Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
brigand wrote:
You deffo need 3wt RS oil, nothing else will do.

Doesn't need to be RS fluid. any will do. I just wouldn't stray too far from 3 wt unless you want to drastically affect your low speed damping. 10 wt is crazy. Dunno what your shop were thinking...

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
Does anyone else make 3wt, it was a d*ck move by RS IMO.

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 11:00 Quote
brigand wrote:
Does anyone else make 3wt, it was a d*ck move by RS IMO.
A 1L bottle of 3 wt will last ages.

Are you really complaining about needing a $30 bottle of oil to service your $450 shock ten times?

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 13:14 Quote
Bought mine online from Germany, shipping was more expensive. And i already had 5wt, 7.5wt and 10wt at home.

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 13:31 Quote
A bottle of 2.5wt or 3wt is no more expensive for me than any other wt of fluid....

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 17:29 Quote
Oke gabriel thanks for your answer, I already buy the Maxima 3wt oil fluid for my shock
I just need go to a better mechanic to bled my shock

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 21:03 Quote
skybluuzz wrote:
Oke gabriel thanks for your answer, I already buy the Maxima 3wt oil fluid for my shock
I just need go to new LBS to OVERHAUL my shock
FYP Razz

Go back and see if they will refund, if not take your business elsewhere, your paying a "professional" to do it properly. And if they don't it shouldn't become your problem.

Edit: and why would you by oil if your getting it done by a shop?

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 23:34 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
skybluuzz wrote:
I just need go to new LBS to OVERHAUL my shock
FYP Razz

Go back and see if they will refund, if not take your business elsewhere, your paying a "professional" to do it properly. And if they don't it shouldn't become your problem.

Edit: and why would you by oil if your getting it done by a shop?

thanks T
I think they will not refund it at any cost, i will search another LBS with better mechanic
well just in case if they doesn't have the 3wt oil and i just pay the overhaul service cost, so i can keep the rest of my oil for next overhaul Big Grin

If i have the right tools maybe i will overhaul it all by myself

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 1:45 Quote
Rockshox have pretty well written service manuals online. I'd try it yourself and if it doesn't work then take it to a shop

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 12:23 Quote
You need a pin spanner for the sealhead and the air valve adaptor. If you plan on having rockshox shocks for a while this is a worthwhile investment but if the vivid is just temporary and you only plan on servicing it once then may aswell get your LBS to do it.

http://www.bicyclehero.com/gb/rockshox-4pin-spanner-air-valve-torx-vivid.html?gclid=COTO8-LajssCFckaGwodAWkDrA

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 11:46 Quote
Guys i have a Trek Session 88. I weigh 80 Kg. Calculators suggest 475 spring. I am on a 500Lbs spring with maximum preload and i keep bottoming my rear shock. It's a Van Rc. And it is new. Should i send it for service? Already feeling the bike is too stiff because i have a lot of low speed compression to help with bottoming out.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 12:16 Quote
Get a stronger compression tune for your shock then dial down your LSC and preload to base settings.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 17:14 Quote
Try a slightly stiffer spring.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 10:19 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Get a stronger compression tune for your shock then dial down your LSC and preload to base settings.

^^^^^this.
A stiffer spring really wont make that much difference, unless you make it so stiff the bike rides like a pogo stick.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 14:03 Quote
Guys what would you prefer for all around setup?

More sag and faster rebound or less sag and slower rebound?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010782
Mobile Version of Website