Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 13:46 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
76kg?
I am 94 as I get 20kgs during injury. I have 230psi and 0 bands in my Vivid. Bottoming out only when I'm doing stupid hucks. So I cant get this

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 13:55 Quote
What bike are you on though. The demos linkage is very linear so I need as much help with ramp up as possible. I'm running 185psi

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 1:25 Quote
hi need some help
for a lapierre spicy 2013 with a 13 monarch plus tune ML and want to upgrade for a debonair
does a debonair MM tune will be allrigth ?
need opinions

thanks

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 19:02 Quote
are you doing a one-for-one swap? i'm not 100% but i thought the debonair was essentially a different air chamber / air can and could be retro fitted. and not sure again if that applies to 2013 models?? I was gonna say try putting the debonair air can on the shock you got.

also i think its not impossible to make it a ML tune - something to do with re-arranging the order of 2 shims in the stack??? it could be an easy DIY otherwise a local shop handy with suspension could help if another pinkbiker member can't comment

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 19:11 Quote
but to answer you question, the compression damping will be less. L=low vs M=medium

are you a heavier rider? do you use the open or middle setting mostly?

your compression will be less effective. if you ride now mostly in full open then middle should get you a similar feel. if you ride mostly in middle then you can expect more pedal bob and blow thru travel hitting berms, pre-loading for jumps, and when pumping the trail in general.

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 13:50 Quote
I've spent time on a 2013 HV and a 2016 HV M+ and i have to say i like the 2013 better, RS changed to digressive compression in 2014 and the shocks feel harsher with negligible better pedaling performance.

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 1:34 Quote
thanks for the info guys
will try test for a ride before lose some euros

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 2:20 Quote
Custom tuned shock is better than a new one in most cases. Get it tuned to your bike, weight and style.

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 12:26 Quote
machuqueiro wrote:
thanks for the info guys
will try test for a ride before lose some euros
just buy the Debonair air can?

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 4:15 Quote
depends if the year he's got can take it

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
hi guys I was looking at a bike with a rockshox monarch R - the rebound is very very very very slow about 5 seconds no matter where the dial is turned to. surprisingly sag is about 30%.

after i left the guy said he pumped up the shock and it's rebounding fine now (i haven't been back - long drive).

surely there's something wrong with it? it's an 2 year old model that looks like it just came out of the box.

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 20:23 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
hi guys I was looking at a bike with a rockshox monarch R - the rebound is very very very very slow about 5 seconds no matter where the dial is turned to. surprisingly sag is about 30%.

after i left the guy said he pumped up the shock and it's rebounding fine now (i haven't been back - long drive).

surely there's something wrong with it? it's an 2 year old model that looks like it just came out of the box.

Could be that there was very little air in it, so next time, pump it up to your pressure, and test.

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 21:51 Quote
goytay wrote:
chickenrunz wrote:

Could be that there was very little air in it, so next time, pump it up to your pressure, and test.

If there was little air in it wouldn't the sag be very high? The sag was normal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011291
Mobile Version of Website