The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
O+
Posted: May 1, 2021 at 0:39 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
I'm even considering coming home via Bilbao in Spain it's 11 hr drive then boat or Rotterdam. Just need a green way into UK or Ireland and we there lol it's your departure point that counts, you can bluff you where in Switzerland for holiday.

This won’t work, Border Control are specifically looking for people trying to ‘launder’ their quarantine status. You need to spend 10 days in a green country on the way home to change your status. You might get lucky of course and slip through unchecked.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
Yup I'll be 10 days in Spain on way home unless can prove otherwise..

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
Jumping over Swiss border Steve mcqueen style is best option !

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
mtb-beds wrote:
France will allow tourists from June 9th, with a Health Pass. The Health Pass will show either a vaccination date, a negative test or proof of having had Covid and therefore antibodies. The French haven't released much information on it yet, other than it'll be called a Pass Sanitaire, it will be required for international travel and for entrance into large events.

The lifts are all scheduled to open on time, that's less than a month from today for weekends only in Les Gets, Super Morzine and Pleney weekends from June 12th. Pleney and Les Gets full time from the 18th June and then everything opens full time on June 25th.

https://www.mtbbeds.com/morzine-summer-2021-lift-opening-dates

The only thing we are waiting on now is hot the government will list France when they announce which countries go green, amber or red, on May 7th. France isn't being talked about as green at the moment. It could well go to amber. Renewed every month, the figures should start to come down in France in time for an awesome summer.

Beer

https://www.mtbbeds.com/covid-19-summer-mtb-holiday-update

Any questions fire them over, even if you're not staying with us, if we can help we will.

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated, although I'm not staying with you this year as my dates didn't marry up with your spaces.

Would you guys know if or how flying into Geneva which is Switzerland would affect anything? Is it the airport that is important? Where you are staying? Would it complicate things going from Swiss to French territory? Would there be extra checks on Swiss/French border?

We've had to deal with this situation in both Switzerland and Italy. During the last 'open' period the answer was no, but you have a grey area where you must somehow prove that you did not leave you vehicle. If you were on public transport like the Eurotunnel this was easier - https://www.connexionfrance.com/Practical/Your-Questions/Do-UK-quarantine-measures-apply-to-EuroTunnel-travel

We'll have clear answers on this before May 17th. It comes up as question very often not only to us but across the travel industry. Every re-opening has been slightly different and so the rules that applied last time may not be applied this time, so we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
my main concern is where local will you be able to get a pcr test done. You'll need negative one of these even if green zone to travel home. Suppose Geneva airport will have something but maybe only for those who fly and you need to do couple days in advance for results..

O+
Posted: May 1, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
MTB-Beds will know where the closest lab is but most decent sized french towns have a laboratory which will do PCR tests. Our local lab gets PCR results texted to you in under 24 hours, you book online and they do them every weekday morning.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
A txt result wont do, needs to be like a certificate emailed or printed from whats on government site at present, hopefully become more clear in couple weeks.
jtwickenden wrote:
MTB-Beds will know where the closest lab is but most decent sized french towns have a laboratory which will do PCR tests. Our local lab gets PCR results texted to you in under 24 hours, you book online and they do them every weekday morning.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
You’ll get an email as well if you provide an email address.

The french health passport is going to work on QR codes apparently which will be printed on vaccination certs/test results. How that will work with UK Border Control who knows post Brexit. It’s going to be messy and stressful travelling abroad this summer that’s for sure.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
Apparently we will have the NHS app with vaccination status and test results. Will know more in couple weeks if france will recognise it for entry. Going to be messy as will need tested 2 days before returning home so if comes back inconclusive it can be redone in time..

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
Apparently we will have the NHS app with vaccination status and test results. Will know more in couple weeks if france will recognise it for entry. Going to be messy as will need tested 2 days before returning home so if comes back inconclusive it can be redone in time..

Its already a thing, if you download or have the NHS app (not the covid one) its on there GP Health record > Medicines > Acute (short-term) Medicines

I had the AZ jab on friday and had no side effects whatsoever

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 0:34 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
my main concern is where local will you be able to get a pcr test done. You'll need negative one of these even if green zone to travel home. Suppose Geneva airport will have something but maybe only for those who fly and you need to do couple days in advance for results..

There are two options, but you shouldn't need to get a PCR test in France before returning to the UK. You will need one when you return to the UK.

The test before returning, in France can be a lateral flow, according to all the information currently available. For instance now a lateral flow test is fine - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

We've detailed that and all the test costs here - https://www.mtbbeds.com/covid-19-summer-mtb-holiday-update

The simple answer to your question is you can get a PCR at the local medical centre, but you need to get in early and results have taken up to 72 hours in the past, more like 48 now, might get quicker. There is a lab 15 minutes drive away in Tanninges, that will get the results much faster and appointments can be booked all day. But again, you shouldn't need a PCR test, lateral flow is OK for that portion of the journey.

Lateral flow tests are widely available , results in 20 minutes, and they are free, even to no residents at the moment.

It's important to remember it is the 2nd of May, mid June and the start of the season is 6 weeks away so plenty can change. Keep an eye on our website and social media as we'll update regularly.

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 3:04 Quote
Just read today that countries to be announced on Friday then reviewed every 3 weeks. So that works out for 9th July if happens. I'm either for morzine or fortbill that evening, can at least book boat to Scotland then wing it at 5 pm lol

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 3:28 Quote
Lateral flow tests are bit dodgy, you'll have to make sure meet the requirements as some are not 97% accurate. There's also a 2% false positive from them, so 1 in 50 will test positive but aren't that's why kids at school have to get a PCR after the lft to make sure and that's where data for the 2% is coming from. Better to pay for PCR as only problem you'll have if sample isn't taken right which isn't that often. My wife n staff get pcr tested every week and they are spot on. My boys school is doing the lft..

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 4:11 Quote
They working on updating app so it can be scanned to show your either vaccinated or recent tested negative, this then needs EU approval to use. Going for my second jab Wednesday but junior will need a test then before he travels depending on EU if going to be lft or PCR will have to wait n see. Will also need Swiss approval too if flying. Should know more in few weeks..
fuzzydunlop wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

Its already a thing, if you download or have the NHS app (not the covid one) its on there GP Health record > Medicines > Acute (short-term) Medicines

I had the AZ jab on friday and had no side effects whatsoever

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
So after today who is even more confused ?!

Things are looking up I guess...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013039
Mobile Version of Website