Santa Cruz Bullit vs. Transition Bottle Rocket

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Santa Cruz Bullit vs. Transition Bottle Rocket
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
Some XCers have to run 8 inch rotors with XTR because they don't get enough stopping power with smaller rotors. These are average weight guys to, like 170 pounds.
actually, i m so thin, my weight is only 120 lbs

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
john1022 wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
Some XCers have to run 8 inch rotors with XTR because they don't get enough stopping power with smaller rotors. These are average weight guys to, like 170 pounds.
eat

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
Still, unless your a weight weenie (which I doubt), there are cheaper, more powerful options than XTR.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:21 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
Still, unless your a weight weenie (which I doubt), there are cheaper, more powerful options than XTR.
yes. formula k18 or k24, juicy 7, elixer, stroker(even tho they suck), xt, codes, or saint

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
pake wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
yes. formula k18 or k24, juicy 7, elixer, stroker(even tho they suck), xt, codes, or saint
I agree with the formula, juicy elixir and XT part (don't forget SLX). Codes and new saint have to much power for him if he is that light. And I could never recommend strokers to anyone in good consciousness.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
pake wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
I agree with the formula, juicy elixir and XT part (don't forget SLX). Codes and new saint have to much power for him if he is that light. And I could never recommend strokers to anyone in good consciousness.
oh yeah, i forgot hes only like 120, if that light then the 7s would prolly be the best since they can be found at pricpoint for like $130 per wheel for the 203mm

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
For a bullit, a 7 inch in the rear is plenty, because for some reason there really isn't much weight over the rear end of the bike, so you find yourself skidding more that usual.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
For a bullit, a 7 inch in the rear is plenty, because for some reason there really isn't much weight over the rear end of the bike, so you find yourself skidding more that usual.
yeah that makes sense. lack of linkage is the cause?

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
Dunno, its just how it is, upside is it makes for amazing drifting capabilitys.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
eat
haha
I tried,
come on man,
I m chinese from Hong Kong lol
thats why i m so skinny
so use the juicy 7??
or XT??

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

eat
haha
I tried,
come on man,
thats why i m so skinny
so use the juicy 7??
or XT??
juicy 7s, because they are proven for everything, where as xt is more on the trail, all mountain, xc side.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

eat
haha
I tried,
come on man,
thats why i m so skinny
so use the juicy 7??
or XT??
juicy 7s, because they are proven for everything, where as xt is more on the trail, all mountain, xc side.
i have seen xts on dh nikes before

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
poozank wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

haha
I tried,
come on man,
thats why i m so skinny
so use the juicy 7??
or XT??
i have too, but it the 7s are still better for dh/fr and i think better for trail/all mtn

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
pake wrote:
poozank wrote:
pake wrote:

i have too, but it the 7s are still better for dh/fr and i think better for trail/all mtn
I ll try to put my XC's XT brake on tomorrow,
and should I use chainguard? or just a rockring??

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
Are you running single or double rings? Either way get a chainguide, they're totally worth it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021272
Mobile Version of Website