Noobie Help Please!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Noobie Help Please!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
Hello, i recently took my bike into the shop, because it was making some squeaking sounds. At the bike shop, the head mechanic told me that my bike needed a new "bottom bracket", now, i have no idea what that is, and he put in a new one for me. Anyway, im just wondering that because i changed my "bottom bracket" should i also install a new top braket too? Or will my top bracket be fine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Remember, i am a noob at biking, so please dont flame me. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
Comebackid wrote:
Hello, i recently took my bike into the shop, because it was making some squeaking sounds. At the bike shop, the head mechanic told me that my bike needed a new "bottom bracket", now, i have no idea what that is, and he put in a new one for me. Anyway, im just wondering that because i changed my "bottom bracket" should i also install a new top braket too? Or will my top bracket be fine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Remember, i am a noob at biking, so please dont flame me. Thanks in advance.
No you should be fine! I am pretty sure you don't have a top bracket to be replaced and thanks for making my day!Beer

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
OK well the bottom bracket is what makes the cranks spin, you can't see it, but it holds them in place and makes then turn. The cranks are the metal things that hold your pedals. You bike doesn't have a top bracket ( no bike does). The bottom bracket is just called that because it's on the bottom of your bike I guess.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Comebackid wrote:
No you should be fine! I am pretty sure you don't have a top bracket to be replaced and thanks for making my day!Beer

Oh, alright, thanks for all the help!! Wow, i feel extra noob now. And your welcome, for making your day, i guess....:S

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
Comebackid wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Comebackid wrote:

Oh, alright, thanks for all the help!! Wow, i feel extra noob now. And your welcome, for making your day, i guess....:S
I am a jerk! We all had to learn at one time or another. At least I wasn't an ass like some of the others on here!

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
Ok, thanks man. I feel better now, lets just say i got a few extra scars on my wrists now, and their not from biking! Emo

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
thats what the forums are for! O:

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
Agreed, always ask if you are unsure.

Although i have to admit, the top bracket part provided me with a little entertainment Big Grin .

But yeah, always ask.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
lol, alright, thanks guys!!

THREAD CLOSED!!!!!!

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 6:37 Quote
Holy freakin crap...I gotta say....I am VERY proud of all of you! Like...I'm ASTOUNDED at the reserve you've all shown! I mean....this is PINKBIKE!

As to the noob(and even I am biting my tongue here)...but get on some websites like Jensonusa.com and pricepoint.com and just start scrolling through the parts lists. It's the fastest, easiest, least DANGEROUS way to figure out what does what!
And now I have to leave this thread....cough...can't...breath...spitting...flames!

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
well, everyone would have been at that point sometime Big Grin
maybe its just a day where everyone is holding back the laughter Wink

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010027
Mobile Version of Website