The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 4:55 Quote
That’s right atm , this is off the Uk gov site ;

For travellers aged 18 and over, France will recognise you as ‘vaccinated’ for entry purposes if you completed your initial vaccine course within the last 9 months. If more than 9 months have elapsed since your initial course, and you did not have a booster in that 9-month period, you will be considered as unvaccinated and must follow the separate rules detailed below.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:00 Quote
France has finally moved the UK to its Green list after keeping it on Amber for ages (Brexit politics at play).

So if you don’t meet the requirements of ‘fully vaccinated’ you can still present a PCR or lateral flow test to get into the country.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:02 Quote
You sure on the lateral flow as I read pcr only!

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:13 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
That’s right atm , this is off the Uk gov site ;

For travellers aged 18 and over, France will recognise you as ‘vaccinated’ for entry purposes if you completed your initial vaccine course within the last 9 months. If more than 9 months have elapsed since your initial course, and you did not have a booster in that 9-month period, you will be considered as unvaccinated and must follow the separate rules detailed below.

just for clarity... i have had 2 jabs and a booster (which was in December) and i am going out end of June. So i will be all good? (sorry for being retarded!)

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:20 Quote
Same as me and think we’ll be fine

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:35 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Same as me and think we’ll be fine

good stuff Big Grin

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:39 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:

Here in France Lateral Flow tests are known as Antigen tests. Has to be an official test though and not a home kit.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:43 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Have they been fully lifted, like it's 2019? Or it it still jab passports and face masks?
As if that's the case I'll wait till 2023.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

"If you’re not fully vaccinated:
From 31 March 2022, travellers from the UK aged 12 years and over who are not fully vaccinated need to provide:
A negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours or an antigen test result taken within 48 hours pre-departure."

Obviously this could change again but as many countries e.g. Netherlands have dropped all restrictions I'm actually quite optimistic this year.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
I've made it both years, I'm jabed up so that helped but still had forms and tests to do to get there and home etc. When was there last year had to be careful as had to test negative to get back home. 9th July for 2 weeks me n junior just, few lads camping in vans. Need big group for next year as not same without hottub lol

Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:

It was never PCR only, only needed antigen last summer.

Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
andydd wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

It was never PCR only, only needed antigen last summer.
That makes things abit easier for some I suppose Wink

Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
1st week in July we’re there if anyone fancies a beer !

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 0:27 Quote
Hi All, heading to Morzine again this years after 2 years away and looking to hire a bike from Alpine Sports. Does anyone know of any discount codes for their website? Cheers.

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
Heading to Les Gets from Asia in the end of june, anybody got anything I should look out for or any advise? LOL never been to a bike park before in my life, uplift is a new thing for me, never been shuttled before either Confused

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
Alps will eat your bike alive, especially if it’s wet. Bleed brakes, new sintered pads (take spares), new/not worn tyres (DD/DH casing rear), replace any bushings/bearings in frame & shock that are on their way out. Take a spare mech hanger.

Have fun, get loose and drink Mutzig at Bar Robinson.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.088300
Mobile Version of Website