The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Swiss saying will let people in from 28th either vaccinated or PCR tested so good for those flying if happens. Just need France to do same for me. Saying mid July for our vacation certs now so will need a test option.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
Swiss saying will let people in from 28th either vaccinated or PCR tested so good for those flying if happens. Just need France to do same for me. Saying mid July for our vacation certs now so will need a test option.
Easyjet have cancelled most flights to Geneva. Only a few are still flying. But still good news.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 2:04 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:

Surely France has already done the same ? (or is it coz you are in NI ?). Just checked with chalet Im staying at n some guys have arrived already with no probs driving from uk).

Im just waiting to here about Swiss rules (and transfers) and Ill be flying out next week.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 2:06 Quote
andydd wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

Surely France has already done the same ? (or is it coz you are in NI ?). Just checked with chalet Im staying at n some guys have arrived already with no probs driving from uk).

Im just waiting to here about Swiss rules (and transfers) and Ill be flying out next week.

Still 2 a week though from Gatwick n plenty available...I wonder if the suppossed new Swiss rules on 28th will make them add more ?

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 2:42 Quote
So anyone who is confused as me..I found this...basically if youve had both jabs you can arrive in Switzerland (and transit to France) without Quarentine and you dont need to show Test. (and yes..UK is country of concern).

"Entry from a country with a variant of the virus of concern

The current list of high-risk countries issued by the Federal Office of Public Health is to be revised and will only contain countries or regions where virus variants of concern to Switzerland are in circulation. Persons who have been vaccinated or who have recovered from the disease will be permitted to enter Switzerland from these countries or regions without having to be tested or to quarantine as long as it is certain that the vaccination offers good protection. Those who have neither been vaccinated nor have recovered must present a negative PCR test or rapid antigen test and go into quarantine on entry.

In practice, this means that persons who have been vaccinated or who have recovered do not have to produce a negative test even when travelling from countries where the Delta variant is widespread (such as India or the United Kingdom) and do not have to quarantine on entry. The vaccines used in Switzerland are only slightly less effective against the Delta variant and thus still offer a very high level of protection."

From - https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-84127.html

So..an edit..the bit about arriving by plane is confusing, there is a seperate pdf which says all plane arrivals need negative test but this bit contradicts that..

"Restrictions on entering Switzerland to be relaxed

The Federal Council has also decided to relax the requirements for entering Switzerland, as it proposed in the consultation. Persons entering from the Schengen area will no longer be required to quarantine. The requirement to be tested will now apply only to persons arriving by plane who have not been vaccinated or have not recovered from COVID-19. Contact details will still be required when arriving by plane. In addition, Switzerland is easing the existing entry restrictions for persons arriving from third countries who can prove they have been vaccinated. The list of countries issued by the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM) has been amended accordingly. It is now once again possible for third-country citizens travelling from countries such as the USA, Albania or Serbia to enter Switzerland."

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 2:53 Quote
Thats all good, but currently you need to isolate on return to UK. Although hoping this will change with the update due today

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 2:59 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Thats all good, but currently you need to isolate on return to UK. Although hoping this will change with the update due today

Yep.. dont bother me too plus Im gonna do whole season so will return in Sep when hopefully things will be better................which is what I thought last year..ha

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 4:09 Quote
The NHS app is only England, we waiting for NI to issue a vaccine certificate like scotland and wales, if you are not both vaccinated and can prove it with either certificate or app France wont let you in.. Irelands app wont be till end july.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 4:25 Quote
Not looking like France will change today, maybe in another 3 weeks.. Only Islands going green apparently..

thedad71 wrote:

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 5:17 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:

I phoned the swiss embassy today and they said that it is only if fully vaccinated (2 doses) i asked if i can provide a PCR result but she said that wasnt acceptable from the UK

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 5:53 Quote
But to add even if youve had both jabs you need test to enter France, but it can be the cheaper antigen one...

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
I've a ferry on reserve from Ireland to bilbao as it stands can get into Spain with just my passport lol Will try crossing the border in van, if can't get in its andorra for us..

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
This has just broke. Not good news!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/travel/france-to-quarantine-all-uk-arrivals-including-fully-vaccinated-travellers/ar-AALoKZd?ocid=msedgntp

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Been waiting on this but was hoping it would be August again, really don't want to be sitting on chairlift in fortbill with rain going sideways...

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
Twats...was worried about this...annoying that friends who already arrived avoid it....although its gonna be pretty hard for French to check

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009300
Mobile Version of Website