The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Author Message
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:
Telegraph reporting there's not going to be change on 7th June for Spain Greece or France. Looking like 28th at earliest. Someone's been leaking to them as been correct so far. France might not even be to next one, just to open just for school holidays if infections need to be down to 30/100,000

You got a source for this? Link?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/14916522/spain-greece-france-holidays-june-green-list/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/10/exclusive-destinations-set-added-travel-green-list/
Sounds like softening the blow, seams to be how this government do it.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:
Telegraph reporting there's not going to be change on 7th June for Spain Greece or France. Looking like 28th at earliest. Someone's been leaking to them as been correct so far. France might not even be to next one, just to open just for school holidays if infections need to be down to 30/100,000

You got a source for this? Link?

The Telegraph never lies..ha

I found this interesting as it says hols to Amber countries ARE allowed, (unless gov specifically says not), suits me, Im planning on doing whole season in Morzine n can handle 10 days at home when returning, most of my arrangements are sorted except airport Transfers which are only doing (pricey) private ones, although hoping that'll change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57083376

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 7:12 Quote
Yep I'm thinking 9 days biking then 5 day test to release. You can view daily updated weekly figures online now to, France has dropped form 202 to 185 in few days but has long way to go and if opening up to soon numbers will rise again.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
We’ve had to cancel due to all the can then can’t then green or amber isolation/test confusion .
Next year will be the best !

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:52 Quote
Hey guys,

It's all still very confusing but from our research it is not illegal to travel to AMBER list countries, however it is not advised by the government and currently you will have to do a 5 day (minimum) quarantine upon return, along with tests on departure, Day 2 & Day 8.

For up to date information, including links to the most affordable testing kits we have found check out:
https://www.bikemorzine.com/coronavirus.html

Frances Covid rates are rapidly dropping, down by 31% since it's peak and at just 178 per 100k average over the past 7 days. Source here It still has a wee way to go, but vaccines are finally being rolled out at a faster rate and things are looking promising.

Fingers crossed it gets moved into the Green list on the June 7th update.

If you guys have any questions at all, get in touch with one of our team at www.bikemorzine.com and we'll happily help!

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 4:57 Quote
One option...Come and stay for the full season and make any quarantine well worth it! Well the 90 days maximum you are now allowed to stay for!

We have the ultimate Seasonal Chalet, set up like our weekly holiday chalets with Free Peaty's cleaning products for the whole season, a custom built bike wash with jet wash, Wifi, the best views in the valley and a FREE Day Trip to Pila!

The full Portes Du Soleil opens on the 25th June - 29th August, see more HERE for dates and lift passes also.

Got to be worth a shot especially this year!!

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 5:07 Quote
mtbbeds wrote:
One option...Come and stay for the full season and make any quarantine well worth it! Well the 90 days maximum you are now allowed to stay for!

We have the ultimate Seasonal Chalet, set up like our weekly holiday chalets with Free Peaty's cleaning products for the whole season, a custom built bike wash with jet wash, Wifi, the best views in the valley and a FREE Day Trip to Pila!

The full Portes Du Soleil opens on the 25th June - 29th August, see more HERE for dates and lift passes also.

Got to be worth a shot especially this year!!
I'm tempted but not sure the wife will let me

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
mtbbeds wrote:
One option...Come and stay for the full season and make any quarantine well worth it! Well the 90 days maximum you are now allowed to stay for!

We have the ultimate Seasonal Chalet, set up like our weekly holiday chalets with Free Peaty's cleaning products for the whole season, a custom built bike wash with jet wash, Wifi, the best views in the valley and a FREE Day Trip to Pila!

The full Portes Du Soleil opens on the 25th June - 29th August, see more HERE for dates and lift passes also.

Got to be worth a shot especially this year!!
I'm tempted but not sure the wife will let me
Wife would be glad to get rid of me but the 40 odd lawns I have to mow might not be same.. 171 now.. just waiting for Indian variant to start fecking things up at our end..

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
Hello guys, I'm currently planning a trip to Portes du Soleil/ Morzine, I was supposed to go with a ridding buddy but he got a summer job and cannot go anymore.
I would like to go alone and stay in a shared place where I could meet new riders.
I have a good riding level but I would like to have someone I could ride with.
Does anyone know some places to stay and how is the ambience in these shared places?
Thanks in advance

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
Try mtbbeds shared chalet/lodge

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Hideout hostel and sherpa bar/jolly good are also cheapish options, I'm going on my own too, staying at chalet with others I've met before, I could find out if there will be any spare rooms..obviously its all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
Jolly Good has gone now.

MTB Beds do their Riders Weeks where you can book as an individual or group etc, good for riding with others and meeting people.

Few good cheaper hotels also like Fleur Des Neiges.

andydd wrote:
Hideout hostel and sherpa bar/jolly good are also cheapish options, I'm going on my own too, staying at chalet with others I've met before, I could find out if there will be any spare rooms..obviously its all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
mylandmtb wrote:
Jolly Good has gone now.

MTB Beds do their Riders Weeks where you can book as an individual or group etc, good for riding with others and meeting people.

Few good cheaper hotels also like Fleur Des Neiges.

andydd wrote:
Hideout hostel and sherpa bar/jolly good are also cheapish options, I'm going on my own too, staying at chalet with others I've met before, I could find out if there will be any spare rooms..obviously its all a bit up in the air at the moment.
Can recommend MTBBEDS for this, me and my son went out last year but met a load of really cool guys, both riding and socialising.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
Thank you all, I will check MTBBEDS

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 7:13 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Thank you all, I will check MTBBEDS

Its worth joining the Morzine Crew - talk To Me FB page, people there often looking for or advertising seasonairre spare rooms, Ive always found places on there, but obviously this year everything is nuts Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008762
Mobile Version of Website