Bighit Vs. Stinky Pro's and Con's

PB Forum :: Downhill
Bighit Vs. Stinky Pro's and Con's
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
You need to give up while you are, well I can't say ahead, so lets go with any deeper.

Specialized may make decent products, but that doesn't change the fact that they are pricey.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
edeltraught wrote:

No there bikes are super good

They're nothing special.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
kendall07 wrote:
edeltraught wrote:

They're nothing special.
haha they just made their name that so they'd sound special

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
kendall07 wrote:
edeltraught wrote:

They're nothing special.
haha they just made their name that so they'd sound special

Haha! Damn, I shoulda picked up on that when i wrote it. I'm slow today...

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
edeltraught wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:

True

I also agree. Specialized can be pricey stuff.

okay, you my friend, need to learn how to read

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 3:48 Quote
kendall07 wrote:
poosticks wrote:
I noticed this thread is supposed to be pro's and con's?! all i read is the usual 'konas are shit, spesh's are awesome' at the end of the day its not what u ride its how u ride, and why u ride! i mean, when ur out with ur buddies does it really matter whos bike is better or whos has the newest wheels/better headset/most travel, etc etc.

i (as im sure every1 has) have been out on a trail when some kid on a bike that is evidently cheaper and 'not as good' as what im riding but flies pasr and theyve still got that 'god im glad to be riding this trail' look plastered all over their faces (like any rider on any trail and more importantly ON ANY BIKE has)

long story short, we all do and love this MTB malarky for the same reasons, every1 has there own preferences on bike/setup and who am i or you to tell them different!! etc. Get out there and f**king hit that sh*t!!

Bah this is pinkbike, who cares how you ride, so long as what you're doing it on isn't a kona? Razz

this from the guy who wants to copy his hero!! lol (think the term is 'bike tart' or maybe 'aal the gear, no idea' might work too.

just for th record, 2 years of running my stab supreme and not 1 thing has broken!! (frame included)

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 3:50 Quote
poosticks wrote:
kendall07 wrote:
poosticks wrote:
I noticed this thread is supposed to be pro's and con's?! all i read is the usual 'konas are shit, spesh's are awesome' at the end of the day its not what u ride its how u ride, and why u ride! i mean, when ur out with ur buddies does it really matter whos bike is better or whos has the newest wheels/better headset/most travel, etc etc.

i (as im sure every1 has) have been out on a trail when some kid on a bike that is evidently cheaper and 'not as good' as what im riding but flies pasr and theyve still got that 'god im glad to be riding this trail' look plastered all over their faces (like any rider on any trail and more importantly ON ANY BIKE has)

long story short, we all do and love this MTB malarky for the same reasons, every1 has there own preferences on bike/setup and who am i or you to tell them different!! etc. Get out there and f**king hit that sh*t!!

Bah this is pinkbike, who cares how you ride, so long as what you're doing it on isn't a kona? Razz

this from the guy who wants to copy his hero!! lol (think the term is 'bike tart' or maybe 'aal the gear, no idea' might work too.

just for th record, 2 years of running my stab supreme and not 1 thing has broken!! (frame included)

p.s. why do u have a pic of a stinky on ur profile if theyere so sh*t!?!?!

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 4:24 Quote
Sarcasm mate!

Was saying that cos it's what everyone on pinkbike seems to think!

I have no problem with Kona, I have one and I like it. Sure it's not the best bike out there but it's good enough for me.

And the sig under my avatar is just taking the piss out of all the Sam Hill fanboi's

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 6:41 Quote
I have both.. or had, 2006 Stinky and 2006 Bighit 2. From my experience, the kona faster for flatout runs bombing it straight down the hill no brakes was and is faster than the Bighit. The bighit is better in the corners I found. Just seems easier to pin it in the corners. Just what I found Smile
And how the F__K is Kona the Hyundai of Bikes...WTF

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
Oh god, look what you've brought back.

What he was getting at by the hyundai comment is that Kona is trying to play with the "big boys" with all the nice gear, at a fraction of the cost, similar to Hyundai. You get what you pay for.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
Kona has been building bikes longer than you have been alive. They were one of the biggest contributing bike companys to the freeride scene. they were building freeride bikes before the term was even used.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
I would say the Big Hit is more worth it. Mainly because Big Hits have a lifetime warranty... while Kona only has a 1-2 years warranty. That says something...

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
I test rode many bikes...different years. I have to say I love the Big Hits with the FSR. Now they are all FSR but the Grom, but the single pivot one back in the day I didnt really like. I rode the Stinky and stinky deluxe. I like both bikes and would take either one really. The Big Hit just seamed to fit me and feel more comfortable for me though. I don't know exactly what it is about it, but as soon as I threw my leg over it, it felt right. So, I think thats kinda the biggest factor, ride them all and go with the one that makes you feel the most comfortable/confident. Im not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but ive been riding for most of my life and when picking bikes tried to analyse every little detail like this and do the whole VS thing, but whehn it came down to it (comparing comperable bikes) all those minute comparisons didn't end up meaning that much.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
downhillseeker wrote:
Kona has been building bikes longer than you have been alive. They were one of the biggest contributing bike companys to the freeride scene. they were building freeride bikes before the term was even used.

Just because they have been around for a long time doesn't mean they are still good, even if they were the shit back in the day. Look at Raleigh and Schwinn.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
Yet again, you fail to comprehend what I am saying....

Raleigh and Schwinn were good at what they did and still are. Making main stream bikes for little kids.

Research and find out who owns Schwinn and Raleigh. You'll be surprised.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.092235
Mobile Version of Website