The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 3:04 Quote
Spank vibrocore bars, large foam grips not lockons, soften off compression on forks. Fit an insert in front tyre and run lower pressure.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Arm pump can be as much about fitness as it is riding confidence.
The first couple of years I went to PDS I suffered terribly with arm pump.
As my riding progressed, my terror related clenching round the bars reduced and has become neutral.

I'm sure that brake lever position, grip compound, bar roll, suspension set up all affects your arms and hands over the course of a week of riding but ultimately arm pump is to do with how hard you're gripping the bars and this is likely confidence related.

Yeah I found after a few years going I stopped getting it because I wasn't constantly in fear on every track. Try to consciously relax, breathe, look ahead and stay 'heavy feet light hands' as much as possible and this will help with it a lot. Thinner grips I find easier to hold onto with small hands as well.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
UK people - check your flights to Geneva, just had mine from Luton cancelled by Easyjet on 23rd July, they have rerouted me to Gatwick. Extra hour travel to airport and about £150 extra to park. PITA!!

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 14:36 Quote
Yeah they cancelled ours coming back to Manchester on the 12th. Put us on an earlier one so we lost a full day's riding. Wankers.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 0:48 Quote
Remember to claim your compensation if your flight has been delayed/cancelled.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
UK people - check your flights to Geneva, just had mine from Luton cancelled by Easyjet on 23rd July, they have rerouted me to Gatwick. Extra hour travel to airport and about £150 extra to park. PITA!!

Lol the staff at geneva didn't let my bike on the plane so now I'm in asia and my bike is in europe, with currently no way back home for it other than paying an outrageous amount for shipping. Airline I booked through is investigating but I don't have my hopes up for it, probably going to be a nightmare to figure this out. They told me to keep my bike and it wasn't their problem and they can't do anything or put it on the next flight and held me at check in until 10 mins before boarding, no solutions offered straight up and just kept telling me 'that's not my problem'. f*ck em Really Mad now I can't ride for now. New frame coming in but my parts are still stuck in geneva.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
averagerug wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

Lol the staff at geneva didn't let my bike on the plane so now I'm in asia and my bike is in europe, with currently no way back home for it other than paying an outrageous amount for shipping. Airline I booked through is investigating but I don't have my hopes up for it, probably going to be a nightmare to figure this out. They told me to keep my bike and it wasn't their problem and they can't do anything or put it on the next flight and held me at check in until 10 mins before boarding, no solutions offered straight up and just kept telling me 'that's not my problem'. f*ck em Really Mad now I can't ride for now. New frame coming in but my parts are still stuck in geneva.

Man, first time I've heard anything like that one. That's grim. Hope the trip was that successful that it goes someway to making it all worth it. Bastards.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
averagerug wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

Man, first time I've heard anything like that one. That's grim. Hope the trip was that successful that it goes someway to making it all worth it. Bastards.

Fun as hell, never ridden overseas and that was an eye opener for sure, so much new shit and way bigger stuff than what we have here. Still no news on the bike, and it's been 4 days since I arrived and 5 days since that stuff happened. Hope my bike gets to me soon. Hopefully the airline can put my bag on a flight to me, otherwise I'd have to pay 700ish in shipping which I don't want to do.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
averagerug wrote:
dglobulator wrote:
averagerug wrote:

Fun as hell, never ridden overseas and that was an eye opener for sure, so much new shit and way bigger stuff than what we have here. Still no news on the bike, and it's been 4 days since I arrived and 5 days since that stuff happened. Hope my bike gets to me soon. Hopefully the airline can put my bag on a flight to me, otherwise I'd have to pay 700ish in shipping which I don't want to do.

Do you have insurance? Surely someone is liable?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 10:55 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
averagerug wrote:
dglobulator wrote:

Do you have insurance? Surely someone is liable?

Yeah I did, but it ended 3 hours after immigration and I didn't know, so I'm too late but I might try my luck. Went down to lufthansa office to complain, turns out it doesn't handle customer service but managed to talk to a manager either way. Told me a way to get a higher chance of getting my stuff handled and getting it sent to higher ups so I'll give that a shot. If not, I'll just pay shipping (500 euros) because I want my bike back lmao.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
Is this because Airlines do not ‘guarantee’ to fly your bike when you book it on? I noticed in the small print when I booked a flight and bike box with Easyjet they actually make no guarantee they will load your bike, but I just assumed that was Easyjet BS.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 11:33 Quote
jtwickenden wrote:
Is this because Airlines do not ‘guarantee’ to fly your bike when you book it on? I noticed in the small print when I booked a flight and bike box with Easyjet they actually make no guarantee they will load your bike, but I just assumed that was Easyjet BS.

Happened a few years ago with easyJet flight from Liverpool. Plane was too full for bikes so about 10 landed without bikes. It was few days before they got them. Good reason to drive.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
jtwickenden wrote:

Happened a few years ago with easyJet flight from Liverpool. Plane was too full for bikes so about 10 landed without bikes. It was few days before they got them. Good reason to drive.

bloodyhell thats shocking... Would you say to decrease the chances of this happeneing, get to the airport check-in earlier than everyone else?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
Spank vibrocore bars, large foam grips not lockons, soften off compression on forks. Fit an insert in front tyre and run lower pressure.

what foam grips do you suggest man?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
Fluci wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

what foam grips do you suggest man?

I use these but can get thinner or thicker too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolftooth-Silicone-Standard-135mm-Black/dp/B01DWRGBCS/ref=asc_df_B01DWRGBCS/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310135571037&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10821033755396102129&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007276&hvtargid=pla-618000752567&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015483
Mobile Version of Website