The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
johnas7 wrote:
anyone currently booked up for morzine/les gets this summer? Hoping to go twice, mid july and end of aug as both trips last year got cancelled. Just hoping this covid shit and brexit isnt going to ruin it again.

Yes i am booked up to go 10th July, Last year got cancelled but I drove and stayed elsewhere. Brilliant week away. The cancelled holiday with Alpine Elements was postponed to this year but they then went into liquidation in Decemeber. Got the money back through ATOL and we have all rebooked for this year. I was looking to go twice as well as its my 50th Birthday this year, but I reckon I will be lucky to go once and finances have taken a beating this year.

I dont think Brexit will have a major impact unless the £ really tanks but I cant see that happening. Covid is more of a worry. As long as travel is allowed and the accommodation doesnt go bust as the winter season has been a wash out then we should be OK.

Whatever you book, use a credit card as then you will get some protection.

Good luck, might see you out there!

what a shame to hear about Alpine Elements!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
Me and my group carried our booking over from last year.

First week of August.

I'm trying to stay neutral about whether it will happen or not. Too many factors that could sway it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
we hope to be there start of july for 2 weeks but will be a last minute job, dont need bike storage as will be in van so any
b&b will do us.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
We really want to book but realistically you can't see it happening this year. No one even knows when we'll be out of this full lockdown yet, could go into March. Last year's window of opportunity was pretty small and were in a bigger mess this year.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Apartments booked for the last weekend of june, first week of july. Driving over too so only paid a deposit so far so it all goes pear shaped it's not much of a loss. Tried to get out 3 times last year but it just never came off, fingers crossed this summer is better

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
Who did you re book with?

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:30 Quote
We booked with Mtb beds last July , had to change date to aug due to cov . Then a week before the cov got in the way again so had to cancel the year and change date to July this year . Mtb beds were really helpful through the whole mess and fingers crossed it’ll be good this year !

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:31 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
We really want to book but realistically you can't see it happening this year. No one even knows when we'll be out of this full lockdown yet, could go into March. Last year's window of opportunity was pretty small and were in a bigger mess this year.

Last year we didnt go for our own safety concerns and some guys were skint due to furlough, this year we're going unless the borders are shut and planes arent running!

We're out at the beginning of July, some friends want to join us but have found everywhere is fully booked! We guess its from a mixture of bookings being moved from 2020 and events that are planned to be on

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:41 Quote
I have rebooked with riders refuge, if you have a small party you might get in as they had a few spaces. Airbnb are a good shout if you don't mind sorting out your own catering/food.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:48 Quote
Oh it's worrying to know it's getting booked up quickly. I'm mr last minute dot com and usually only book a few weeks before going.
I'm was planning to go after the world cup this year and hopefully miss all the noisy buggers on Harley's as well.
I had better make that my mission today to get a deposit down.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
Just booked direct with Pure Morzine for one of their apartments as we don't mind a bit of self catering. I did an Alpine elements trip once but I didnt think it was worth great value for money with us driving over

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 2:11 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Oh it's worrying to know it's getting booked up quickly. I'm mr last minute dot com and usually only book a few weeks before going.
I'm was planning to go after the world cup this year and hopefully miss all the noisy buggers on Harley's as well.
I had better make that my mission today to get a deposit down.

I'm the same, book about 3 weeks before we go. Missed going last year, might see what the couple we normally go with want to do.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 3:04 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
johnas7 wrote:
anyone currently booked up for morzine/les gets this summer? Hoping to go twice, mid july and end of aug as both trips last year got cancelled. Just hoping this covid shit and brexit isnt going to ruin it again.

Yes i am booked up to go 10th July, Last year got cancelled but I drove and stayed elsewhere. Brilliant week away. The cancelled holiday with Alpine Elements was postponed to this year but they then went into liquidation in Decemeber. Got the money back through ATOL and we have all rebooked for this year. I was looking to go twice as well as its my 50th Birthday this year, but I reckon I will be lucky to go once and finances have taken a beating this year.

I dont think Brexit will have a major impact unless the £ really tanks but I cant see that happening. Covid is more of a worry. As long as travel is allowed and the accommodation doesnt go bust as the winter season has been a wash out then we should be OK.

Whatever you book, use a credit card as then you will get some protection.

Good luck, might see you out there!

nice one, we are hoping to drive over on the 10th july for the week and then fly from edinburgh on sat 21st aug for a week, the aug trip we are also staying with riders refuge. Smile

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 2:56 Quote
Alpine elements have gone bust but sure they will pre pack and come back from the ashes. Loads of options. MTB BEDS are a good one!

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 0:18 Quote
Who would fly with their E-Bike if they could rent a battery in Morzine for the week? Looks like a few shops will be doing it for 2021. Not sure what the rules are on the lifts, sure it would work quite well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007603
Mobile Version of Website