Anyone from the UK done a trip to whistler/les gets (or similar), how easy was it and what sort of price range?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Anyone from the UK done a trip to whistler/les gets (or similar), how easy was it and what sort of price range?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 2:57 Quote
I went to Whistler for a month in June this year.

FLights where like £400 including bike with zoom to Vancoouver.

Then you need accomindation, i stayed with Ticket 2 Ride on exteneded play, was something like 600 for a month, which includedes transfers from Vancouver which is about 1.30-2 hours away, so are very useful to have!

Bike parts in Whistler are very expensive they know you cant go anywhere else so make sure your bike is in good oworking order.

eating out can be pretty cheap, $5 burgers and $10 pitchers at Merlins.

I also went to France for 2 weeks which was about £100 boat, £50 fuel, £200-250, accom. for 2 weeks. And Whistler is soo much better, its a totally different league, France just tents to be bumpy steep DH tracks, Whistler and BC have everything, and the tracks are so much better maintained.

Just make sure you have decent travel insureance, because i face planted a rock, and had about $800's of hospital bills.

Hope that helps Roeman

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 8:32 Quote
cheers these are really good Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Beer

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 11:26 Quote
as i have a residence in seattle and travel there frequently i can tell you that tickets from heathrow to BC are around 800 to 1300 USD for birtish airways in economy. all depends when you book and what days. whistler is 90 CAD for a 3 day lift pass. and bike hire is 99CAD a day. hotels can be found from 80CAD to 300 CAD a night, both are 30 seconds from the lifts, depends if you want luxury or half decent. Id say whistelr, best place in the world to ride. im just missing the nice 4 hour drive it use to take me to get there Frown

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 11:28 Quote
SuperrealA11an wrote:
i went to whistler from london stayed in a hotel in the top village and got free 1st class british airways flights Pimp

me too! help[s when your cousin is a manager at the westin resort and your dad sells planes for boeing Smile

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 11:34 Quote
basically all you need is alpine elements.
thats all
they do everything for you
cushty chalet, transfers, food, guides, mechanics, bike rentals if you need it and other activities
all for a well good price
www.alpineelements.co.uk BINGO

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 1:42 Quote
Whistler is so good, uncomparable.
I went by zoom airlines, canni cheap.
Hotels right at the bottom of the mountain are very expensive, there are some cheaper ones next to blackhomb mountain, which is a 3 min cycle from the bottom of the mountain or other places just utside that are within cycling distance.
Also you could think about going on a summer gravity camp - you can pay so flights, accomodation and lift passes are included. Its run by Shandro and Jordie Lunn and the like and they coach you. I think that costs about $1700 (dollars) whish is maybe £800 or so. There is a website for it.
Whistler is expensive, but is well worth the trip

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 5:38 Quote
Camp of Champions has trips to Whistler designed to be the best bang for the buck.
7 nights accommodation in "The Dorm" our dorm on Blackcomb Mountain, 6 days tickets for the Whistler Bike Park, one day guiding in the park and a 2008 Park Edition Norco A Line to ride. The trip is $950 CAD so it's quite a bargain. Here's a link.
Camp of Champions

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
I can't wait as i am off to Whistler in 3 weeks time for 2 weeks i booked my accommodation with Ticket 2 ride where they will proved my breakfast and 3 courses evening meals sweet, as well as 4 days guide mountain biking around whistler which will be cool as i will not have a scooby where to go and don't want to nail myself on the first day. They also have a full time mechanic to help prep and repair your prized mountain bike or if you don't they have a full range of hire bikes! in total the whole holiday will cost £1200 including taking my mountain bike across with canadian affair and including bike pass for the 2 weeks! all I need to worry about is beer money.

And a quick note i am coming out to whistler to stay for a year from October to do a winter season/ summer if anyone can please help me find some accommodation it would would much appreciated.

Hope you get to go some place soon

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
If there are a bunch of you going, look into renting a condo. It's way cheaper than staying in a hotel, plus you get full kitchen facilities and secure bike storage.

We rented a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom condo with sleeping accommodations for 8 with a garage and a hot tub on the deck last summer. It cost $3k for the week, but between 8 people that's pretty cheap compared to 7 nights in a hotel. Plus we cooked a lot of our own meals and we had a place to store stinky bike gear and dirty bikes as well as a place to do the inevitable repairs that come with a week at Whistler. We were just off Blackcomb Way, near the hospital. It was about a 5 minute pedal to the lifts. It's the way to go for an extended stay with a bunch of people.

Lift passes are $49 a day, but you get a sizable discount if you buy a triple play card for $115. That will get you 3 days lift access and then you get a discounted rate for every extra day you ride after that. You can link the pass to your credit card so that once the initial 3 days are up, you can just keep using the pass and they'll charge you automatically.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 13:38 Quote
The Dorm at COC has a full kitchen so you can cook your own meals, so if you are on a budget that will definitely save you some wedge. It's not plush but it's awesome in so far as it saves you tons of dough on a hotel. there is secure storage and a place to work on your bike, clean it etc.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009823
Mobile Version of Website