The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
We're booked for the end of July. Our accommodation says the community remains hopeful. Don't we all!

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
We're booked for the end of July. Our accommodation says the community remains hopeful. Don't we all!
1st week of july for us, still hopeful it's going to happen

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 21:56 Quote
I just checked this morning and my flights for August still haven't been canceled yet so living in hope as well.
The other big question is, even If I do get to go.... Will I then have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine when I return??

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
No one can predict whats going to happen. I've been speaking with a French friend and he's say theres tentative plans to start easing the lockdown at the end of May region by region.

Though everyones travel will be down to their relevant Govts travel advice. Current UK advice is indefinitely

I've mentally written off going already and am having to use all my willpower not to spend some of the money I've saved on a new frame/bike now I've got all day to look at them (furloughed from work) Big Grin

*Edit The EU are going to announce a further restriction on travel to the 15th May

*Double edit passportes du soleil has been moved from the end of June to the end of August

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 4:30 Quote
mudcycles wrote:
I just checked this morning and my flights for August still haven't been canceled yet so living in hope as well.
The other big question is, even If I do get to go.... Will I then have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine when I return??

Id be more worried if morzine/lifts will be open....quarentine depends on your country not france

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 4:53 Quote
I know there's a very slim chance of the season happening but in case it does and you haven't booked a flight EasyJet have an offer till next Friday of £0.99p luggage(incl bikes). I just priced a return for £146

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
I see that they moved the dates off the Passporte to the last weekend of August.

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
We are booked for three weeks from the 27 of June. I'll be holding on to the hope that everything settles down until then. and they open. But currently it is not looking good, is it?

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 17:07 Quote
I’ll row a dingy to Calais then ride a derestricted ebike through France if i have to ! Facepalm

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
I'd say its done boys. Germany who are miles ahead of everyone else with dealing with the virus are coming out of lockdown on 4th May but large public gatherings including religious services will remain banned until 31 August. Bars, cafes, restaurants, cinemas and music venues will all remain closed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52299358

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 2:48 Quote
At the moment, Avoriaz is still showing the resort will open on 4th July, BUT it hasn't been updated since Macron announced the lockdown will continue until 11th May.
In that announcement he said 11th May is when some places will open again (schools etc) and it will then be a rollout of other openings based on how well things are going. Restaurants, cinemas, communal activities, gatherings etc remain closed after 11 May until further notice (to be assessed nearer the time) but starting May 11th, "as many people as possible" should "go back to work to relaunch our industry, our businesses and services". France's borders with non-European countries will also remain closed for the time being.
Mid July is currently the earliest date given for the resumption of large gatherings.
All of this may change, it's all being reviewed weekly i think and nearer the 11th we expect another set of announcements to be made with further details, and possible regional differences.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
Lyndo76 wrote:
At the moment, Morzine-Avoriaz is still showing the resort will open on 4th July, BUT it hasn't been updated since Macron announced the lockdown will continue until 11th May.
In that announcement he said 11th May is when some places will open again (schools etc) and it will then be a rollout of other openings based on how well things are going. Restaurants, cinemas, communal activities, gatherings etc remain closed after 11 May until further notice (to be assessed nearer the time) but starting May 11th, "as many people as possible" should "go back to work to relaunch our industry, our businesses and services". France's borders with non-European countries will also remain closed for the time being.
Mid July is currently the earliest date given for the resumption of large gatherings.
All of this may change, it's all being reviewed weekly i think and nearer the 11th we expect another set of announcements to be made with further details, and possible regional differences.
Thanks for the update, can you post a link to the website you are looking at please.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 3:00 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Lyndo76 wrote:
At the moment, Avoriaz is still showing the resort will open on 4th July, BUT it hasn't been updated since Macron announced the lockdown will continue until 11th May.
Thanks for the update, can you post a link to the website you are looking at please.

This is the link for the opening info, from Avoriaz:
https://www.avoriaz.com/en/covid-19-information/

the rest of the info is from France24 and thelocal.fr after Macron's nationwide address

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 3:03 Quote
Lyndo76 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
Lyndo76 wrote:
At the moment, Morzine-Avoriaz is still showing the resort will open on 4th July, BUT it hasn't been updated since Macron announced the lockdown will continue until 11th May.

This is the link for the opening info, from Avoriaz:
https://www.avoriaz.com/en/covid-19-information/

the rest of the info is from France24 and thelocal.fr after Macron's nationwide address
Thank you, very much appreciated. I am due to be going to Morzine on the 12th July so this is encouraging news.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 9:28 Quote
We’re supposed to be the from 27th June so not very encouraging news !

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007372
Mobile Version of Website