Demo 8 vs Glory DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Demo 8 vs Glory DH
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 7:09 Quote
Wait til Sam Hill rides a Norco... everyone will want one... hahahahaha

There are pros and cons to each design... there's is no one best... As for how single pivots are inferior, i find that bs... hell, Gee, the world champion this year was on a single pivot...

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 7:28 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:
Wait til Sam Hill rides a Norco... everyone will want one... hahahahaha

There are pros and cons to each design... there's is no one best... As for how single pivots are inferior, i find that bs... hell, Gee, the world champion this year was on a single pivot...

Yeah but this is what pinkbike is all about: BS! Only cuz the VPP/DW is so much more high-tech than the single pivots doesnt mean they are inferior. Since most of the WC wins have been on single pivots that tells us a lot. People just want to argue about shit they don't know anything about.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
i had a glory and now i have a demo 9 and i think the demo is way better bike and it absorbs the trail better and jumps better and also pedals better. and even though both bikes are heavy stock you can easily get both of the sub 40 pound easily. i have a super heavy wheelset and my bike is 40.7 as soon as i switch my brakes and shifter my bike will be sub 40 and i coluld cut 2 pounds off of my wheels for some race wheels

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
k, thx for all the comments, i probly will go with the demo because i do not now much about giants...

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
[Quote="iamsocool15"]k, thx for all the comments, i probly will go with the demo because i do not now much about giants...[/Quote Giants are the shit there suspension is one of the best pedling suspensions out there and so u can turn pro pedle right off so your small bump ride is really good plus there cheaper cause GIANT MAKES MOST OF THE OTHER COMPANY'S FRAMES

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 9:02 Quote
calm downAttention just my thoght:Pjeez! i HATE giants!:P:P

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
I have my Glory sitting @40lbs right now with a few nice upgrades and a couple tips and tricks Mitch helped me out with. Thanks Mitch!!!
The Demo is a choo choo train that says I think I can. The Glory just does it!!!! You can tweak any bike but you cant fool your suspension to think its better. Maestro all the way!!!!
I've owned both. I dont own the demo anymore why because I chose the better ride. I own a place 15 mintues from the resort my buddy's place has 10 acres with jumps.
I have been riding now for over 10 years and have owned numerous rides Ellsworth Dare, Santa VP Free, Demo's, RMX, IH Sunday I consider myself somewhat of a bike freak always looking for the better ride. So far Glory and Sunday are the two I would stick with for the long run. Thats my personal choice. My demo 2 lbs lighter and not a faster bike. I keep a speedo on my bikes to time runs and see what speed I can reach & where I max out at. Crazy the amount of km's you can put on a bike in a day at a resort.
Here are reviews on the Glory
Glory best of mtbr 2008 5 stars
http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/downhill-full-suspension/giant/glory-dh/PRD_412894_1542crx.aspx
review on the GLORY DH
http://www.asilvertouch.com/articles.php?id=116

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
anyone who says that the demo is a bad bike is obviously on something or they just suck and wouldnt know a good bike if it came up and bit them in the a$$. The demo is a beast! period

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
iamsocool15 wrote:

you should do alittle more research on the giant both designsa really nice... butif you only going to get a demo cause yoknow more about them, then you should take the time to learn more about the glory dh. instead of listening to these stupid opinions go a shop do your research ride the bikes and make n educated decission

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 10:14 Quote
wow! a mature opinion on pinkbike...i completely agree with unclesmonkey

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
unclesmokey84 wrote:
iamsocool15 wrote:

you should do alittle more research on the giant both designsa really nice... butif you only going to get a demo cause yoknow more about them, then you should take the time to learn more about the glory dh. instead of listening to these stupid opinions go a shop do your research ride the bikes and make n educated decission
thx, but where i live, i edmonton, at united cycle, they do not stock glory dh, but i tried the demo 7 and LOVEDFab it!!

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
iamsocool15 wrote:
unclesmokey84 wrote:
iamsocool15 wrote:

thx, but where i live, i edmonton, at united cycle, they do not stock glory dh, but i tried the demo 7 and LOVEDFab it!!
where is closest gianealer to you....

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
unclesmokey84 wrote:
iamsocool15 wrote:
unclesmokey84 wrote:

where is closest gianealer to you....
nowhere in st. albert, edmonton or sherwood park!:-I

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
chipsdipsaus wrote:
twigme wrote:
I rode my friends glory dh for a day and it didnt feel anywhere as active as my demo, it does corner well but it just dosent obsorbe terain like the demo, and glory dosent jump anywhere as good as my demo
What does your friend weight? He may be heavier than you then his suspension is set up differently, don't forget that.

I never rode a glory or a demo, so I don't know witch one is better.

he is only 10lbs more then me dude

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
I have never ridden any of the bikes but I think the glory looks best. It's reasonably simple compared to the demo which looks kind of 'sloppy' and bulky.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028210
Mobile Version of Website