The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
My theory is that you fly in and out of Switzerland Confused

Does the "french side" of the airport not count as french territory? Genuine question.

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
Anyone know if the Mossette's lift is back open? Keen to do the Swiss National when I get over in a couple of weeks...

Yes - moisettes, crosets and champery lifts are all open. Hardly anyone riding there unlike Morzine/Les Gets which are heaving. Went Morzine to Chatel to Morgins to Champery to Avoriaz to Morzine to Les Gets yesterday so can confirm that every bike lift is open.

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
[Quote="haroman666"]
ChrisTunn wrote:
My theory is that you fly in and out of Switzerland Confused

Does the "french side" of the airport not count as french territory? Genuine question.[/Quotes]

No..you land in Switzerland ... So in theory no one knows where you go from there...

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
Exactly ^

And in my head, I’m more likely to catch it here going to Asda than I am riding at a below average pace round the PDS.

So if they ask. I was in Morgins the whole time ????

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
Oh well , next year will be the best ! Boris you turd lol

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 3:51 Quote
Does anyone know if any of the transfer companies still offer shared transfers? I managed to move my flights and hotel to next year but ski-lifts are only offering private transfers now so just had to get a refund.

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 11:35 Quote
cains08 wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the transfer companies still offer shared transfers? I managed to move my flights and hotel to next year but ski-lifts are only offering private transfers now so just had to get a refund.

Bit early ! Who knows what will happen next year...alpy are only doing shared transfers this summer upto Sunday but no doubt will start again in winter
Personally I wouldn't be booking anything too far in advance

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 11:49 Quote
One of our group got transfer this July for £70, he sat n played with times until he got it. Might of been skiddy. Far too early for next year. If see tunnel or ferry offers with full refunds then might book. My snowcard insurance payed up extra £900 it cost me to drive. Had to take easyJet to disputes board but they settled and gave me both flights back.

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 3:23 Quote
I've noticed in a few videos from this summer and just checked Trailforks, Les Gets Airline has been closed.

Anyone know why? Routine maintenance? Big changes?

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
Big changes ;
https://youtu.be/bs4cjZFmb7o

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Big changes ;

That's Jump Park on the Nauchetts lift.

I'm on about Airline, Mont Chery side:

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Big changes ;

Was it due to the planned race and the routing of that trail?

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
haroman666 wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Big changes ;

Was it due to the planned race and the routing of that trail?

Don't think so
It was shut from beginning yet I don't think p2v race was organised till later.

It's prob maintanence...parks have gotta make sure real big stuff esp if wooden jumps etc are safe n not gotta wipe out too many riders.

Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 3:50 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
I've noticed in a few videos from this summer and just checked Trailforks, Les Gets Airline has been closed.

Anyone know why? Routine maintenance? Big changes?

didnt look like maintanence, a friend really wanted to ride it we went there to check it out, entrance was taped but we walked around to check the state of it and the first drop has been completely demolished... And the rest we could see hasnt been touched in a long time...

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
I am planning a road trip to Morzine next summer. Could anyone give me an indication of toll prices there and back please?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013842
Mobile Version of Website