Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
@machuqueiro, when you say the upgraded solo air piston, do you mean the 2019 debonair spring? If so then no, there would probably be no meaningful advantage. The only advantage I can see is the stiffer chassis on the Lyrik and with your self described not very aggressive riding style, you probably won't notice it.

yes the new version with more negative spring (it make diference)

@bikerboywill, its working very nice no harsh at all

and as i dont fell the pike flexy or harsh will keep my euros on the walet

thanks

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
Is anyone else here running a Marzocchi 053?

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
Hi guys.
What is the problem?

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
ralliart wrote:
Hi guys.
What is the problem?

So the vid show's you cycling the shock through its initial travel and a clicking sound can be heard. Is there any other info you can provide? like does the shock feel undamped until the point of where it clicks? Have you removed the shock and cycled the frame to see if the click persists without the shock on? Does the shock make the clicking noise when its off the bike (you'll probably need to let the air out so you can cycle the shock by hand without it in the frame?

Answer some of those Q's and we may be able to narrow down what the issue is. My initial though based on this limited data is that you've got air in the damper, probably snuck past the IFP, and you need the damper serviced.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 5:48 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
Only oil change and bleed. There was no such sound in front of him

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Looking for bushings for my 2018 Ccdb coil. Manual says to buy 14.7mm bushes for both ends. Got some norglide branded ones and the rotate freely by hand in the eyelet even though they are 14.7. Any suggestions?

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 1:06 Quote
Hello
i am looking to buy the fast suspension upgrade kit has anyone got experience with the company ?
Thank you

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
Haddow-B wrote:
Hello
i am looking to buy the fast suspension upgrade kit has anyone got experience with the company ?
Thank you

not directly

one of the top suspension workshops in these parts offer it so just on that I would recommend in

scroll down the link a bit to see the Pike option
http://www.nsdynamics.com.au/rockshox-pike-upgrades/

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 2:35 Quote
İ have a 216x57 monarch plus rc3 "AUTOSAG" model. when i removing the shock pump a little bit black oil leaking from air valve. What is the problem possibly?

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 23:10 Quote
Hello I currently have a marzocchi 888 ( a great fork ) but I want to switch to an old marzocchi z1 single crown fork, is there any way to get disk brakes on it?
Cheers!

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 2:53 Quote
if it doesn't come disk points (IS or post mount) you're looking at an old fork indeed. does it even have a thru axle? I'm not sure why you'd want to replace an 8in duel crown DH fork with a single crown. your geo and BB height will be whack and steering will be all noodles. you may as well go without the front brake

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
Freeride014 wrote:
Hello I currently have a marzocchi 888 ( a great fork ) but I want to switch to an old marzocchi z1 single crown fork, is there any way to get disk brakes on it?
Cheers!

well even the first gen Z1 had disc mounts (on BOTH sides lol) though they were not IS yet. unless they were cut off. you may need a custom mount built. there were a few years of a flush mount off the back of the legs using a special nut that went under the inside of the legs i don't think that was on the Z1 though.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 3:20 Quote
hello, what's your opinion on the Marzocchi 380 c2r2 titanium? I usually prefer air over spring due to rider weight adjustability, but I love the amount of tuner option this one has , and also love the looks! whats your opinion?

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Hi guys,

Yet another suspension question, but I'll be honest, I haven't read through all 201 pages so this may have been covered.

My forks are 170mm Yari, I like Enduro and will be visiting bike parks like forest of Dean and Bike park Wales. I weight a whole 52kg, around 55kg with kit on.

It's the front I'm struggling with, mainly setting sag. Say out of 5 goes at getting a measurement, 2-3 out of 5 will get me my 30% sag, the other 2-3 tries will be quite far off. I stand on the pedals, attack position, heals down, bounce and then once settled I slide the O ring down and gentle dismount.

Now, I have tried the Rockshox Trail website to get a suggest pressure for my weight, which they say is 36psi. Now when testing sag, I seem to be getting more than 30% at this pressure, but since I can't seem to get a consistent reading as above, I don't know if I'm doing it right.

Then, would that pressure be for zero tokens? if adding tokens do i still add the same 36psi? or do I need less? I assumed stay at the same pressures but then the tokens will start to make it a bit more progressive and start to stop the bottom out?

How much travel should I then be using? Watching some slowmo from this years EWS rounds, some riders are nearly bottomed out through rock gardens or heavy roots, yet I have been trying to set up so landing from jumps I don't bottom out which I'm starting to think is wrong and I need to run a bit softer? I can maybe run softer and absorb landings/drop offs better through knees/arms?.

If anyone has any pointers in my set up technique or anything they can advise me on I'd really appreciate it. Just trying to get a good base setting down which I feel I'm struggling to do.

Thanks guys!
Mark

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
Don’t worry about suggested pressure. Nearly all charts are wrong for some reason. You should do it by sag and feel on the trail.

The changing sag is weird and shouldn’t happen but again I wouldn’t get too hung up on it. It’s probably that you are bouncing around when you get off the bike to check your o ring.

I start off with around 45psi and see how it feels. If you are getting too much feed back into your hands. Lower it by 5psi. If you’re getting no support and it’s wallowing up it by 5psi.

Also I wouldn’t worry about tokens are your weight. You’re not gonna need much ramp up to support your weight.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020120
Mobile Version of Website