The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 9:58 Quote

Here's this year's Morzine (and Mega/Alpe D'Huez) edit...

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
Going in a couple days for a budget week - can anyone suggest camping spots in Morzine?

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Camping Les Marmottes wasn't too bad if you're in a tent but it's a little way out of town. If you're staying in a van then I think you may be okay still in the supermarket carpark. If not, I saw quite a few campers parked under the Zore lift.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
Hey dude,

Why do you ask?Is it be because we could only take MTB Beds clients in 2019?

Well for 2020 we now have our full European transport licence and can take all members of the public. Super stoke for this, hope you are to!

DB03 wrote:
Apart from mtb beds, does anyone know of any other companies running day trips to Pila?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
I've booked up for 2020 for my first ever trip. Flying with easy jet and staying with MTB-Beds from 8-22 August

Easyjet came out to £250 as i fell for the trap of half booking the schedule a few days before (came to £210) but, the price isn't that bad considering its the bike and a 23kg bag x2

I'm looking forward to possibly meeting a few people and boring the thread with random questions Big Grin

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
cains08 wrote:
Camping Les Marmottes wasn't too bad if you're in a tent but it's a little way out of town. If you're staying in a van then I think you may be okay still in the supermarket carpark. If not, I saw quite a few campers parked under the Zore lift.

Our transfer van picked up Peaty and family from there so its alright for Pros Smile

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
I've booked up for 2020 for my first ever trip. Flying with easy jet and staying with MTB-Beds from 8-22 August

Easyjet came out to £250 as i fell for the trap of half booking the schedule a few days before (came to £210) but, the price isn't that bad considering its the bike and a 23kg bag x2

I'm looking forward to possibly meeting a few people and boring the thread with random questions Big Grin

Dont forget the transfer too

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
andydd wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:

MTB Beds include airport transfer tup

But 2 x 23kg bags?! What the hell are you bringing?!? lol

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
andydd wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:

I meant 23kg each way, probably too much but with that I can go wild with the packing

MTB beds only do transfers with certain packages but give you a discount code for skiidy which works out about €80 return

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 3:19 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
haroman666 wrote:
andydd wrote:

I meant 23kg each way, probably too much but with that I can go wild with the packing

MTB beds only do transfers with certain packages but give you a discount code for skiidy which works out about €80 return
Alpy Bus returns are about 55EU..Easybus run in summer too and are cheaper but have got a bit of a bad reputation.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
I'm looking to hire a DH bike whilst in Morzine next July, any recommendations? Something decent like a V10 or similar, I wont need any helmet or armour as I will be taking my trail bike. Do they need to be booked in advance or can I do on the day? and roughly how much per day?
Thanks.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 6:46 Quote
I hired a v10 from the shop opposite what was le cottage at the foot of the pleny lift in 2017, actually my records show it cost me £120 for the day! I dont recall it being that much at the time, but its holiday funny money so I probably didnt care.
I booked the night before. I would hope for a few days it would be cheaper.
Fortunately the v10 didnt blow me away enough that I had to go out & buy one Smile

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
I'm looking to hire a DH bike whilst in Morzine next July, any recommendations? Something decent like a V10 or similar, I wont need any helmet or armour as I will be taking my trail bike. Do they need to be booked in advance or can I do on the day? and roughly how much per day?
Thanks.

I don't think you'd have to book as there normally seems a few DH bikes available from various places in town but I guess they may all be booked up if it's a busy weekend but as mentioned.top DH models are gonna be approaching a ton per day...it's pricey n it's always far better to take your own...also don't assume you need a DH bike..majority don't have and get on fine .it's more about your bike set up.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
andydd wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
Thanks.

I don't think you'd have to book as there normally seems a few DH bikes available from various places in town but I guess they may all be booked up if it's a busy weekend but as mentioned.top DH models are gonna be approaching a ton per day...it's pricey n it's always far better to take your own...also don't assume you need a DH bike..majority don't have and get on fine .it's more about your bike set up.
Cheers guys, found one that charges £75ish a day (depending on exchange rate) it's more for my mate who has never ridden a DH bike and wants to give it a go.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
SkiidyGonzales with MTBBEDS discount code is €70 max return, can be down to €58 return if you have 6 plus people in your group.

fuzzydunlop wrote:
haroman666 wrote:
andydd wrote:

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016837
Mobile Version of Website