PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:40 Quote
I use these

https://reverse-components.com/en/products/%C3%B8-34

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 2:12 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
jtwickenden wrote:
Is this because Airlines do not ‘guarantee’ to fly your bike when you book it on? I noticed in the small print when I booked a flight and bike box with Easyjet they actually make no guarantee they will load your bike, but I just assumed that was Easyjet BS.

Happened a few years ago with easyJet flight from Liverpool. Plane was too full for bikes so about 10 landed without bikes. It was few days before they got them. Good reason to drive.

Few days? I'm on day 6 and no solutions have been offered to me lmao.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 1:48 Quote
Flying out from MAN with easyjet on the 17th and starting to get things ready. Im planning on using a cardboard bike box from a local bike shop to take my bike and all my kit. Im going to pack the box with all my riding gear, clohing and shoes for the week. Reading Easyjets site, they claim only the bike can be in the box and nothing else. Read elsewhere in forums that nothing was checked in the past. Has anyone had any up to date experiences with easy jet in this matter?

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 2:28 Quote
It’s a security (X-ray) thing rather than an airline stipulation I believe? There is also a max weight which must not be exceeded.

With the state of the airlines at the moment I’d play it safe and stick to the rules, cheaper to book another hold bag than hire a bike in Morzine because yours didn’t arrive!

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 3:43 Quote
Last time I went was 2019.

I added some riding pads and other bits and bobs in with it and they didn't say anything.

I probably wouldn't go as far as putting all your riding gear/clothing in... Seems unnecessary if you're taking a checked bag as well??

Edit: What time is your flight? I'm flying out on the 30th on the morning flight. Would be handy to know what it's really like instead of reading the mad hyped up media bullshit.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
haroman666 wrote:

I added some riding pads and other bits and bobs in with it and they didn't say anything.

I probably wouldn't go as far as putting all your riding gear/clothing in... Seems unnecessary if you're taking a checked bag as well??

Edit: What time is your flight? I'm flying out on the 30th on the morning flight. Would be handy to know what it's really like instead of reading the mad hyped up media bullshit.

Wasnt planning on taking a checked bag, jsut the box and carry on luggage. But I may go that route now based on the reply above yours.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 6:29 Quote
Fluci wrote:
haroman666 wrote:

Wasnt planning on taking a checked bag, jsut the box and carry on luggage. But I may go that route now based on the reply above yours.

Last year I flew, I only had a few spare bits in my bike bag (tyre, some bike fluids etc) but some one checked in on the return with a bag so stuffed he had to take a smelly 5.10 out at the xray and put it in his carryon lol the security guy wasn't bothered and the airline hadn't questioned it at the check in.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 6:16 Quote
Heading out next week and I'm really keen to spend a day in morgins but not sure what the best way back is. Currently debating driving there from morzine because last time it took ages to get back (via chatel) and I don't want to waste time. Anyone know of a faster way back or should I just drive it and get there for lift open?

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 6:29 Quote
timsim07 wrote:
Heading out next week and I'm really keen to spend a day in morgins but not sure what the best way back is. Currently debating driving there from morzine because last time it took ages to get back (via chatel) and I don't want to waste time. Anyone know of a faster way back or should I just drive it and get there for lift open?

I'll be driving round a day myself , theres a way to drop down to champery, done it 20 odd years ago as part of passportes. Its 2hrs either way so you loose half day traveling. Well worth the drive. It also worth driving up to linderattes in morning to if the super morzine lift queues are bonkers, something we do for chatel/champery days.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
I drove there from Morzine. You don't run the risk of having a ride home if you miss a lift.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
I'll be driving round a day myself , theres a way to drop down to champery, done it 20 odd years ago as part of passportes. Its 2hrs either way so you loose half day traveling. Well worth the drive. It also worth driving up to linderattes in morning to if the super morzine lift queues are bonkers, something we do for chatel/champery days.

Perfect, we'll definitely drive it then!
Is it free to park at lindarets? If it is then that seems like a good option. Once queued for about 45 minutes for super-morzine which just feels like a massive waste of time

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
timsim07 wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

Perfect, we'll definitely drive it then!
Is it free to park at lindarets? If it is then that seems like a good option. Once queued for about 45 minutes for super-morzine which just feels like a massive waste of time
Yip free to park, just be up before 10 as new one way system this year, you have to go up to avoriaz then down to goat village after 10.

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
So just landed, 8 day pass or season pass, nothing in-between. No more 13day for 2 week stays. Our accom agent had discount so having to buy 2 passes but still best option.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
Hi All,

Heading out on the 23rd for the 7th year (missed the last 2 years for obvious reasons) we have hired electric bikes for a couple of days this year just to give them a go and were thinking of heading over to Switzerland for the 1st time.

Can anyone offer advice on directions, lifts, distances to get to Switzerland and then back into Morzine?

Cheers,
Nick

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 2:38 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
So just landed, 8 day pass or season pass, nothing in-between. No more 13day for 2 week stays. Our accom agent had discount so having to buy 2 passes but still best option.

how are the tracks, condition wise?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009697
Mobile Version of Website