The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 22:11 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
How can you say “les gets is a trek from morzine” then recommend Chatel ? It’s about 3x further , but well worth it ! You could just do a morning riding pleny side then super morzine side in the afternoon. Chatel is good but not if you only have one day !

I thought he mis typed n meant morgin ?

Lea gets is like 10 mins away...there are great DH trails between the 2

Andy

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Has anyone here travelled by train from London? I was thinking of getting a cheap bike bag for the trip, can I use that as normal luggage from London to Paris (the Eurostar site isn't clear and it looks like I'd have to book it with eurodispatch).

From reading the TGV site it looks like a bike in a bag is normal luggage for the 2nd part from Paris to Geneva.

I was thinking about going at the end of August what's the scene like then?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Has anyone here travelled by train from London? I was thinking of getting a cheap bike bag for the trip, can I use that as normal luggage from London to Paris (the Eurostar site isn't clear and it looks like I'd have to book it with eurodispatch).

From reading the TGV site it looks like a bike in a bag is normal luggage for the 2nd part from Paris to Geneva.

I was thinking about going at the end of August what's the scene like then?

Most lifts shut last weekend in august.. Some stay open longer mostly at weekends..

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
I looked at it briefly by train but looks real pain..u have to transfer between stations in Paris n think you'd end in cluses where ud have to get bus or sort out transfer...I've travelled a lot with bike bag and even with wheels they get heavy. From London area at least it's far easier n cheaper to fly

Most lifts shut end of August..a few keep going first week September. No point staying behind that.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 21:26 Quote
All the websites I looked at had the lifts shutting 7th September. It was a long shot about going anyway as that was my only free week with work

FWIW if you do consider going by train it came to around £150 (to Geneva) if you book with sncf. Interestingly if you book with them you can take your bike for free the whole journey. If you book with Eurostar you have to pay £40 e/w for the bike (for the london to Paris part).

The total journey time was 7hrs so definitley worth a look if you're on a budget as Easyjet will charge £120 for luggage/bike then you have whatever you can get the flights for on top

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 5:57 Quote
Lift times are here > https://www.morznet.com/lifts/summer-dates

Pleney (Morzine) and Les Gets close on 6th/8th Sep... so theres plenty of fun to be had..and if Pleney is open its easy to get to LG (DH all the way).

Alas Super M opposite closes on 1st.. Frown

Whilst train does sound fun..personally Id pay the extra (if any) and fly, bikes are £45 each way..you should be able to get away with just a cabin size bag (get a big packpack).

Flights prices are cheapish at end of aug/sep.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Hi everyone. Wanting to visit Tignes for a day from Morzine this year and was wondering where you actually head to. What's the town or the name of the main lift? Also, is it actually free, or do you need some kind of activity card? Anything else we should know about? Cheers.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 5:57 Quote
Tignes le lac is where you head for. Go to the tourist information and get a band from there and you’re good to go. Bit of a long way to go for a day from morzine though?

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Tignes le lac is where you head for. Go to the tourist information and get a band from there and you’re good to go. Bit of a long way to go for a day from morzine though?


Cheers buddy. Yeah, I just simplified the request. Actually leaving breaking into the Morzine visit for a few days camping in Les Arc and visiting Tignes from there. Seemed a bit long winded to put it all in. Thanks again.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
huw169 wrote:
Yes, what Andy said.
Les Gets is a trek from Morzine, not a huge one, but wasted time if you only had a day.

I'd head up to Supermorzine, few runs there to warm up, then carry on over the hill to Chatel. Its awesome there. have some lunch. few more runs (make sure you ride down the Vink line whatever your ability - Huge!!!, but all rollable), then head back over for a warm down on Supermorzine. If you are feeling adventurous, take the black back down under the bubble, or the road is fun, but bit of a pedal at the bottom. Few beers in the bar on the roundabout center of town.

If Carlesberg did days out......

This guy knows Wink

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
Is there any official reason the black under the Super Morz Cabin lift (lower lift) is closed? Last year there was a barrier across the head of the trail, which admittedly didn't stop me or anyone from going down. It is designated as closed on Trailforks also.
It's one of my favourites and serves as a great run to really finish you off before the end of day beers!
Heading out in 2 weeks and I'm so buzzing!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Is there any official reason the black under the Super Morz Cabin lift (lower lift) is closed? Last year there was a barrier across the head of the trail, which admittedly didn't stop me or anyone from going down. It is designated as closed on Trailforks also.
It's one of my favourites and serves as a great run to really finish you off before the end of day beers!
Heading out in 2 weeks and I'm so buzzing!

Probably weather conditions or maintenance, I believe this is unofficial trail, trail is nice!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Rode it yesterday, it's absolutely shagged. Was a lot of fun last summer but I wouldn't bother with it now.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
2 years ago it was a rut fest

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
Ruffer the better lol , it’s the maddest 4x slalom track going , grate fun !


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.015107
Mobile Version of Website