How is this being holded?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
How is this being holded?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
How is the ladder atached to the base if the stringers are not wide enough to pass a nail through it w/o splitting it?

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
its hard to tell what is nailed to what from that picture. a closer short would help.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
looks fine to me. it just looks like the cross boards where put at a funny angle making them look like they arnt nailed

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
the ladder isn't necessarily nailed to the A-frame. It would still be stable without nails, it can't slide to the sides, and presumably the beginning of the ladder is held in place somehow, so the ladder won't slip backwards off the base either.

edit: thanks for catching that \/ \/

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
the ladder *isn't* necessarily nailed to the A-frame.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
so why doesnt it move?

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
YOu can pound nails through the side of a 3x4 at an angle so it goes into the board below it.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
i would never build something of this height with that width of board( which appears to be 2x4? 4x1? it's thin whatever it is). i would not use it on the columns/Aframe, not on the stringers, i don't even like it as decking. i suppose it works since this guy is going off it, and i see the lateral supports built into the columns, but its really a wooden stunt of low quality.i suppose this sounds rude of me, and i don't intend to argue about it, but this should not be a stunt worth pondering the manner of build. feel free to look in my photos under guerilla bastards for my approach and methods of trailbuilding.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
they arent 2x4's... that looks like 1x4 strapping or 1x6... i just took a quick glance at it...

Edit: it seems like the ladder portion is nailed horizontally from the posts...

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
hahahaha, holded, too funny

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011302
Mobile Version of Website