken my bike bag on a train from Geneva airport to the main town..they are quite big double decker trains so prob quite a bit of room for a bike but dont know official stance.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
I am looking to do the Passportes Du Soleil, but I cant do it when it is on in June, I can get out in July/August this year, but i cant find a detailed route anywhere, I can see big maps but im after a trailforks/strava or equivalent that i can follow. Does anyone have a link or know where i can find one? Or have a link to an old PPDS route?

It always used to be well sign posted

Not sure about that..there are little VTT signs but not always obvious....the main map shows the PDS route but there are lots of variations...

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 0:18 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Well I'm booked 8th - 18th July! Hopefully it will be as dry as last year when I had an unheard of 10 days of dust & sun. The Les Gets uci dh race falls on the 14th or so. I cant find any info about this, tickets, prices etc. Or just jump on the lift & go spectate?

It will all be free..just turn up..I think the track will be the same as the crankwork/IXS one down Mont Chery..bit of a steep/awkward bottom section to spectate if thats o..of course the bottom bit of Les Chavanes opposite (where they did Crankworx) has plenty of room.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 17:43 Quote
I know its last minute but where are people staying (those that are going) Ill be in the area and and looking for a place to crash.

For those staying outside Les Gets how are you getting into town

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
mazy123 wrote:
I know its last minute but where are people staying (those that are going) Ill be in the area and and looking for a place to crash.

For those staying outside Les Gets how are you getting into town

I've got room rented for the summer...I expect ppl will ride to les gets...it's rideable from morzine (from top of pleney)...there are buses too but not that regular

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
Any new trails/updates this year? Looks like they made some changes on the Chavannes Red in Les Gets.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
im staying with some mates about an hours south of morzine (les contamines). Got a day trip planned for morzine area, if you only had one day to ride that area where would u ride (e.g. super morzine, plenney, les gets etc.). while im asking anyone know any other good riding spot an hour south of morzine?
cheers
Ben

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 0:42 Quote
Personally I think pleney, les gets & supermorzine would have you well covered.
Having said that my most enjoyable ride last year was when I went to morgins for the day.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 3:20 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Personally I think pleney, les gets & supermorzine would have you well covered.
Having said that my most enjoyable ride last year was when I went to morgins for the day.

You'd be hard pushed to ride ALL of Morzine/Les Gets so hard to think of a reason to travel further unless you want some more XC/Enduro days out.

Personally I like the trip Super M/Lindarets/Mossetts (Swiss)/Chatel (optional)/Lindarets Bowl/Goat Village/Lake/Montriond....its only half a day.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
Yes, what Andy said.
Les Gets is a trek from Morzine, not a huge one, but wasted time if you only had a day.

I'd head up to Supermorzine, few runs there to warm up, then carry on over the hill to Chatel. Its awesome there. have some lunch. few more runs (make sure you ride down the Vink line whatever your ability - Huge!!!, but all rollable), then head back over for a warm down on Supermorzine. If you are feeling adventurous, take the black back down under the bubble, or the road is fun, but bit of a pedal at the bottom. Few beers in the bar on the roundabout center of town.

If Carlesberg did days out......

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
im staying with some mates about an hours south of morzine (les contamines). Got a day trip planned for morzine area, if you only had one day to ride that area where would u ride (e.g. super morzine, plenney, les gets etc.). while im asking anyone know any other good riding spot an hour south of morzine?
cheers
Ben
10 runs of pleney, few beers n dirty burger for lunch and chill on top of super morzine which has hattock, tutti fruiti, cap Canaveral and can ride the black or off piste back down No need to go any further as you'll just waste time in a day..

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
How can you say “les gets is a trek from morzine” then recommend Chatel ? It’s about 3x further , but well worth it ! You could just do a morning riding pleny side then super morzine side in the afternoon. Chatel is good but not if you only have one day !

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
Can anyone get hold of Fergus from mtb beds , been trying to get some hire bikes in 3weeks but no call back or email response ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016474
Mobile Version of Website