Vee Dub Club!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Vee Dub Club!
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 15:11 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
caravanking wrote:
I've been lead to believe that porting is different and also that the turbines have a different amount of fins on them (less fins on k03s). However I'm not sure exactly on actual specs of them. K03 and k03s intake pipes are different too, so guessing that the intake port is a different bore. The k03 isn't any good for any more than what power I've got on my k03s. My k03s is still on standard side mount intercooler, my car actually ran 234bhp but was de-tuned for the cooler/reliability, but was told that a good flowing intercooler system should see me around 245-250bhp and if I got a de-cat pipe and non resonated box, and a proper CAI should be good for a little more. However, I chose to go panel filter, sportscat and resonated box to keep it fairly quiet (although it's got a satisfying noise hight in revs). Not only that but I had no intentions of getting any more than 225ish bhp (currently running 221bhp). Yes, there's an extra 30bhp or so (being generous) to go in my k03s, but it's not a concern because going over where I am was never anything I was planning as such, I'm happy with it. With a k04, I'd be then pushed towards bigger injectors, which means more fuel (potentially) which kind of puts me off. Plus the extra cost on my part time job while at uni doesn't allow.

yeah i get all that - what i was saying is that they share the same footprint/body/mounting pattern and going for much more power would probably mean a bigger turbo and lots more mods.

the standard engines respond well to basic chip tuning but for real power the 20vT scene has moved on a lot recently and there are some big power kits out there, its just mega $

Yeah, there's a lot of bolt on stuff for the 1.8t. K04 is a good route for pushing up to 300bhp. Then it's a case of going to garret and bbt turbos and then getting forged internals.. Just not worth it for what I want. My bros on about chipping his abf, but it's on completely different management. Mine was just plugged in and had a full custom rolling road jobby by nick at r-tech. Basically biggest name in uk for the 1.8t. They can get 195bhp out of a stock k03, and 212bhp from a stock k03s

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 10:49 Quote

Hey guys, here's my more door that I'm working on.

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 11:47 Quote
Sweet! I nearly bought a 5 door mk1 for 400quid a few year ago.. Wish I had now.

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 11:58 Quote
Very tempted to "invest" in a volvo 240... That's my prediction anyway

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 14:55 Quote
Guy used to have one on my road. He's got an e190 now. Doesn't modify them, just buys sweet old cars, think it's an old guy too.. But anyways, thumbs up to volvos.

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Very tempted to "invest" in a volvo 240... That's my prediction anyway

loved mine

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 10:11 Quote
These for the abf? Look tasty! Bwaaaarp!

Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
My last post was page 170.

How's everyone doing?

I'll just leave these here for now tup

Tiguan suspension on the golf R + 1.25" oversized tires.

Plus my Mk7 GTI, bagged on 20s. Maybe you've seen it Wink

Miss this place!

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 27, 2014 at 19:10 Quote
Hot damn!

Here's my most recent VW purchase. No fancy camera or anything, just a spur of the moment, excited buyer kinda thing.

It needs some work, primarily some new seats and disc brakes (hopefully)

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 at 13:27 Quote
love the mk7! Dubs rule!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024059
Mobile Version of Website