Bead Blasting

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
Hey does anybody know if bead blasting your frame 2 get your paint off damages it at all?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
bead blasting leaves liek a frosty coat over the metal you should sand blast it i dont know what it will do but i think it should be fine ( i know about bead blasting because im in art metal)

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
loveDJandDH wrote:
Hey does anybody know if bead blasting your frame 2 get your paint off damages it at all?

Bead, sand, and even media blasting (walnut shells, stuff like that) has the power to blow a hole right thru your frame, so watch out.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
yeh cause i got a sand blaster at school and i can use it in metals class. but couldn't i just sand the frame after bead blasting it?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
loveDJandDH wrote:
yeh cause i got a sand blaster at school and i can use it in metals class. but couldn't i just sand the frame after bead blasting it?

Hey, you should be more concerned about what it could do than what it would look like, would you rather have a hole in your frame, or take the time to use paint stripper?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
RockyMountainPride wrote:
loveDJandDH wrote:

Bead, sand, and even media blasting (walnut shells, stuff like that) has the power to blow a hole right thru your frame, so watch out.
i'm pretty sure the one at my school doesn't have that much power cause i was useing it of some sheet metal and the gun thing was pretty close and it didn't ripe threw it

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
loveDJandDH wrote:
loveDJandDH wrote:

i'm pretty sure the one at my school doesn't have that much power cause i was useing it of some sheet metal and the gun thing was pretty close and it didn't ripe threw it

Well you'd better make sure, because you can adjust the power...read this thread: http://bustedspoke.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45988&p=411619&hilit=bead+blasting#p411619

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
what is the frame made on on cromo frames youll be fine the tubes are either thick or youll need diamond dust to cut through it if its alloy be carefull it will eat away same with scandium and other "soft" alloys

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:
what is the frame made on on cromo frames youll be fine the tubes are either thick or youll need diamond dust to cut through it if its alloy be carefull it will eat away same with scandium and other "soft" alloys

His school is not going to have diamond dust... its not even used as a paint remover. Its used on saw blades and as a polisher.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:

its aluminum its a 07 norco rival i know its junk getting a better bike this summer but still want the rival 2 look good

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:

His school is not going to have diamond dust... its not even used as a paint remover. Its used on saw blades and as a polisher.
no shit dude im saying it would have to be to blow though the tube

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:

i could get my teacher 2 order it but i would have 2 pay for it but i wouldn't because i knew it is for saws and that

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
sand box sand works the best u DONT want to blow a hole in the tube thats the whole point i was being sarcastic all you need is sandbox sand

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:
sand box sand works the best u DONT want to blow a hole in the tube thats the whole point i was being sarcastic all you need is sandbox sand
yah but i don't have acsess 2 that just a bead blaster at school

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
as long as your paint/powdercoat isnt to thick its should work fine and the other dudes idea about sprayin stripper on it will cut down on the time with the bead blaster

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008568
Mobile Version of Website