Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 9:06 Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
is it possible to put volume spacers in x fusion rear air shocks.

cant find anything online about it

I emailed x fusion about this and they said that they didn't offer volume spacers, i tried some rockshox bands,but didnt notice any real difference.

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 at 21:55 Quote
hi,
I am looking to upgrade my rock shocks monarch plus rc3 to a dvo topaz. The monarch plus is a 216x63(8.5x2.5) and i can only find a dvo 215x63(still a 8.5x2.5) does that mm make a difference because they are both measured the same in inches.
Thanks

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 3:15 Quote
braden-linde wrote:
hi,
I am looking to upgrade my rock shocks monarch plus rc3 to a dvo topaz. The monarch plus is a 216x63(8.5x2.5) and i can only find a dvo 215x63(still a 8.5x2.5) does that mm make a difference because they are both measured the same in inches.
Thanks

Nar wont make a difference bro.

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 12:23 Quote
Does anyone know of a spec sheet out there that will show me how much air pressure I should put in my fork according to my weight? This would make it quick for me so I don’t have to screw with sag and stuff.
I run a 2015 fox 34 factory.
Thanks.

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 13:11 Quote
Beardmx9 wrote:
Does anyone know of a spec sheet out there that will show me how much air pressure I should put in my fork according to my weight? This would make it quick for me so I don’t have to screw with sag and stuff.
Thanks.

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=515

search for "Suggested Starting Points for Setting Sag"

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 6:01 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
Beardmx9 wrote:
Thanks.

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=515

search for "Suggested Starting Points for Setting Sag"

Thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 23:25 Quote
Hopefully this is the eight place:

Looking to upgrade and beef up the fork on my 2013 Trek Stache. It came with a 120mm fork, should it be ok going up to 140 or is 20mm pushing my luck and I should stick to 130?

Thanks in advance

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 4:25 Quote
shadow-flier wrote:

Looking to upgrade and beef up the fork on my 2013 Trek Stache. It came with a 120mm fork, should it be ok going up to 140 or is 20mm pushing my luck and I should stick to 130?

Thanks in advance

yeah go for it!

what fork are you looking at? it you can make it overly progressive then run a bit more sag that will off set that extra 10mm

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 17:07 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
shadow-flier wrote:

Thanks in advance

yeah go for it!

what fork are you looking at? it you can make it overly progressive then run a bit more sag that will off set that extra 10mm

Excellent. Was just going to put a Fox34 on there to beef it out and give me a bit more confidence through sketchier terrain

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 5:12 Quote
shadow-flier wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:
shadow-flier wrote:

Thanks in advance

yeah go for it!

Excellent. Was just going to put a Fox34 on there to beef it out and give me a bit more confidence through sketchier terrain

if you can get it for a good price
also you might be able to tweak the travel to get that 130mm if that's the sweet spot

ahh - it looks like changing travel requires fitting a new air shaft prob not worth it...

at worse it could be a little too slack (if you could ever say that these days) and the BB will be a tad high (like in mm not cm) meaning the centre of balance is not "optimum" for snappy transition into your turns.

no less than 30% sag, a bit extra slow speed compression (if u can independently adj that), and them fox volume tokens are gonna see pretty sorted.

disclaimer - some folk go on about voiding frame warranties so you might want to look into that if that stuff concerns you

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
2017 Fox Float X vs 2017 Rockshox Super Deluxe? If I can buy either around the same price, what is the best option? Fox Float has less use though.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
jkelm wrote:
2017 Fox Float X vs 2017 Rockshox Super Deluxe? If I can buy either around the same price, what is the best option? Fox Float has less use though.

RS all the way

no - they are both great forks I think you will be happy either way.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 18:40 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
jkelm wrote:

RS all the way

He wasn't talking about forks...

Yeah I'd go for the rockshox dropper if I waz u

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:
jkelm wrote:

RS all the way

He wasn't talking about forks...

Yeah I'd go for the rockshox dropper if I waz u

Redface

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 19:13 Quote
Question about a 2007 Fox DHX 4.0 Air. Everything I can find on this shock is the max is 200psi. After following all the other instructions for setting sag etc and I still am getting 40-50% sag at full psi. I am not light at 250lbs, but I figured I would be able to get closer to the 20-30% sag recommendations. Now I have read a few things on the old interweb saying that you can crank up the psi in these to around 300psi. Is there any truth to this? I don't really want to risk blowing the shock, but I really want to get closer to the proper sag. TIA

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014160
Mobile Version of Website