The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 23:55 Quote
Needs to be in the green for me, it's the variants is the problem, if they get load of them then it's amber at least. I can travel back through Ireland but they have France in the red at present..

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
I don’t think it will be possible for us as you’ll need both Jabs and that not gunna happen before July plus 2 tests per person ££ plus quarantine on return plus France is not in a good place with the virus atm !
IMO a ride trip around the Uk sounds a lot more appealing!

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 0:19 Quote
Being an "older" gentleman I should have both my jabs well before July. However others in my party may not. There is still so much that can change and so much that is out of our control.

How would flying into Geneva affect the travel? Would it be counted as Switzerland?

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
Yes Geneva is Switzerland, so it will have to be green if flying more than France as could try to blag you stayed in it not France.. Switzerland could put up border restrictions to France too so something else to look out for. My 2nd jab due 3weeks today..

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
Whilst things do seem a little more hopeful at face value, I remain pessimistic based on jab requirements and any sort of isolation periods required.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
Yeah I guess that PCR tests and associated costs are just the price of travelling anywhere in 2021.

I've heard from quite a few people that travel between France & Switzerland is no trouble at all, even during the strictest periods.

I'd have to agree with 8+ weeks till the very start of the season, theres still so much that can change for good or for bad. When the borders etc opened up last year it was so busy in Morzine and almost impossible to find any accommodation. Book through Bike Morzine and you've either get a holiday or a refund - WIN/WIN in my opinion!

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 22:20 Quote
I'm 48 and got my jab dates last week, first one is 30th April (could have got it sooner but wanted a Friday incase of side effects), then 2nd is 16th July.

The wait from 50+ to 45+ was about 6 weeks

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
You should live in Wales. I know a lad that's 23, fit and healthy and is having his first jab next Friday. I'm 44 and had mine over 2 weeks ago. Wales is finally good at something Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
Good at rugby mate !
Get mine next Friday and the 2nd is booked for the July 11 , the day after we we’re getting home . I’m the oldest in are gang !

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
Don't mention the Rugby!Facepalm

Well, I'm 44 too and supposed to get the first jab sometimes from mid-june... which is probably not very good news for this topic (as I live in Morzine)!
Let's keep our fingers crossed, we could really do with your visitBeer

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
rideability wrote:
Don't mention the Rugby!Facepalm

Well, I'm 44 too and supposed to get the first jab sometimes from mid-june... which is probably not very good news for this topic (as I live in Morzine)!
Let's keep our fingers crossed, we could really do with your visitBeer
Blame Scotland for the rugby lol lol lol
We (me,wife and 5 year old) might of come this but the other family we normally come down with don't want to risk it.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
France will allow tourists from June 9th, with a Health Pass. The Health Pass will show either a vaccination date, a negative test or proof of having had Covid and therefore antibodies. The French haven't released much information on it yet, other than it'll be called a Pass Sanitaire, it will be required for international travel and for entrance into large events.

The lifts are all scheduled to open on time, that's less than a month from today for weekends only in Les Gets, Super Morzine and Pleney weekends from June 12th. Pleney and Les Gets full time from the 18th June and then everything opens full time on June 25th.

https://www.mtbbeds.com/morzine-summer-2021-lift-opening-dates

The only thing we are waiting on now is hot the government will list France when they announce which countries go green, amber or red, on May 7th. France isn't being talked about as green at the moment. It could well go to amber. Renewed every month, the figures should start to come down in France in time for an awesome summer.

Beer

https://www.mtbbeds.com/covid-19-summer-mtb-holiday-update

Any questions fire them over, even if you're not staying with us, if we can help we will.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
Cheers guys, awesome info!

mtb-beds wrote:
France will allow tourists from June 9th, with a Health Pass. The Health Pass will show either a vaccination date, a negative test or proof of having had Covid and therefore antibodies. The French haven't released much information on it yet, other than it'll be called a Pass Sanitaire, it will be required for international travel and for entrance into large events.

The lifts are all scheduled to open on time, that less than a month from today for weekends only in Les Gets, Super Morzine and Pleney weekends from June 12th. Pleney and Les Gets full time from the 18th June and then everything opens full time on June 25th.

The only thing we are waiting on now is hot the government will list France when they announce which countries go green, amber or red, on May 7th. France isn't being talked about as green at the moment. It could well go to amber. Renewed every month, the figures should start to come down in France in time for an awesome summer.

Beer

Any questions fire them over, even if you're not staying with us, if we can help we will.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 0:18 Quote
mtb-beds wrote:

The lifts are all scheduled to open on time, that's less than a month from today for weekends only in Les Gets, Super Morzine and Pleney weekends from June 12th. Pleney and Les Gets full time from the 18th June and then everything opens full time on June 25th.

Beer

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated, although I'm not staying with you this year as my dates didn't marry up with your spaces.

Would you guys know if or how flying into Geneva which is Switzerland would affect anything? Is it the airport that is important? Where you are staying? Would it complicate things going from Swiss to French territory? Would there be extra checks on Swiss/French border?

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 0:22 Quote
I'm even considering coming home via Bilbao in Spain it's 11 hr drive then boat or Rotterdam. Just need a green way into UK or Ireland and we there lol it's your departure point that counts, you can bluff you where in Switzerland for holiday.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018630
Mobile Version of Website