The Best British Bikes Of All Time

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
The Best British Bikes Of All Time
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:05 Quote
Most tricked out Raleigh ever.

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:10 Quote
marquis wrote:

Thanks mate ^^ Also goes to show what can be done to a Raleigh product if some time and effort is put into the build. Once I get the brakes and chainring done, will be off the old abandoned open cast mine to shakedown the bike in preperation for some racing.

Am also plannin to do some on road charity events with it, so will keep y'all posted on that one ^^

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:13 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
marquis wrote:

Thanks mate ^^ Also goes to show what can be done to a Raleigh product if some time and effort is put into the build. Once I get the brakes and chainring done, will be off the old abandoned open cast mine to shakedown the bike in preperation for some racing.

Am also plannin to do some on road charity events with it, so will keep y'all posted on that one ^^
Salute

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:16 Quote
marquis wrote:
Stormus55 wrote:
marquis wrote:

Salute

Awesome mate! Must be rival for the old Raleigh DHO rig from the '90's for 'Best Raleigh award' I hope hehe. Made an impression blasting aruond when I was checkin the rear shock out and makin sure it all bedded in ok, even had a guys on a Scott and a Lapierre admirin it, so must have done somethin right....then I left them eatin mud lol

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:19 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Stormus55 wrote:

Salute

Awesome mate! Must be rival for the old Raleigh DHO rig from the '90's for 'Best Raleigh award' I hope hehe. Made an impression blasting aruond when I was checkin the rear shock out and makin sure it all bedded in ok, even had a guys on a Scott and a Lapierre admirin it, so must have done somethin right....then I left them eatin mud lol

Proof positive that it's shear determination that wins and not the latest and greatest wonder frame.

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:23 Quote
marquis wrote:
Stormus55 wrote:
marquis wrote:

Salute

Proof positive that it's shear determination that wins and not the latest and greatest wonder frame.

It was on a on and off road blast I done just to shake the rear shock down, and well, left them totally behind. As ya said, who needs the latest and greatest frame, and more than 9 or 10 gears? She might look a lil rough atm, but by eck does she ride bloody wonderful!

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:28 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Stormus55 wrote:

It was on a on and off road blast I done just to shake the rear shock down, and well, left them totally behind. As ya said, who needs the latest and greatest frame, and more than 9 or 10 gears? She might look a lil rough atm, but by eck does she ride bloody wonderful!

Like my mam and dad said,beauty is in the eye of the beholder Eek or were they being kind to me.lol

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:32 Quote
The bike will get a full respray come the summer months.Salute Share the ride, share the passion

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 9:33 Quote
marquis wrote:
whyte are not british,british design yes but produced by marin.
The whyte prst-1 was a good bike or though know knew it coz every one tourght the front suspension was pointless but it made it a hell of alot easier to ride. But sticking to the point. The whyte prst-1 was made in Britain after that they where made by Marin.

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
JRoe wrote:
marquis wrote:
The whyte prst-1 was a good bike or though know knew it coz every one tourght the front suspension was pointless but it made it a hell of alot easier to ride. But sticking to the point. The whyte prst-1 was made in Britain after that they where made by Marin.

The fork on the prst-1 had a j type axle path,i,e it moved back and then up,but people don't like stuff that looks different.

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
marquis wrote:
JRoe wrote:
marquis wrote:

The fork on the prst-1 had a j type axle path,i,e it moved back and then up,but people don't like stuff that looks different.
yeh I had one. It worked really well and it felt alot smoother to ride.

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 10:44 Quote
JRoe wrote:
marquis wrote:
JRoe wrote:

yeh I had one. It worked really well and it felt alot smoother to ride.

To go over a bump the fork has to stop and change direction,seems daft that the j type never took of but meh people are fickle.

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 11:03 Quote
Haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Kinesis Bikes U.K?

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 11:28 Quote
RSP's used to be tasty:

photo

They should bring 'em back...

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 11:31 Quote
almostwise wrote:
On-One
DMR
24Seven
Pashley
Reynolds
Raleigh
Ashton
Base
Koxx
Onza
the list goes on........

KInesis make parts for DMR Wink also some of the major companies that depend on Kinesis craftsmanship are; GT, Raleigh, Trek, Santa Cruz, Haro, Kona, Jamis, K2, Felt, Storck, Commencal, Sunn and Ideal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027053
Mobile Version of Website