The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
starkle wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
Im coming out on Saturday and wondering if I need to change my tyres? I have my usual combo of Magic Mary up front with Hans Dampf on the rear. Looking at the conditions it seems very dusty and loose. Being British this "dust" phenomenon is a little alien to me, will the Hans Dampf be OK? I have the option of putting a Big Betty on from another bike, would this be better? or I could even get another one completely, maybe another Magic Mary. Any suggestions?

I'm exactly the same, but it seems difficult to find anything decent in stock Frown
Ebay, highonbikes seems to have all schwalbe in stock with 2/3 day delivery

Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 12:32 Quote
@cains08 second that

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
I took a pair of these and were pretty good and cheap ;

https://www.merlincycles.com/schwalbe-magic-mary-addix-bike-park-wired-tyre-275-113271.html

I did look at those actually, but was hoping for something I can use post Trip.

Found a soft super gravity MM in stock so ordered that Cool

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 2:02 Quote
starkle wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

https://www.merlincycles.com/schwalbe-magic-mary-addix-bike-park-wired-tyre-275-113271.html

I wouldn't worry about that, my rear will be done if lasts 8 days, already changed a part worn 3c after 5. So loose on top rear is sliding everywhere lol

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 3:50 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
starkle wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

I wouldn't worry about that, my rear will be done if lasts 8 days, already changed a part worn 3c after 5. So loose on top rear is sliding everywhere lol

I had a 3C DD DHR last year that lasted pretty well for 11 days, but it was no where near as dusty as it seems to be at the minute!

Hans Dampf on the back currently which may be quite interesting on the floaty stuff lol

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 23:15 Quote
We got a thundershower about 3am... Tarmac almost dry again at 8am so will have dampened down a bit. Chatel I think got lotore all night and there's still rumble of thunder now from lake Geneva direction. It was extremely hot yesterday but feels like a change in air now. There's few showers in forecast from now on so might be back to normal.

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 23:50 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
We got a thundershower about 3am... Tarmac almost dry again at 8am so will have dampened down a bit. Chatel I think got lotore all night and there's still rumble of thunder now from lake Geneva direction. It was extremely hot yesterday but feels like a change in air now. There's few showers in forecast from now on so might be back to normal.

Tah for the updates, super hyped tup
How are the lift queues looking?

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 1:44 Quote
Loving these updates guys tup

I've been on the Michelin Wild Enduros the last two years in the UK and loving them, best tire setup I've had the pleasure of

With all this dust though I'm wondering if the tread isn't deep enough on the rear and if it's worth running two fronts. I'm not out until mid August so plenty of time for conditions to change yet

Beyond hyped to get out, went 3 years in a row before covid and then missed it for 2 summers due to covid, can't wait to be sitting on those chairlifts again

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 2:41 Quote
Is Les Gets Airline open this year?

I recall people saying it was closed last year or two...

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 3:01 Quote
tom666 wrote:
With all this dust though I'm wondering if the tread isn't deep enough on the rear and if it's worth running two fronts. I'm not out until mid August so plenty of time for conditions to change yet

Last year I just stuck a DHF DHRii combo and got on with it, this year I'm obsessing over tyres Rolleyes

MM/HD currently, with a spare MM and picking up a lightly used Wild enduro racing line rear so should have most bases covered lol

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 5:12 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Loving these updates guys tup

I've been on the Michelin Wild Enduros the last two years in the UK and loving them, best tire setup I've had the pleasure of

Beyond hyped to get out, went 3 years in a row before covid and then missed it for 2 summers due to covid, can't wait to be sitting on those chairlifts again

I used the Wild's back in 2019 on the Plenny & Chatel and found them pretty good.
But better is DHR II rear and a Vee Flow Snap WCE gravity 2.5 on the front.

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 7:22 Quote
Les gets airline is gone. The WC track cuts down there and Dan's la gas. It's jumps are bigger now too. It very rough getting. Was soo smooth 12 days ago. Pleney black was sweet this morning as hasn't crumbled the same as under zore out in sun. Chatel was good yesterday, very fast. Morgins very loose, no braking bumps but just getting rough. Temp dropped back to normal, been over 35 and baking sunshine with no breeze as week. Hopefully they get bit of maintenance done on berms if get some rain at nights. Just had an hour's thunder ⚡ rain. Down road from super as lifts closed. Rain stopped n radar clear but thunder over chatel/ morgins way now. 2 day left biking then 24hrs back to Norn Iron..

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
Ahhhh that sucks that Airline is gone.

I had seen the new building work on Dans L'gaz though so that might make up for it.

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 8:59 Quote
I love that DH trail down from SM lift especially the step bits after the downed tree at halfway , abit tricky when damp mind lol
Anyone ride the new jumppark at les nauchets ? I managed the 1st 3 and a few drops but didn’t have the balls for the rest , they’re not very forgiving and it was very loose !
That was my excuse lol

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
I love that DH trail down from SM lift especially the step bits after the downed tree at halfway , abit tricky when damp mind lol
Head down the red on the right hand side down zore and then cut off to the right, there's some amazing unmarked tech trails down there. Not easy by any means and in the wet they'd be lethal but with the dust they've been working fairly well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.049834
Mobile Version of Website