PB Forum :: Downhill
Demo 8 vs Glory DH
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
I'm wondering between these two bikes:
photo

and
photo

The question here is: Which frame will be better for DH, 'cause the part are almost the same.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 1:05 Quote
both are suppose to be good I don't know fully about the glory but I don't lie demo's after ridding 2 of them with completely different builds, both were to heavy and I hated it(!) id rather have my patriot any day.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 1:35 Quote
Demo all the way, Way better suspension, it soaks up everything. The glory iv never been satisfied with, the only thing it has over the demo is it corners a bit better. But the glory is about 43 out of the box and the demo is about 39.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 4:40 Quote
Besides glorys are really fugly in my opinion. Demos on the other hand are a tribute to master engineering!

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 10:41 Quote
10x for the advices. I'll get Demo deffinitely, i also liked it more.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
No wai man. For DH the glory is properly set up. Comes with a 42t chainring and dh gearing, the spesh has like an AM cassette. The glory's maestro suspension is far better than FSR. The glory'll be faster down the hill.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
The glory is 46 out of the box and I got mine down to 41.6. I feel the glory has better suspension than the demo as it sucks up bumbs better and pedals better. I had built up my Demo to 37 lbs. and still like the feel of the glory better. But that's just me.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
G L O R Y

besides vpp, maestro is one of the most efficient systems i have ever ridden, esp. for downhill. I dont know what you guys mean, but the glory is beautiful!

plus the glory costs less with about the same grade components

....it is a bit heavier though, but it still plows

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
I rode my friends glory dh for a day and it didnt feel anywhere as active as my demo, it does corner well but it just dosent obsorbe terain like the demo, and glory dosent jump anywhere as good as my demo

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
i am having the same problem beetween the norco atomik and the specialized demo 7, which one is better?Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
Andy-M wrote:
No wai man. For DH the glory is properly set up. Comes with a 42t chainring and dh gearing, the spesh has like an AM cassette. The glory's maestro suspension is far better than FSR. The glory'll be faster down the hill.

Specialized Demo comes with a DH cassette. The suspension doesn't mean a shit since almost every type of suspension has got a world cup win, everything from the over-tech vpp to the crappy single pivot/faux bar. It all comesdown to the rider and what suits you the best. It's all what you think is best for you, I think the Demo felt better for me so placed my money on a Demo.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
iamsocool15 wrote:
i am having the same problem beetween the norco atomik and the specialized demo 7, which one is better?Blank Stare

Atomik won't even come near the specialized Demo. But what are you going to use it for? Atomik is dh, demo 7 is freeride. Would instead get the Demo 8.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
iamsocool15 wrote:
norco's are shit, everyone knows demo's are alot better.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
+1 Glory. Demo's are horrible dh bikes.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
chr157y wrote:
iamsocool15 wrote:
norco's are shit, everyone knows demo's are alot better.
i am looking for a dh OR freeride bike...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009239
Mobile Version of Website