Year Round Training program.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Year Round Training program.
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
i was just wondering gnarcore, do you race?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
jinx wrote:
Deadlift is a back exercise. Why don't you have any row exercise? Like seated row, dumbell row, t-bar row etc? Don't forget the lats mate Smile

Arms: Close Grip Pulldowns, Bent-over Barbell Rows, One Arm Row, T-bar row, Lat Pulldown, Seated Row, Dumbell Flys Dips, Incline Dumbbell Press, Wrist Curls, Tricep Pulldowns, Tricep Kickback, Overhead Tricep Extentions

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
downhill101 wrote:

Yeah i do

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
jinx wrote:
Deadlift is a back exercise. Why don't you have any row exercise? Like seated row, dumbell row, t-bar row etc? Don't forget the lats mate Smile

Arms: Close Grip Pulldowns, Bent-over Barbell Rows, One Arm Row, T-bar row, Lat Pulldown, Seated Row, Dumbell Flys Dips, Incline Dumbbell Press, Wrist Curls, Tricep Pulldowns, Tricep Kickback, Overhead Tricep Extentions

Only so you know, row has more to do with your back than your arms and shoulders. You'd be better off moving them to your back program.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
jinx wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
jinx wrote:

Only so you know, row has more to do with your back than your arms and shoulders. You'd be better off moving them to your back program.

they do a lot for both, But im not gonna bother moving them especially since your grouping should be back and arms. its not a big deal

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 22:44 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
downhill101 wrote:

Yeah i do
ok just wondering casue ive never seen you at any of them before, your tips are really good. But ppl have to remember that everyone is going to be different in their training and in what they eat. It all has to do with your body type and such. My program is simillar but i do alot more cardio and only 3 times a week with the weights. But i also do alot of other small stuff with med balls and stuff. THat kinda stuff works you in wieght training never will but its good to do both. Also you never really talk about other activites such as hockey and skiing. BOth of which are excellent workouts

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 2:01 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
jinx wrote:
gnarkore wrote:

they do a lot for both, But im not gonna bother moving them especially since your grouping should be back and arms. its not a big deal

Well, it is. Go to a serious training forum instead of pinkbike and everyone will wonder how the h*ll you put that training program together. Almost half of your "arm exercises" consists of back training exercises. Don't get me wrong here now, there's nothing wrong with different training programs but you ought to know how your body works. Since back is one of the most important muscle groups you should train it separate from other muscle groups. Whatever you choose to do, good luck with your training Smile

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
downhill101 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
downhill101 wrote:

Yeah i do
ok just wondering casue ive never seen you at any of them before, your tips are really good. But ppl have to remember that everyone is going to be different in their training and in what they eat. It all has to do with your body type and such. My program is simillar but i do alot more cardio and only 3 times a week with the weights. But i also do alot of other small stuff with med balls and stuff. THat kinda stuff works you in wieght training never will but its good to do both. Also you never really talk about other activites such as hockey and skiing. BOth of which are excellent workouts

hockey/skating is something but for cardio, running, swimming and spinning are by far the best.

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
Any activity where you are moving is good Cardio. Skating is actually very similar too swimming. You use your entire body too propel you forward, only difference is that you don't have the resistance from the water

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
downhill101 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:

Yeah i do

hockey/skating is something but for cardio, running, swimming and spinning are by far the best.
running actually isnt that great of cardio, swimming is excellent tho same with hockey. 50 meters of swimming is the same as running over 400 meters. so you can see running isnt overly that great for cardio, it is however very good for building muscel and power

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
downhill101 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
downhill101 wrote:

running actually isnt that great of cardio, swimming is excellent tho same with hockey. 50 meters of swimming is the same as running over 400 meters. so you can see running isnt overly that great for cardio, it is however very good for building muscel and power

Please be kind to post a link to a scientific research that can support your bs.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 7:20 Quote
jinx wrote:
downhill101 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:

Please be kind to post a link to a scientific research that can support your bs.
sorry i dont have a link, i got the info from my trainer, who was on the national track team and has 6 olympic athletes under his trainning right now. You dont have to believe me but its true. And somehow i think he would know a little more about this stuff than anyone on here

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 7:27 Quote
downhill101 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
downhill101 wrote:

For power yea, but I think your mis quoting the muscle building part. It can make the muscles you require for running more visible, but not build them.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 8:02 Quote
downhill101 wrote:
jinx wrote:
downhill101 wrote:

sorry i dont have a link, i got the info from my trainer, who was on the national track team and has 6 olympic athletes under his trainning right now. You dont have to believe me but its true. And somehow i think he would know a little more about this stuff than anyone on here

You wont build muscle by running. Maybe your muscles will grow a tiny bit bigger, but not enough to make you bigger. As I said, without a scientific report I wont believe that bs.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 8:10 Quote
jinx wrote:
downhill101 wrote:
jinx wrote:

You wont build muscle by running. Maybe your muscles will grow a tiny bit bigger, but not enough to make you bigger. As I said, without a scientific report I wont believe that bs.

probably not grw at all, cadrio makes muscle leaner as well, you probably wont build muscle from running, especially concidering cardo can actually shrink muscle mass.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041991
Mobile Version of Website