Your most annoying customer and why.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Your most annoying customer and why.
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
Another of these threads for us shop rats to chew on and spew at lol!

This summer this guy walks in sporting full bike hoar riding regalia and with a Cannondale road bike worth about 4 large. The guys says "I need some air."

Here's the pump and presta adapter... now like a dumb shit he puts the adapter in the pump head then proceeds to try and pump up his tire... "it doesn't work" he says.

I say unscrew the valve, screw the adapter on the valve stem then put the pump head on and pump up the tire.... he tries... "still doesn't work, can't you do this?" he says in a snarky voice... like he's up set he's having to get his hands dirty.

I say as you can see I'm a one man operation here, I'm on the phone with a customer, I have a customer waiting to pick up his bike, another to drop of, 3 people in the store test riding the same 3 bikes and a person needing help fitting a helmet... plus I have 5 bike repairs to do that day...

I walk around the counter feel the tires and say there is plenty of air in these tires and he says yea, but they're down maybe 10 psi...

I'm thinking f*ck off and go ride wiener... I say look, its a standard thumb lock pump. There are several people ahead of you so if you want to wait fine, if you want to try again yourself that's fine or you could just go ride with the tires like that because they are fine.

He says fine I'll take my business else where and stomps out...

Yes, good. please do, since its not like you were courteous or offered to pay for anything prick... the guy had a total roadie attitude and the fact that he couldn't even pump up his own f*cking tire was the icing on the cake.

I wonder if he he was the guy a laid a beat down on out on the hyway while I was riding the demo Trance X1... no easier way to piss off a roadie than to kick his ass while riding a mountain bike! lol!

So yes please tell us about your most annoying customers and as always make us laugh! lol!

#BANS hoolydooly, stryke, #BANS

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
Some guy came in and got really mad at us because we didn't have a spare swingarm for a 2004 norco A-line, it sucked pretty hard.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
The best customers to get are the ones that show up 5 mins before closing. They walk around checking stuff out. You come over ask them if they need anything and they ask a bunch of questions that you happily answer. Then they look at a few more things, then ask to test 1 or 2 bikes. You set them up and everything goes well. 45 minutes after the shop is supposed to close they wander around look at a few more things, ask a couple more questions, they thank you for all your help; then... leave! Afterward a week or so later they come in to ask if you can check out their bike that they have outside. You go out and it is a brand new bike from the competitor across town that sells similar quality brands, but his shop can't put a bike together to save they're life. The customer now wants you to go through and fix everything that the initial seller screwed up in the 1st place, plus they expect that I'm going to give them a break because I remember them from a week or 2 ago. I know customers that buy their stuff from me will get a break on labor, maybe parts if they are a really loyal customer, but this dumbshit is getting the full rate and I'm not salvaging a damn thing that is f*cked or most likely going to get f*cked in the near future. Probably I will tell them to take a hike and go back to whoever they bought it from and tell them that it is the shop they bought it from's responsibility to fix the bugs in their bike.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
i can foresee alot of built up rage in this thread.. I'm subscribing.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
the one who pulls up in a TVR [so is clearly minted], is looking for a bike for his wife [that she will never use], knows nothing about bikes but persistent asks loads of questions about stuff, then gets really friendly and chummy and starts talking business when it comes to pay up time and won't leave the shop until he has gotten a big discount cos you're now his new best friend...Evil

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
davemud wrote:
I wonder if he he was the guy a laid a beat down on out on the hyway while I was riding the demo Trance X1... no easier way to piss off a roadie than to kick his ass while riding a mountain bike! lol!
When i rode to school, roadies would try to race me while im riding my HT set for FR...i catch back up and hit the jump they cant hit and pass em.

I may not work in a shop, but almost every time i go in, theres this kid who always wants to test ride the most expensive bike, (sits on it when there is a "please dont sit on the bikes while their in the stand" sign), and asks the stupidest questions. Like "can this pedal fit on my bike?" "Are these grips gonna fit on my bars?", "Whats the best DH bike?"(there really isnt any DH places where i live.......

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
We have a regular customer who thinks everything should be cheap and perfect for him. So one day he decides he wants a new bike. Fair enough, we show him the catalogues for a while and after a long time showing him options and the likes. He decides they aren't good enough and he wants the bike custom built, part by part. So he then refuses to listen to any advice and places a large order. Anyway, the parts he wanted to order were all top of the line, half would not be compatible and since they were products we have little chance of selling if he were to change his mind, we asked for a deposit (standard procedure, really). But he had other ideas, he wanted a 50% discount, and to have everything built up and ready the day the parts got in, without any deposit payment. He argued and argued and in the end we just said "Well, sir. If you really think that with the attitude you have, the parts you want to order and the fact you refuse to put down a deposit. We are going to even consider this, let alone discount and to attempt a build that is incompatible."

He then shouted about a bit and left. What an ass.

I also hate customers who just want a discount. Mostly the ones who say things like "My father once spoke to the owner of here, does that mean I qualify for discount?" You'd think they would figure that one out.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
knobzy wrote:
i can foresee alot of built up rage in this thread.. I'm subscribing.
haha same....

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
Theres one guy that keeps coming in. He tries to talk to you for hours about rearly boring stuff like how he drilled holes in his chainrings for weight saving and stuff like that. He won't leave you alone no matter how bored and un-interested you look. Somtimes we just start talking to other customers or collect the mugs for a cup of tea or something. This one time tho I started banging my head against a wall when he was talking to my mate and he then started to go on at me about how bad it was to do that. Cry

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
me?
i was constantly ringing up for my parts to be in store O:
i bet that gets annoying, but i was desperate ):

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
ginj wrote:
me?
i was constantly ringing up for my parts to be in store O:
i bet that gets annoying, but i was desperate ):

It's people like you that get on our nerves lol

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
It's people like you that get on our nerves lol

i figured!
it wasnt quite everyday though
and i do know the guy, so he didnt mind that much, was just happy for the nice friendly chatter i give, im a nice person really Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
and, im not just saying that i know him because ive been in the shop like once like other people say Big Grin

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
the customers who come in a think they know better than you, also the ones who come in the big expensive car then complain that they cant afford your cheapest bike

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
also people who dont want to speak to me because im fairly young, tht really pisses me off

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.011922
Mobile Version of Website