Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 2:37 Quote
That’s only because the stanchion can get scratched by the spring so the air piston wouldn’t seal. If it’s holding air pressure then it’s probably fine

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello, I have a 2015 boxxer race and two months ago I changed the coil for the air cartridge from a 2013 boxxer wc ( Its more tunable) , in the first 20% of the travel the suspension feels a bit stuck , but after that super sensitive? Any thoughts? Did full service yesterday and feels the same

This feeling of stuckness in the initial stroke could just be the added stiction of the air seals. Air is never going to feel as sensitive as coil and a 2013 air spring didn't have the large negative air chamber that newer forks have to compensate for that stiction

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello, I have a 2015 boxxer race and two months ago I changed the coil for the air cartridge from a 2013 boxxer wc ( Its more tunable) , in the first 20% of the travel the suspension feels a bit stuck , but after that super sensitive? Any thoughts? Did full service yesterday and feels the same
To convert from coil to air the fork needs to be basically new iirc.
it had ridden 2 times and it had the coil protection, the air side feels good the problem is in the damper side

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
Evening all, I'm currently at a lost point with my boxxer R2C2, I purchased it and have used a spare right stanchion for coil side which works fine, I also purchased new WC lowers from TF tuned and fitted, now they have the bottom out dial on left side but for some reason the left side is almost 15mm deeper into the forks than the right. I'm struggling to find out why. Also the red rebound adjuster seems to turn and click forever, it all seems to work correctly but I want to get it right before riding.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
jimbomodder wrote:
Evening all, I'm currently at a lost point with my boxxer R2C2, I purchased it and have used a spare right stanchion for coil side which works fine, I also purchased new WC lowers from TF tuned and fitted, now they have the bottom out dial on left side but for some reason the left side is almost 15mm deeper into the forks than the right. I'm struggling to find out why. Also the red rebound adjuster seems to turn and click forever, it all seems to work correctly but I want to get it right before riding.

Download the service manual from sram, maybe that will help. There is a small "c" clip on top of the rebound shaft, these had a problem with the clip popping off if over turned, the clip did double duty as a stop, and kept things from floating around in the oil.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
Evening gents, so a mate of mine if having a bit of trouble with his rear shock. He’s got a Rockshox deluxe rt that he keeps bottoming out after some big air time. Now to be honest he’s a big lad, 18 stone, but he’s got near max psi in it. We were just wondering if some bottomless tokens would do the trick or if he needs to start looking at different shocks. Any advice would be welcome......

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
Ya volume spacers are your best bet. He needs more progressivity. If you add as many spacers as is allowed and it's still not progressive enough, see if you're got a larger version of the air can. If so, they you could get the lower colume air can and redure volume even more. If all that doesn't do it, think about getting the high speed compression damping custom tuned to be firmer.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
Thanks for the response! Reckon we’ll try the tokens first as it’s the cheapest......

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
Guys need you opinion! Right now I have a Boxxer race that I bought used all scratched up, with a 2012 air kit with an air volume adjuster, the motion control damper is complete garbage. I have 3 options that I would like your opinion.
-1º charger damper upgrade kit for 230€
-2º SR Suntour Rux RC2 new for 650€
-3º SR Suntour Durolux R2C2 180mm new for 430€
I have an 2016 Scott gambler.
I would like your guy's input If you have any other option please tell me.
Thank you.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Guys need you opinion! Right now I have a Boxxer race that I bought used all scratched up, with a 2012 air kit with an air volume adjuster, the motion control damper is complete garbage. I have 3 options that I would like your opinion.
Thank you.

I'd do option 2. but check around to see if there's a shop that supports Suntour, just in case something goes wrong.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 16:16 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Thank you.

Charger damper and a 2019 air spring will be very very good and best value of the three. Don't want a single crown on a beast like a gambler. Use the rest of the cash for a bike park trip

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 22:43 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
Thank you.

Charger damper and a 2019 air spring will be very very good and best value of the three. Don't want a single crown on a beast like a gambler. Use the rest of the cash for a bike park trip

Second

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
Thank you.

Think I will go with the charger damper , does anyone knows if the charger damper 2 also fits?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
I am thinking about adding a volume spacer (for 2 total) to test out because i am a heavier rider. About how much pressure adjustment will one token make?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
Thank you.

Think I will go with the charger damper , does anyone knows if the charger damper 2 also fits?

Not absolutely sure, but i heard that the charger2,will not fit the older 35mm stanchions. the thread pitch is different.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024586
Mobile Version of Website