Glory General Disscussion

PB Forum :: Giant
Glory General Disscussion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 0:15 Quote
saw the stp discussion thread and wanted a glory one..

what do you guy recon mine would weigh

frame: 08 Glory dh0
fork: 08 Fox 40 rc2
rear shock: Fox dhx 5.0 coil
derailleur: Sram XO shortcage 20th anniversery
shifter: Sram XO trigger
cranks: Shimano Saint Hollowtech II 34T
bottom bracket: Shimano Saint Hollowtech II
chainguide: E.Thirteen LG1
chain: Shimano XTR
cassette: SRAM PG-970 DH 11-26T
brakes: Avid Juicy 7 w8" rotors
hubs: DT Swiss 440
rims Mavic EX729
tyres: Fr: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 3C | Rr: Maxxis HighRoller 2.5 Slow Reezaay
pedals: Funn Soljam
handlebars: Sunline v1 745mm, 19mm rise
seat post: SDG I Beam
seat: SDG I-Fly
grips: Sunline
stem: RaceFace Diabolus d2

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
43.5 pounds ish depending on frame size.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
why would you want a 34 tooth chain ring? i run a 36 on my dh bike, and i spin my cranks even in the highest gear

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
mitcht wrote:
I was thinking a little lighter with those wheels. I have mine at like 41.7 or some shit and I have some lighter stuff and some heavier stuff.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
We're talking a pound and a half of difference... Yours is almost 42 pounds and you got rid of that boat anchor headset cup and rear axle... catch my drift?

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
why would you want a 34 tooth chain ring? i run a 36 on my dh bike, and i spin my cranks even in the highest gear

Do you have a road cassette? Way off topic, but just wondering.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
bighit711 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

on my bike?

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
bighit711 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

on my bike?

yeah.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
im not sure. lol i asked my boss what would the best ger ratio on my bike would be and he gave me that. its pretty light aswell. and i cant tell its a road cassette by riding it. no complaints so far

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
im not sure. lol i asked my boss what would the best ger ratio on my bike would be and he gave me that. its pretty light aswell. and i cant tell its a road cassette by riding it. no complaints so far

Road Cassette's are smaller and lighter, if you're running out of gears, you should look into one.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
mitcht wrote:
We're talking a pound and a half of difference... Yours is almost 42 pounds and you got rid of that boat anchor headset cup and rear axle... catch my drift?
Whoa I just said I thought it may be a little lighter! I wasn't trying to argue just conversate. I wasn't sure how much his wheels would differ in mine or if the saint cranks would make a diff either.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
mitcht wrote:
Whoa I just said I thought it may be a little lighter! I wasn't trying to argue just conversate. I wasn't sure how much his wheels would differ in mine or if the saint cranks would make a diff either.

Neither was I... Giant owners are always chill bro haha

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
mitcht wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
mitcht wrote:

Neither was I... Giant owners are always chill bro haha
I thought so but with the ol PB you never know. But I like your style and as they say in the hood "Game recognize game" or at least in South Dakota. lol

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
mitcht wrote:

wtf thats heaps heavy why is it so heavy?

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
JackPike wrote:
mitcht wrote:

wtf thats heaps heavy why is it so heavy?

You could lose a bunch of weight.. Switch to an Ultegra or Dura-Ace cassette, 729 to 721 or 823 done-up tubeless, Im not too sure bout the weight of the 440 hubs.. Yea small things can make loads of a difference!..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012368
Mobile Version of Website