Lightweight Downhill bike

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Lightweight Downhill bike
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
I may or may not change the shifter, depends if i sell my set of X.9 ones or not. Also I dont want a road cassette cause I still want to be able to pedal this thing up hills or else I would have thrown a dura-ace on there already. Im planning on racing xc with this bike most of the summer so i need the 11-34 cassette unfortunately.

It is a good idea..i just wish i could get away with a road. Guess ill have to buy my own XC bike next year instead of trying to steal my dads again since he decided he wants to race XC this year:P
nice, i prefer wider range cassetes too

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
Haha yeah, kinda like what crs-one was joking about. If I can drop weight and keep the functionality of this bike im totally game, but I refuse to lose functionality for a few grams. One other thing I was thinking about is Formula The One brakes, but Im not sure if I can get them through work or not, and if I can't they are definetly not worth it:P Im not even sure how much weight I would drop by doing that but I think they are lighter than Elixirs?

Mod
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
mbjz wrote:
just wondering but if u were looking for light pedals u could have looked for wellgo mg1.....they r hella light and magnesium

Too bad that magnesium is such a soft metal and tends to bend more than aluminum.

If you are looking for a weight reduction, get a gripshift shifter. They are lighter than a trigger. Also, The One brakes are lighter than Elixir CR's.

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
I actually just picked up a pair of eggbeaters for my dads XC bike so as soon as I get used to riding xc with those i was thinking of trying them on my Dh bike.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
mbjz wrote:
just wondering but if u were looking for light pedals u could have looked for wellgo mg1.....they r hella light and magnesium

Too bad that magnesium is such a soft metal and tends to bend more than aluminum.

If you are looking for a weight reduction, get a gripshift shifter. They are lighter than a trigger. Also, The One brakes are lighter than Elixir CR's.
ya thats what i heard but my freind has put them through some abuse and they have come out unscathed...and trust me he is not a light rider....also u can get 3 pairs of them for the price of one pair of straitlines or like 5 for the price of a pair of twenty6's so u never know dude....just stock up on a couple

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 22:46 Quote
Wow, its cool to see someone who actually follows through on their dream build. nice bike, 34 is pretty good, how does it ride with totems?

O+
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
That bike is EPIC!!!! Congrats man Smile I really like the totem and straitline stuff.
If you feel like it, see if you can get some metallic blue decals for your totem...that would be epic.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 19:31 Quote
Meh that would be too much blue, I love those black ones. I might put on some blue straitline end caps, and my straitline stem is on the way. Im also probably going to put on some blue Jag derailleur housing. I wish I could have gotten that seat with the red parts blue, would have been sickk. I might swap out the PG-990 cassette for the gold version when its available and put the red one on my Xc bike. I want to keep it as gold, white and blue as possible, and get rid of the red parts.

Thanks alot!Beer

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
Wow, its cool to see someone who actually follows through on their dream build. nice bike, 34 is pretty good, how does it ride with totems?

The bike is Unreal with the Totem. It rides so much nicer than my almost stock Reign X1 last year. I love the air so i can adjust it all the time. I love the thing its not a coil and it hasn't been broken in yet and its still super plush.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.081063
Mobile Version of Website