The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 5:13 Quote
The Grand Terche one in SJD supposedly runs in the summer -

http://www.portesdusoleil.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDS_CARTE_PORTES_DU_SOLEIL_VTT_ETE_656X396-BD.pdf?_ga=2.59483438.220563483.1579612208-1285707414.1579612208

It doesnt help getting you nearer Morzine though and I recall it only ran one day a week, never done it, spoke to someone who did n said he couldnt really find the blue trail

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 1:55 Quote
andydd wrote:

http://www.portesdusoleil.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDS_CARTE_PORTES_DU_SOLEIL_VTT_ETE_656X396-BD.pdf?_ga=2.59483438.220563483.1579612208-1285707414.1579612208

It doesnt help getting you nearer Morzine though and I recall it only ran one day a week, never done it, spoke to someone who did n said he couldnt really find the blue trail

Interesting, the base station of the Grande is like 100m from my place.
I'll have to have a bit of an explore.......And try really hard not to build pirate as I'll have 3 weeks up there to kill.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:53 Quote
mudcycles wrote:
andydd wrote:

I'll have to have a bit of an explore.......And try really hard not to build pirate as I'll have 3 weeks up there to kill.

I rode up there once but dont think it was running..I put post on Morzine Crew FB page and one other person has done it but think its bit obscure trail...as mentioned above, the trail following the river goes all the way from SJD and beyond and further up to Morzine and beyond..Nyon waterfall area is furthest Ive ridden.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
andydd wrote:
mudcycles wrote:
andydd wrote:

I rode up there once but dont think it was running..I put post on Morzine Crew FB page and one other person has done it but think its bit obscure trail...as mentioned above, the trail following the river goes all the way from SJD and beyond and further up to Morzine and beyond..Nyon waterfall area is furthest Ive ridden.

The grande terche opens on Thursdays through the main summer holidays. The blue trail on the piste map is all fire road I think. There are some hiking trails down from the top back to SJD or grande terche base station, but there's been a fair bit of logging in that area the last few summers so not sure how rideable they are. If you're staying up at the terche, that's quite a schlep uphill at the end of the day - it's ~200 m vertically above SJD. I'd say it's about 40 min to pedal from SJD up to Morzine by the river path, quicker on the way back (except for the final climb upto the grande terche).. There are a few footpaths/cheeky trails in the woods between grande terche and SJD as well.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
umop-apisdn wrote:
andydd wrote:
mudcycles wrote:

The grande terche opens on Thursdays through the main summer holidays. The blue trail on the piste map is all fire road I think. There are some hiking trails down from the top back to SJD or grande terche base station, but there's been a fair bit of logging in that area the last few summers so not sure how rideable they are. If you're staying up at the terche, that's quite a schlep uphill at the end of the day - it's ~200 m vertically above SJD. I'd say it's about 40 min to pedal from SJD up to Morzine by the river path, quicker on the way back (except for the final climb upto the grande terche).. There are a few footpaths/cheeky trails in the woods between grande terche and SJD as well.

Cheers useful info.....was gonna do in last season but didnt get round to it..ended up like most lazy buggers n rode Pleney most days Smile

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007883
Mobile Version of Website