The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 0:51 Quote
Always used insureandgo silver with extreme sports added £31 , quaranauraurntine will end next week fingers crossed so insurance will be ok !

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 20:55 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
f*ck no insurance

This is for the Tignes 2017/18 season https://www.tignes.net/uploads/media/default/0001/70/5dfde128a2638f6ab44efb2c2ba3672810fc63b3.pdf

400 euros per minute for a helicopter, 200 euros from bottom of piste to hospital, then of course all the repair costs, rehab/physio

Your link says 55.77 per minute, not 400, and that rate applies only if there's a doctor on board.
Without a doctor it's a flat fee of 377.01 on piste and 487.89 off piste.
Not all that outrageous.

In winter there is insurance available from the lift ticket offices (Snowrisk) on a daily basis (€3 / day) but not i'm not sure whether or not this is available during the summer to cover biking.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 4:11 Quote
FionnS wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
f*ck no insurance

This is for the Tignes 2017/18 season https://www.tignes.net/uploads/media/default/0001/70/5dfde128a2638f6ab44efb2c2ba3672810fc63b3.pdf

400 euros per minute for a helicopter, 200 euros from bottom of piste to hospital, then of course all the repair costs, rehab/physio

Your link says 55.77 per minute, not 400, and that rate applies only if there's a doctor on board.
Without a doctor it's a flat fee of 377.01 on piste and 487.89 off piste.
Not all that outrageous.

In winter there is insurance available from the lift ticket offices (Snowrisk) on a daily basis (€3 / day) but not i'm not sure whether or not this is available during the summer to cover biking.

I bought my season ticket on Friday at the Pleney ticket office and asked about insurance, they said they don't do it in the summer.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 5:37 Quote
Lyndo76 wrote:

I bought my season ticket on Friday at the Pleney ticket office and asked about insurance, they said they don't do it in the summer.

Excellent thanks, I emailed them but hadn't yet received a reply.
Is it much quieter than usual? Hoping to be there in 3 weeks.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
We have just booked the Eurotunnel for arrival on the 9th July for a week, then up to Winterberg and ferry back to hull. All accommodation booked and just waiting for the announcement of the 14 day quarantine to be relaxed.

Insurance quotes for my partner (travel, accident, bikes cover etc) are being sold and available online as normal.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
FionnS wrote:
Lyndo76 wrote:

it does feel pretty quiet at the moment, but more people are arriving and the town is beginning to feel a bit more alive (and with bars and restaurants opening up). When the quarantine gets lifted i imagine it will pick up even more.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
Lyndo76 wrote:
FionnS wrote:
Lyndo76 wrote:

it does feel pretty quiet at the moment, but more people are arriving and the town is beginning to feel a bit more alive (and with bars and restaurants opening up). When the quarantine gets lifted i imagine it will pick up even more.
Whats the deal with and how are they coping with the 1/2m distancing?

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
Anyone know if Snowcard will transfer my policy if I've rebooked my holiday for next year?

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
cains08 wrote:
Anyone know if Snowcard will transfer my policy if I've rebooked my holiday for next year?
try emailing them

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Lyndo76 wrote:
FionnS wrote:

i've only ridden in Les Gets so far but masks on for all the lifts (and they enforce it) and the lifts only allow numbers that enable distancing (2 people only per chair on Chavannes for example). Restaurants, bars, shops have signs and markings out to show where you walk and how close to be to other people and most state that masks are mandatory.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 2:06 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
cains08 wrote:
try emailing them
Thanks. Found a contact form on the website.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Lyndo76 wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Lyndo76 wrote:

i've only ridden in Les Gets so far but masks on for all the lifts (and they enforce it) and the lifts only allow numbers that enable distancing (2 people only per chair on Chavannes for example). Restaurants, bars, shops have signs and markings out to show where you walk and how close to be to other people and most state that masks are mandatory.

Pleney - Not enforcing a mask - 2 people per cabin (normal)
Les Gets - Enforcing a mask as you get on and off the lift - 2 people per chair (normal)
Super Morzine - Enforcing a mask as you get on and off the lift - 2 people per cabin (normal)

Carrefour - No mask neccessary
Most shops including bakeries - No mask necessary

Restaurants, cafe's and bars - Supposed to be table service, mask required when standing up, not many enforcing it. 10 people max per table

Distancing largely being adhered to, but not enforced. Riding is just like normal, except you have a mask in your pocket incase.

Trails are running prime. Pleney never better, work happening everywhere in Les Gets.

As long as people who come obey the basic rules and wash their hands summer will be largely unchanged.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
cains08 wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:
cains08 wrote:
try emailing them
Thanks. Found a contact form on the website.
Snowcard moved my policy to new dates next year without charge. Smile

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
TopperharleyPT1 wrote:
Lyndo76 wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

Pleney - Not enforcing a mask - 2 people per cabin (normal)
Les Gets - Enforcing a mask as you get on and off the lift - 2 people per chair (normal)
Super Morzine - Enforcing a mask as you get on and off the lift - 2 people per cabin (normal)

Carrefour - No mask neccessary
Most shops including bakeries - No mask necessary

Restaurants, cafe's and bars - Supposed to be table service, mask required when standing up, not many enforcing it. 10 people max per table

Distancing largely being adhered to, but not enforced. Riding is just like normal, except you have a mask in your pocket incase.

Trails are running prime. Pleney never better, work happening everywhere in Les Gets.

As long as people who come obey the basic rules and wash their hands summer will be largely unchanged.
Sounds goosd..Im all set for 16th July ..hopefully staying to watch WC in LG if it goes ahead.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
Sweet , it’s looking pretty good then for mega week away. Now just have to convince the other lads mrs’s lol !

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010211
Mobile Version of Website