DH/4X - The Weight Game.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DH/4X - The Weight Game.
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
Alright so my bike needs a 2.5 front and 2.35 rear. I can run two 2.35's if i need to but anyways,

Im currently running a front Highroller and was running a rear highroller but swapped it for a nevegal. Both tires are bald now and i need new tread. Im looking for Nice, light 26 inch tires. Any suggestions? Im really looking to drop weight so the lighter the better.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
Careful with running 3 rotor bolts. I've ruined the two threads on my rear hub doing it. One can no longer hold a bolt and the other just barely. Buy Ti bolts if you really want to watch the weight.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Careful with running 3 rotor bolts. I've ruined the two threads on my rear hub doing it. One can no longer hold a bolt and the other just barely. Buy Ti bolts if you really want to watch the weight.

Don't really use the rear bike that heavily...probably will only be racing if anything. Remember that WC races have been decided by .03 seconds tup

EDIT

Just figured out the best weight weenie idea EVER. And it's free Big Grin

Take a crap before your race...that's like an extra 1-3lbs that's weighing you down, and that's just more weight you have to pedal down the hill tup

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
I STILL haven't managed to weigh my bike yet. I went to my LBS today and asked if they would weigh my bike and they told me it would cost $10 for them to weigh it. Madder . They also said it would cost me $70-$80 for a singlespeed kit. They are sooooooo clueless.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
I STILL haven't managed to weigh my bike yet. I went to my LBS today and asked if they would weigh my bike and they told me it would cost $10 for them to weigh it. Madder . They also said it would cost me $70-$80 for a singlespeed kit. They are sooooooo clueless.

They charge you to weigh it?

Wow you have dicks for workers at your LBS.

I go in ask to weigh it they look at my bike and say, Why the hell not. or they ask me to weigh my bike ahahaha

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
gnarkore wrote:

They charge you to weigh it?

Wow you have dicks for workers at your LBS.

I go in ask to weigh it they look at my bike and say, Why the hell not. or they ask me to weigh my bike ahahaha
I basically said screw you and walked out.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:

Don't really use the rear bike that heavily...probably will only be racing if anything. Remember that WC races have been decided by .03 seconds tup

EDIT

Take a crap before your race...that's like an extra 1-3lbs that's weighing you down, and that's just more weight you have to pedal down the hill tup

3 lb? You need more fiber.

I am afraid of 3 rotor bolts, I suspect that a loose rotor slapping around would cause carnage.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
To the guy wanting to weigh his bike...thats a crappy bike shop. Go to a better one lol.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
hustler wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:

EDIT

I am afraid of 3 rotor bolts, I suspect that a loose rotor slapping around would cause carnage.

hey man I don't weigh my crap...it was a ballpark figure

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
hustler wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

EDIT

hey man I don't weigh my crap...it was a ballpark figure

Hahahahahaha, fair enough. Some things don't need to be weighed.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
hustler wrote:

yeah...I'm sure there are numbers out there somewhere Razz

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
I have actully weighed my crap, weighing in at a whopping 4 poundsBig Grin

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
hustler wrote:

yeah...I'm sure there are numbers out there somewhere Razz
its easy, just weigh yourself before and after and do math Razz

edit: 4 pounds of sh*t!!!?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
brentjj wrote:
I have actully weighed my crap, weighing in at a whopping 4 poundsBig Grin

Holy crap?

Heeyohh.

Trying to stay on topic, Specialized Turbo tubes: 106g

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
If you guys need any weghts checked out, I can probably find what you need to weigh it in grams...Cassettes, chains, headsets, some cranks, some brakes, cables, small stuff like that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039614
Mobile Version of Website