The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
David84 wrote:
huw169 wrote:
Yes, what Andy said.
Les Gets is a trek from Morzine, not a huge one, but wasted time if you only had a day.

I'd head up to Supermorzine, few runs there to warm up, then carry on over the hill to Chatel. Its awesome there. have some lunch. few more runs (make sure you ride down the Vink line whatever your ability - Huge!!!, but all rollable), then head back over for a warm down on Supermorzine. If you are feeling adventurous, take the black back down under the bubble, or the road is fun, but bit of a pedal at the bottom. Few beers in the bar on the roundabout center of town.

If Carlesberg did days out......

This guy knows Wink

Id disagree..LG is really quick and easy to get to and from Morzine....and deff worth it if only there for a day.

Some people have odd ideas though..last year I met a couple asking me the way to Morgin from top of Super M, this was the afternoon and the sky had some rather dark looking clouds...YOU DO NOT want to head over to Chatel or further field if the weather looks iffy and the lifts may close..you can find yourselves seriously stuck.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
The important question while staying in Morzine is where to go for food now Mamma’s is closed? Anywhere else on par with this gem?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Drop and email dude - info@mtbbeds.com

Matt115lamb wrote:
Can anyone get hold of Fergus from mtb beds , been trying to get some hire bikes in 3weeks but no call back or email response ?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
O'chalet, Cuisine 22, Bec Jaun, Latele for steak .

carrot-cruncher wrote:
The important question while staying in Morzine is where to go for food now Mamma’s is closed? Anywhere else on par with this gem?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Hideout is amazing for food. If they're doing it again this year get the bang bang broccoli it's unreal. The Bec is great too.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
carrot-cruncher wrote:
Mamma's is closed?! Frown

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
carrot-cruncher wrote:

Auberagade and Sherpa both do bring your own meat BBQ nights..great cheap eves out.

Chez Perysl is great for pizza and Shafty has a lil shack too for various late night snacks.

Mammas closed is surprise to me too.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
Supermorzine, pub in the middle - best burgers with beer in the middle of the ride, lte works there as well; at the bottom local market + kitchen your best friends

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 6:30 Quote
Just back from my week in Morz.
Dusty as fuuuck. We had no rain. The Harley Days event was on which meant there were 10000 fat OAP's walking around in leather and denim. Music events were great but getting through town was a bit of a bitch. Not to mention the beer and food price was put up a bit for the event.
Mamma's is not closed. It has been rebranded and had new menu. The food is still awesome. Would recommend the chicken burger and pizzas.
The rules at Geneva airport have changed for airport pick ups and you now have to walk all the way down one end of the airport to the car parks for your pick up so get a trolley as soon as you get your luggage! We had a really shite time dragging our luggage without one!

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 6:56 Quote
Yeah I just got back too. New Mommas is sound.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Just back from my week in Morz.
Dusty as fuuuck. We had no rain. The Harley Days event was on which meant there were 10000 fat OAP's walking around in leather and denim. Music events were great but getting through town was a bit of a bitch. Not to mention the beer and food price was put up a bit for the event.
Mamma's is not closed. It has been rebranded and had new menu. The food is still awesome. Would recommend the chicken burger and pizzas.
The rules at Geneva airport have changed for airport pick ups and you now have to walk all the way down one end of the airport to the car parks for your pick up so get a trolleyas soon as you get your luggage! We had a really white time dragging our luggage without one!

Well Alpy has moved..a couple of other are still in he same place..Alpy, another associated one and Easybus are now on the far right.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 5:35 Quote
Yep. Just home from Morzine myself.
1000's of harleys there this year due to an event next month being cancelled, so they all turned up at Morzine apparently.

Proper dusty. Mate of mine got some in his eye, rubbed it and cut his cornea on first day. Game over.

Chatel river gap has been changed. Boooo. Looks easier now as it will kick you up. Also looks shorter, and less landing area. Tables leading in been leveled too...

Great few days! Roll on next year!

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
huw169 wrote:
Chatel river gap has been changed. Boooo. Looks easier now as it will kick you up. Also looks shorter, and less landing area. Tables leading in been leveled too...

Nooo thats sucks, I am looking forward to going back.
Done it when I was 10, but wasn't able to go back earlier Frown

Any new pics/vids of the gap? Thanks

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Milan-DH wrote:
huw169 wrote:

Nooo thats sucks, I am looking forward to going back.
Done it when I was 10, but wasn't able to go back earlier Frown

Any new pics/vids of the gap? Thanks

It's currently still being rebuilt.
Go to Zougoulakata if you want to send a tasty river gap tup

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:43 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
It's currently still being rebuilt.
Go to Zougoulakata if you want to send a tasty river gap tup

Ah ok, thanks.
Not sure on that one, will have a look as only seen it on video, but that looks fairly big. Confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012582
Mobile Version of Website