The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
It actually says for Amber countries-

"People should not travel to Amber countries for leisure purposes "

So France needs to go green if anyone is to get away.

I'm still hopeful though.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
Though France is on the amber list, it wasn't unexpected.

We've just put out another mail shot, more details in here - https://www.mtbbeds.com/covid-19-summer-mtb-holiday-update-3

To summarise (you all know what amber/red/green means) -

- The new rules come into effect from May 17th

- Reviewed every 3 weeks from May 17th

- June 7th and June 28th are your next key dates from the UK Government.

- The situation in France is improving. Vaccination rates are up and infection numbers fall by about 7,000 average per week.

France will be open by summer and the lifts will run. They are going to begin on schedule on 18th May in Les Gets on the weekends at about 50% capacity. Should keep the braking bumps at bay for the rest of summer at least!

France could bring their numbers down to Portugal levels, especially if the vaccination rate improves.

Any questions fire them over on here on on Instagram, we'll check this thread over the weekend aswell.

Fingers crossed!

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
my ferrys booked and tunnel as can get refunds now. Leave Larne at 5pm on 9th july. Hopefully go green on 28th June don't see it any sooner. Spain might get in 3 weeks as in better shape.. Even considering getting 8 days biking then doing the 5days test release at home if stays amber..

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
It actually says for Amber countries-

"People should not travel to Amber countries for leisure purposes "

So France needs to go green if anyone is to get away.

I'm still hopeful though.

Yes that bit confused me, so even if a country is Amber and its after May 17th...you still can't travel to it ?

For something quite important..the details are far from clear.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
Snowcards insurance will now cover if you travel against travel advice from reading through terms the other night. That was problem last year but even if red will cover you for most things from a quick read. Its not a travel ban for amber but advice not to as I read it.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 13:46 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
Snowcards insurance will now cover if you travel against travel advice from reading through terms the other night. That was problem last year but even if red will cover you for most things from a quick read. Its not a travel ban for amber but advice not to as I read it.

Could be..it says..

"Travelling abroad from England
Until 17 May, you can only travel abroad from England if you have a legally permitted reason to do so. You must complete a declaration form for international travel.

From 17 May you will not need to complete a declaration form to travel abroad.

You should not travel to amber list or red list countries or territories for leisure purposes."

In any event..sure hope France is green by then...

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 3:16 Quote
andydd wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

Could be..it says..

Until 17 May, you can only travel abroad from England if you have a legally permitted reason to do so. You must complete a declaration form for international travel.

You should not travel to amber list or red list countries or territories for leisure purposes."

I think the clue is in the wording, much like the highway code.

Things that say "SHOULD not" are just guidance.

Things that say "MUST not" are rules.

That being said, I will only be going if it is in the green category as I don't think my work will be happy with me having to isolate on return.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 4:09 Quote
I'm looking at risking it if amber and still heading in right direction as france is twice as high as spain at present, then if changes on 19th July will be ok or will have to make for home if stays amber, loose 4 days biking then do the test to release amber. Its only an extra £150 over the green test and costs are coming down.

haroman666 wrote:
andydd wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

Could be..it says..

That being said, I will only be going if it is in the green category as I don't think my work will be happy with me having to isolate on return.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
andydd wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

Could be..it says..

Thats the correct take. If its green go, anything else you could very quickly find out your whole insurance is invalid

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
So rules changing, if your in a country even if just driving through it to eurotunnel or airport it counts, also changing or getting on a flight at an airport you have to add that country too..
-
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england?step-by-step-nav=8c0c7b83-5e0b-4bed-9121-1c394e2f96f3#amber-list
-
Private vehicles or coaches travelling through amber or red list countries and territories
If you are travelling to England in a private vehicle, the rules of the countries and territories you drive through apply. For example, if you drive through an amber list country, then you must follow the amber list rules when you arrive in England.

This applies whether you stop in the country or territory or not. You need to record the countries and territories you drive through on your passenger locator form.

Transit stops in amber or red list countries
When you arrive in England you need to follow the rules for the highest risk country or territory that you have been in or passed through in the previous 10 days. That can include transit stops.

A transit stop is a stop where passengers can get on or off the same part of the transport in which you are travelling. It can apply to ships, trains or flights. Your ticket should show if a stop is a transit stop.

The rules of a country or territory that you make a transit stop in could apply if:

new passengers get on and are able to mix with you
you or other passengers get off the transport you are on and mix with other people, then get on again
Making a transit stop would not affect what you have to do on arrival in England if, during the stop:

no new passengers, who are able to mix with you, get on
no-one on-board gets off and mixes with people outside
passengers get off but do not get back on

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
Same as it was last summer.

Just share the drive, don't stop at crap french service stations, pack food and take a bog roll.

bat-fastard wrote:
So rules changing, if your in a country even if just driving through it to eurotunnel or airport it counts, also changing or getting on a flight at an airport you have to add that country too..
-
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england?step-by-step-nav=8c0c7b83-5e0b-4bed-9121-1c394e2f96f3#amber-list
-
Private vehicles or coaches travelling through amber or red list countries and territories
If you are travelling to England in a private vehicle, the rules of the countries and territories you drive through apply. For example, if you drive through an amber list country, then you must follow the amber list rules when you arrive in England.

This applies whether you stop in the country or territory or not. You need to record the countries and territories you drive through on your passenger locator form.

When you arrive in England you need to follow the rules for the highest risk country or territory that you have been in or passed through in the previous 10 days. That can include transit stops.

A transit stop is a stop where passengers can get on or off the same part of the transport in which you are travelling. It can apply to ships, trains or flights. Your ticket should show if a stop is a transit stop.

The rules of a country or territory that you make a transit stop in could apply if:

you or other passengers get off the transport you are on and mix with other people, then get on again
Making a transit stop would not affect what you have to do on arrival in England if, during the stop:

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
mylandmtb wrote:

Just share the drive, don't stop at crap french service stations, pack food and take a bog roll.

bat-fastard wrote:
-
-

Brexit rules mean can’t take food out of Uk lol

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
Hahaha. Helps us all!!!!

Matt115lamb wrote:
mylandmtb wrote:

bat-fastard wrote:
-
-

Brexit rules mean can’t take food out of Uk lol

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 0:01 Quote
Telegraph reporting there's not going to be change on 7th June for Spain Greece or France. Looking like 28th at earliest. Someone's been leaking to them as been correct so far. France might not even be to next one, just to open just for school holidays if infections need to be down to 30/100,000

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 2:55 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
Telegraph reporting there's not going to be change on 7th June for Spain Greece or France. Looking like 28th at earliest. Someone's been leaking to them as been correct so far. France might not even be to next one, just to open just for school holidays if infections need to be down to 30/100,000

You got a source for this? Link?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010208
Mobile Version of Website