The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
Trails are absolutely prime at the moment for those heading out soon. Survived 12 runs on my trail bike with minimal issues which must mean the trail crews have been busy.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 1:47 Quote
Hey all, apologies if it's a subject done to death.

I noticed Snowcard have recategorized "Downhill" to their highest tier of insurance.
So it's a touch more expensive than the last time I went the the PDS.

Who do people tend to go with?

I had always used Snowcard as they specifically state in their policy wording that they cover costs incurred by helicopter rescue.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 2:21 Quote
I use these , silver with hazardous activities added ;

https://www.insureandgo.com/

About £30

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 2:38 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Hey all, apologies if it's a subject done to death.

I noticed Snowcard have recategorized "Downhill" to their highest tier of insurance.
So it's a touch more expensive than the last time I went the the PDS.

Who do people tend to go with?

I had always used Snowcard as they specifically state in their policy wording that they cover costs incurred by helicopter rescue.

Thanks for the heads up. I've just upgraded my Snowcard policy to Pro Adventure and also increased my equipment cover as bike prices have risen substantially since I bought the policy in 2020.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 2:55 Quote
yellow jersery are who i have just used to cover me for the megavalanche.

just under £50 for the week,

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 3:39 Quote
Yeah snowcard about £100 for 2 weeks then whatever extra you add on. Saying that one simple phone call 2 years ago about canceled flights and having to drive as no flights available they paid out £1200 for my travel disruption. We also had a bad injury one year, long hospital stay, airlift and ambulance home, they where very good. I've gone with them this year again as better the devil you know sometimes for a few quid extra.

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 11:44 Quote
Rode les gets and la clusaz last week and this week, pretty awesome. Didn't feel unsafe in my half face, very fun overall, never ridden lift accesz and it was pretty easy to do. Gotta come back next year for sure.

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
averagerug wrote:
Rode les gets and la clusaz last week and this week, pretty awesome. Didn't feel unsafe in my half face, very fun overall, never ridden lift accesz and it was pretty easy to do. Gotta come back next year for sure.

Good man! Any favourite trails?

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
cains08 wrote:
averagerug wrote:

Good man! Any favourite trails?

100% for les gets, On the red line after tomawak theres a couple tech trails there, those are my favourites and into the skills park, also my favourite and then the 4x track but turning off after the berm after the jumps theres a tech section there, which both are also my favourite. Those are my favourite trails right there 100%

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
Heading out in a month. first time i went was in 2018 and I struggled to with my stamina, mainly in the forearms. Ive been trying to ride loosen my deathgrip on less heavy sections since then but still struggle from arm pump early on. I feel my cockpit is set to how I need it. Im gnna up my working out from now til then as well as getting out at riding local throughout the week on some enduro rides. Does anyone have any good routines they do before a upcoming holiday on the bike?

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
Beer relaxes me plus moved my brake levers to a near horizontal helps Wink

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
A couple of beers at lunch time normally sorts out arm pump for the afternoon

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
Fluci wrote:
Heading out in a month. first time i went was in 2018 and I struggled to with my stamina, mainly in the forearms. Ive been trying to ride loosen my deathgrip on less heavy sections since then but still struggle from arm pump early on. I feel my cockpit is set to how I need it. Im gnna up my working out from now til then as well as getting out at riding local throughout the week on some enduro rides. Does anyone have any good routines they do before a upcoming holiday on the bike?
Raise your bars a little, either with a spacer or higher rise ones. But beer does help!!

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
Fluci wrote:

Good suss setup, ideally full on dh forks coil but upto you, also softish Thick grips, low psi tubeless tyres with inserts, good brake lever placement

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
Arm pump can be as much about fitness as it is riding confidence.
The first couple of years I went to PDS I suffered terribly with arm pump.
As my riding progressed, my terror related clenching round the bars reduced and has become neutral.

I'm sure that brake lever position, grip compound, bar roll, suspension set up all affects your arms and hands over the course of a week of riding but ultimately arm pump is to do with how hard you're gripping the bars and this is likely confidence related.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008946
Mobile Version of Website