Spots in the South East - Surrey/Hampshire etc

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Spots in the South East - Surrey/Hampshire etc
Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 22:30 Quote
the-freerider wrote:
well guys all you people do is talk i have been digging the racetrack today and as for my "punctuation" that goes out the window when you guys talk utter crap about being in a dream world with porc going back on the map and all of you guys that have been complaning abour diggin me and bling didnt see you today so your obs not that bothered and "bike breaker" get your head out of your f*cking ass mate you have no idea how much time i have given to get porc back to where it is and i will continue to do so because i love this sport and the atmosphere around it its people like you that make things worse by talking shit about stuff never going to be back and talking unposstive you have to think possitive or you will get nowere in life

You really need to grow up.

Like matey above....Im not slating the place. I wish it every success in whatever route PORC wants to take. You just need to get a grip and see its NOT a world class place any more. And never will be! Can you really see Peaty coming to ride the DH there?!?!?!

If my head was up my ass, Id be saying how my trails are better and Im a better trail builder than you and Im a better rider than you. Im not.

Keep digging, Keep the mini DH races going. And good luck in making PORCs comeback. I do hope you get it there as it really does sadden me seeing it in such a shit hole compared to how it used to be.

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 at 2:33 Quote
well sorry if what i said came across as dickish it wasnt intended that way its just we spend a long time getting the track ready and it gets really anoying when people change things shurley you must understand that?

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 at 3:15 Quote
Of course, I would feel exactly the same. It is after all the main issue. There are 2 or 3 things that have been suggested here that would be of real benefit to PORC.

You yourself mentioned that if any unorthorised building was done then it would be removed & restored to it's original state.

The tapes that mark tracks out need to remain in place. I know this has been done before but they will get damaged anyway. I know I've gone through a few after a sketchy moment or crash.

Obviously it's a difficult thing to implement & no one person can be there 24/7 but I think with a bit of focus it could be done. Eventually people would realise that they can't get away with these things & it would stop. Half the trouble is that it's just the done thing. Of course You'll always get some idiot take the piss but that's just life.

Bling has the biggest influence of all over Mike. He is getting 80+ riders down there every month & as I see it it'll more than likely get bigger. When was the last time that happened at PORC before the Bling series??? That's £££ notes in Mikes eyes. As they say money talks. Question is, Is it about PORC or is it about the MR Bling race series???

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 at 14:58 Quote
amen brother ( at stuey stuey)
its good to see this actually chilling out now, and hopefully the points people are making are taken in to considration!

all the best to porc!

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 5:05 Quote
Was kind of hoping we might hear from bling again???

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 at 14:14 Quote
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=153599081364994&index=1

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
Thought I'd revive this thread as there's been a hell of a lot of new trails appear over in the Surrey Hills. Since Pedal & Spoke opened the place has exploded with new trails popping up everywhere & the carparks full every weekend down in Peaslake.

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 13:35 Quote
I need to head over there!

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 8:47 Quote
can some 1 chuck a thew links up of trains near or in surrey dh mainly other that bracknell look out getting fed up of the same place go every weekend
cheers nothing to exstream as my cousin is a old fart ha ha big bumps scare him and has a weak shoulder thanks to the look out and there lovely roots ha ha lol

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 10:22 Quote
Surrey hills, rogate, porc, gravity project (might be only open for races?)

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 13:38 Quote
jaacck wrote:
Surrey hills, rogate, porc, gravity project (might be only open for races?)
Kool cheers pal will check em out

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 13:45 Quote
You want Peaslake or surrounding hills for Surrey.

Leith, Holmbury, Pitch & Winterfold.

There's stuff everywhere but its quite a big area so be prepared to explore.

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 5:39 Quote
there,s a place in stoughton kingley vale recently been built up. it's also becoming official like rogate in the next month so check it out quickly if any one does want to see i can show exactly where it is. it's close to south harting.

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 at 3:51 Quote
^^^Stoughton DH^^^

Come check it out.
Vid of main track: https://www.pinkbike.com/video/238772/

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 2:41 Quote
this is for if anyone wants to find where stoughton DH, the best i could do was from Petersfield town square. hope this helps.

Starting from The Square
1 Head east on The Square
2 Continue onto High St
3 Turn right onto Dragon St
4 Turn left onto B2146
5 Turn right to stay on B2146
6 Slight left onto B2141
7 Turn right

Arriving at Unknown road
Total: 9.7 mi - about 21 mins
The car park will be on your left, then head up either path if you go up the Wider path to the left you see the end of the downhill to the right, if you go up the other path eventually you can see up to the right a jump then go towards that. also here is map if that helps.
map of Petersfield to Stoughton downhill

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044727
Mobile Version of Website