The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Author Message
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
Cheers for the recommendations everyone. Much appreciated in these crazy time, we are doing everything we can to make sure this summer's going to be as awesome as possible! Fingers crossed the stars align!

I think the Riders Week will be perfect for you @demo7jumper, See link HERE to the packages

Drop us an email and we will make sure you get the right trip!

Cheers again and stay up to date on the Covid stuff HERE. We have written three detailed articles on it so far and there will be new ones when substantial info is released. Next date for the diary is the 7th June....

#onepedalahead

demo7jumper wrote:
Hello guys, I'm currently planning a trip to Portes du Soleil/ Morzine, I was supposed to go with a ridding buddy but he got a summer job and cannot go anymore.
I would like to go alone and stay in a shared place where I could meet new riders.
I have a good riding level but I would like to have someone I could ride with.
Does anyone know some places to stay and how is the ambience in these shared places?
Thanks in advance

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello guys, I'm currently planning a trip to Portes du Soleil/ Morzine, I was supposed to go with a ridding buddy but he got a summer job and cannot go anymore.
I would like to go alone and stay in a shared place where I could meet new riders.
I have a good riding level but I would like to have someone I could ride with.
Does anyone know some places to stay and how is the ambience in these shared places?
Thanks in advance


If your looking for an affordable and super social option check out Hideout Hostel , you can either book a single room or a bed in a dorm room if you are on a budget. The hostel boasts a super social bar always full of guests and other riders, plus Morzine's best kitchen 2 years running. We can also arrange airport transfers, lift passes, bike rental, coaching/guiding and basically anything you need.

Just get in touch with our friendly team at www.bikemorzine.com

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
Anyone booked a trip to Portugal? Madeira? There is still spaces left for the TransMadeira race also..

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
So here goes Boris again, talking confusing bollocks..jeez....as we all know, mountain biking IS an essential reason..ha

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
andydd wrote:
So here goes Boris again, talking confusing bollocks..jeez....as we all know, mountain biking IS an essential reason..ha

Is essential for my mental health to bang the pleney for 2 weeks otherwise I'll loose the plot over the next lockdown.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
Boris is a conniving cock who’s fxxked it up again and will blame this new Indian strain on people who go to amber countries for holidays when we’re told we can go but don’t go Facepalm
Ps use your common sense and wash your hands !!!!!!

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 1:50 Quote
A mate of mine who was flying from Bristol to Geneva on 10th July has just had his flight cancelled. Its not looking good!

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
A mate of mine who was flying from Bristol to Geneva on 10th July has just had his flight cancelled. Its not looking good!

Although flights from Bristol bit sparse anyway...im going from Gatwick,l doing the season so I can chop n change dates.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
It's going to be tricky that's for sure, NO way Green on the 7th June and unlikely on the 28th June either. Then it's the 19th July..

Boris making it very clear not to travel to amber but other MP's saying use your common sense etc..LOL.

Scotland is looking good...

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
mylandmtb wrote:
It's going to be tricky that's for sure, NO way Green on the 7th June and unlikely on the 28th June either. Then it's the 19th July..

Boris making it very clear not to travel to amber but other MP's saying use your common sense etc..LOL.

Scotland is looking good...
Its the south african variant is more problem in France, it counts for about 20% of cases.
EU might block us due to the Indian one if we can't control it, they have put back UK approval again.
I recon it'll be 19th July but think they might release changes earlier that take effect on that date.
Will see how the 7th June changes play out.

UK uplifts are booking up for early July already unless going to put extra on.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
France has released first details of it's traffic light system -

RED - Complete ban. Travel from red countries is entirely prohibited unless is extreme circumstances in which case a strict quarantine must be observed.

ORANGE - Travel from an orange country will be allowed for any reason, including tourism, with proof of a completed course of an approved vaccine. These vaccines are; Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna. The UK's vaccine passport app will be recognised in France. If you are not vaccinated, conditions will apply but the details have not been released.

GREEN - Travel is allowed entirely unrestricted, travellers maybe asked to present a vaccination certificate or a negative test.

Full details will be known by June 9th.

All our latest Covid related updates HERE.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
mtbbeds wrote:
France has released first details of it's traffic light system -

RED - Complete ban. Travel from red countries is entirely prohibited unless is extreme circumstances in which case a strict quarantine must be observed.

ORANGE - Travel from and orange country will be allowed for any reason, including tourism, with proof of a completed course of an approved vaccine. These vaccine are; Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna. The UK's vaccine passport app will be recognised in France. If you are not vaccinated, conditions will apply but the details have not been released.

GREEN - Travel is allowed entirely unrestricted, travellers maybe asked to present a vaccination certificate or a negative test.

Full details will be known by June 9th.

All our latest Covid related updates HERE.
Thanks for the update, hopefully it will all come together and we can get out there without too many restrictions.

mtbbeds are you aware of any restrictions on the lifts? Have to wear a mask? Only 1 person in an enclosed lift etc?

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
mtbbeds wrote:
France has released first details of it's traffic light system -

RED - Complete ban. Travel from red countries is entirely prohibited unless is extreme circumstances in which case a strict quarantine must be observed.

ORANGE - Travel from and orange country will be allowed for any reason, including tourism, with proof of a completed course of an approved vaccine. These vaccine are; Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna. The UK's vaccine passport app will be recognised in France. If you are not vaccinated, conditions will apply but the details have not been released.

GREEN - Travel is allowed entirely unrestricted, travellers maybe asked to present a vaccination certificate or a negative test.

Full details will be known by June 9th.

All our latest Covid related updates HERE.
Thanks for the update, hopefully it will all come together and we can get out there without too many restrictions.

mtbbeds are you aware of any restrictions on the lifts? Have to wear a mask? Only 1 person in an enclosed lift etc?

Lifts will prob be same as last year

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
well the good news is numbers down to 124, who knows what has to drop to to go green but if spain does in few weeks we will have an idea for the next time as its about half of Frances. I'd say if France puts us in orange its just cause thats what we done to them, once we change then they will too as what happened last year.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
mtbbeds wrote:
France has released first details of it's traffic light system -

RED - Complete ban. Travel from red countries is entirely prohibited unless is extreme circumstances in which case a strict quarantine must be observed.

ORANGE - Travel from and orange country will be allowed for any reason, including tourism, with proof of a completed course of an approved vaccine. These vaccine are; Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna. The UK's vaccine passport app will be recognised in France. If you are not vaccinated, conditions will apply but the details have not been released.

GREEN - Travel is allowed entirely unrestricted, travellers maybe asked to present a vaccination certificate or a negative test.

Full details will be known by June 9th.

All our latest Covid related updates HERE.
Thanks for the update, hopefully it will all come together and we can get out there without too many restrictions.

mtbbeds are you aware of any restrictions on the lifts? Have to wear a mask? Only 1 person in an enclosed lift etc?

Pleney (skipass Morzine) and Serma (Super Morzine) have told us no new restrictions, same as end of last summer. Masks at all times, distancing in queues. Quote - 'With only 2 bikers and 2 Bikes per Gondola, there is no specific changes for this summer'.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007998
Mobile Version of Website